• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HyPnO

• TJ

• Nick.

• watch me tb

Top Posters In This Topic

I know you asked hypno, but allow me to respond here.

I don't know what happens when you die, because I'm not dead. Because our bodies are biomechanical machines, I can assume with some sense of certainty that we simply cease to have consciousness. But, currently there is no way to test this, so we simply have to say that we don't know.

God may be true may not be, Its all opinons, We in this life time will never know that really bugs me that i don't know whats out there for me after death.

There may very well be a God. But since there is absolutely no proof of there being one, we can safely assume that there isn't one.

Russell's teapot

there is no proof that there is no god either.. untill you disprove god there is alwayse a chance that its true.

Of course that's perfectly true. But it's not the job of the Atheist to disprove God. It is the job of the Theist to prove it. The Atheist is not the one proposing that there is something that created the Universe, the Theist is. If you were to actually propose that there was a teacup orbiting around the Sun, I would ask for some evidence as to why you came to that conclusion. Of course, the Theist has no proof of it, so we can go along with life without pondering IF the teapot is orbiting along, because there was no proof to being with.

Again, the teapot may be orbiting the Sun, but SINCE THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO PROOF, I have no problem assuming there is not a God.

then assume that fucktard... idfc. im just saying, you guys all say there is no evidence supporting, im saying there is no evidence apposing. and yes, it is the job of the "athiest" to disprove it. you dont even know why do you. because everyone that believes in god does just that. "Believes" we dont need science to show us statistics or what ever, so when you disprove it, then i will listen. im not trying to sway you in one direction or the other, cuz tbh i dont care about any of you from a religious stand point.

People claim to reject God’s existence because it is “not scientific” or “because there is no proof.” The true reason is that once they admit that there is a God, they also must realize that they are responsible to God and in need of forgiveness from Him (Romans 3:23, 6:23). If God exists, then we are accountable to Him for our actions. If God does not exist, then we can do whatever we want without having to worry about God judging us. That is why many of those who deny the existence of God cling strongly to the theory of naturalistic evolution—it gives them an alternative to believing in a Creator God. God exists and ultimately everyone knows that He exists. The very fact that some attempt so aggressively to disprove His existence is in fact an argument for His existence.

Complete garbage. I reject the existence of a God because there is absolutely no proof of there being one. I did not do it so I could pretend I'm not responsible for my actions. That along with the whole "oh you've had a bad life that's why you don't believe in God, I'm sorry" is typical Religious dribble drabble that has been allowed to pass for a long time. You are not using logic, therefore your post has no buisness here. If you want to appeal to emotions go teach a Sunday School Class and brainwash the five year olds, because it's not working here.

sorry for the double post, but i had to respond to this fucking retard. this is a debate topic. everyones opinion is allowed here. you are a straight up dumbass.

ty watch me tb. You can ask christians about how it has changed there life and i am sure they will say how believeing in god has changed how the live and they feel happier then when they wasnt one. Many people dont believe and i dont blame them i just wish they could feel how it feels to have someone that will love you for who you are and forgive you for your past.

yes, there are those religios "nuts" that will try to sway you one way or the other, i will tell you my opinion, but im not going to say its the best or even right. athiests are way to defensive for some reason... wonder why that is?

@karma

I'm not here to talk about my beliefs. I'm simply here to debate the topic; "Is God Real?".

@watchmetb

Calm down buckaroo. So far, your beliefs aren't based on anything logical. Logic, in case you haven't been told, is the only way to debate. If you try to leave logic out of the mix, I'm afraid I cannot debate with you.

@watchmetb's second post

Yes it's a debate. Am I not allowed to challenge the posts made by others? You really have no idea what a debate is, do you?

yes, there are those religios "nuts" that will try to sway you one way or the other, i will tell you my opinion, but im not going to say its the best or even right. athiests are way to defensive for some reason... wonder why that is?

Defensive? Is that meant to be a joke? Did you see yourself insulting me after I challenged someone's post?

hypno do u understand these are beliefs people that have so it is a debate you dont need fuckin logic its what we believe is true and if you aint then dont flame if you gonna cry. Cry to yourself cuz you dont get anybody else other then yourself u self centered athiest bitch.

Hope this sheds some light on to you :)

notice i dont insult everyone with your same views... its not cuz i dissagree with you, its because your a retard.

I'm sorry you think so.

hypno do u understand these are beliefs people that have so it is a debate you dont need fuckin logic its what we believe is true and if you aint then dont flame if you gonna cry. Cry to yourself cuz you dont get anybody else other then yourself u self centered athiest bitch.

Hope this sheds some light on to you :)

Flame? When?

Self centered? How?

Crying? What?

Guys, I'm not impressed by petty insults. I have seen nothing of value from your posts, and it's obvious that you're uncomfortable with people that challenge your views. I don't think there's much else to be said.

Okay then. There's no point for us to continue this. If you both continue to post in this thread, I will ignore you, and since you do not care about what I have to say, you can ignore me.

i dont see how he has any valid points. i dint really like this thread anymore their is no point in it the christians for the people that believe in god will always disagree with the people that dont and visversa unless they change cuz the ones that do wont. no point in argueing

Murder He Wrote

wow, this thread is a waste, it's not a debate thread, because it cannot be won. should be locked.

if you'd like to debate on this i'd join the evolution thread, thats what that is turning into ....

sir pker tom

well at first i didnt belive in god, but when im sleeping and im real scared of the dark i pray to god, or when im going through some bad sutff i usually pray for things to be alright......someone had to create this place we live in and if its not God who made it then who did?

Murder He Wrote

Science? the Big Bang? no one created it. same as how moons or mercury was created???

and being scared of the dark has nothing to do with god...

wow, this thread is a waste, it's not a debate thread, because it cannot be won. should be locked.

if you'd like to debate on this i'd join the evolution thread, thats what that is turning into ....

I'm going to start a thread saying there is a invisible, all knowing, and all loving onion on my shoulder. I tell you that I have faith in this onion. You don't think that since the onion is based on faith (meaning  belief without evidence) there probably isn't an onion? After you go over the countless reasons why the onion probably doesn't exist, you wouldn't count yourself as the winner?

What does it matter if I go into the whole, 'oh you don't see, this onion is outside time, it can't be seen, heard, felt, but it does exist, perhaps it exists outside time and logic itself!!!' routine. I think that despite the any other illogical ramblings from me, you should be fairly confident that you're right in thinking that there is no onion.

well at first i didnt belive in god, but when im sleeping and im real scared of the dark i pray to god, or when im going through some bad sutff i usually pray for things to be alright......someone had to create this place we live in and if its not God who made it then who did?

Why did someone have to create it? The Christians rely on the the whole 'well you can't get something out of nothing; therefore something must have created all this!!!' argument (forgot what it's called :P). The only problem with that is if some sort of deity created everything, according to their logic, the deity must have been created by something. Then you go on forever and ever.

As for your prayers, save your breath. If you think your God sometimes intervenes in matters of illness and luck, why has it that no amputees have ever been cured? Why is it that people thank god for curing them of ailment, but no amputee has ever grew back a leg?

Hyp0

why'd you quote me, if your reply, didn't specifically pertain to my quote?

Because I'm rambling. But also because I think it's perfectly possible to win in this debate, if you're a reasonable person.

I respect the faith of others, but only when they have the ability to think for themselves.

If you go through life feeling you need a reason to be on this earth, to be able to look forward to an afterlife, ect. Feel free, it wont bother me in the slightest.

On the other hand, when people are born into Christian families, and just believe in God because it seems to be the norm and that is how you've been brainwashed, then I disagree.

In my opinion the theory of Christianity was made to explain the unexplainable. Now we have another option it seems to me the only good thing you can bring out of Christianity is a positive look on life and even death.

Forgive me if this makes no sense, I've been drinking.