don
Kruck
Polar
TBR
[ Council ] Rob

Is God real?

0_I_T0i_I_O

its about thinking out of the box..

if you think god is a guy up in the sky watching you jerk off, obviously you going to think its all bullshit.

i think god is sorta like you concience or what ever.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HyPnO

• TJ

• Nick.

• watch me tb

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to hypno's thread, I simply think you have the wrong attitude on faith completely.

I wish all the idiots who tried slagging off the church could have a taste of reality. I haven't been to church for quite a while, for personal reasons, but from when I did go, I realised what a wonderful place it was.

Everybody there is so friendly, and generous, and being driven by their beliefs.

Whether I am Christian or not, I have much respect for Christians, and if they're wrong, IT DOESN'T MATTER!

Smile!!!! :)

Yes, yes, they can sometimes possess admirable qualities. Sure. That's not what I'm discussing though. Their community is still suffering from paralyzing, mass delusions. As sweet as these delusions might be, it's crippling their ability to reason and hurts Society as a whole.

Of course I wouldn't convert them by force, but I would like to get the message out to more of these people of faith.. and perhaps, in time, we can get rid of this horrible disease and build up some true morality in Society.

why do u think this is a game their is no winner it is about a religion such a little kid haha its funny

You have nothing more to say in this debate. Therefore there is not need for you to post. And yes, you don't have to repeat yourself. You prefer to view me as a child. It makes you feel better. It's easier to write me off.

You've said everything that Christianity has to offer to the discussion, you can leave.

Dude I really dont say it to make me feel better. Im really sorry if i offended you but thanks for the debate even though it didnt change your mind its ok  :wub:

It's alright. You may have not changed my mind, but just think of who's left. There's millions of five year olds with fresh minds to corrupt. Just become a person with some sort of authority, and they'll bend to your will. Preferably, become a parent.

Good luck with that.

Bro why u gotta say shit like that what is the point of posting that you know it would make me mad just cuz you dont believe doesnt me u can start talkin shit about other ppls religion serioulsy dude man up.

I'm not trying to make you mad. Religion is a cancer.

EDIT:

Let me elaborate..

If you spend your life with the idea that logic and reason are optional things, what can you base things on? How can you be expected to solve basic problems? How can Society go anywhere if you allow such nonsense pass by unchecked?

I lover how you say im not trying to make you mad and then say relidion is a cancer which how the fuck wouldnt that make me mad cancer is a bad thing that hass killed many people i know and dont defend your self anymore just shut up contridict youself all the time shut the fuck up !!

It would be pretty sweet if we were created by aliens ... And they have been looking over us all these years. maybe we had contact with them in the past but lost it later on. and that could even explain why Egyptians had sky gods and such. And just so every one knows, most religions strung from Egyptian hieroglyphs. The "deadly sins" are scripted on the one of the walls on the Great Pyramids.

It would also explain why we are so perfect, and so well designed.

I know it sounds far fetched, but... When you think about it... So does every other religious belief.

I'm not a Scientology person or what ever. I just always thought that would be cool.

Heres some links to some interesting videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syVyb4ebns0&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xkHt6br1Q4&feature=related

Apparently no one read this the first time... so i'll just repost -.-

why do u think this is a game their is no winner it is about a religion such a little kid haha its funny

You have nothing more to say in this debate. Therefore there is not need for you to post. And yes, you don't have to repeat yourself. You prefer to view me as a child. It makes you feel better. It's easier to write me off.

You've said everything that Christianity has to offer to the discussion, you can leave.

Dude I really dont say it to make me feel better. Im really sorry if i offended you but thanks for the debate even though it didnt change your mind its ok  :wub:

It's alright. You may have not changed my mind, but just think of who's left. There's millions of five year olds with fresh minds to corrupt. Just become a person with some sort of authority, and they'll bend to your will. Preferably, become a parent.

Good luck with that.

Bro why u gotta say shit like that what is the point of posting that you know it would make me mad just cuz you dont believe doesnt me u can start talkin shit about other ppls religion serioulsy dude man up.

EDIT:

Let me elaborate..

If you spend your life with the idea that logic and reason are optional things, what can you base things on? How can you be expected to solve basic problems? How can Society go anywhere if you allow such nonsense pass by unchecked?

I lover how you say im not trying to make you mad and then say relidion is a cancer which how the fuck wouldnt that make me mad cancer is a bad thing that hass killed many people i know and dont defend your self anymore just shut up contridict youself all the time shut the fuck up !!

Lol. Then tell me how it's not like a cancer, and I'll reply. Then you can reply to that reply, and pretty soon... we can actually have something similar to a debate, amirite?

Stop being so emotional. You're perfectly free to go ahead, ignore me, and remain in blissful ignorance. But, if you choose to keep responding to me, then try adding a little substance. Don't tell me how you feel about what I'm saying.. tell me what you think of it. Tell me what I need to add to it. Tell me what you think needs to be removed. Tell me if you have alternative views.

I would not be offended if you were to tell me that Atheism is ignorance of a universal truth. I wouldn't be upset if you told me that people of my race are filthy pigs. I wouldn't be angry if you were to say that my mother is a disease spreading whore (of course if you said it to her, I wouldn't be so placid).

Do you know why? Do you know how a person can remain calm in the face of brutish insults? I can, because I can supply a sufficient argument  to the contrary. The reason why you're upset is because you have no logical response. See, if it was a weak, emotion-based insult, then you could simply ignore me, or perhaps you could gave me a reason why I'm wrong. The reason you're not simply sidestepping what I said, and instead resorting to anger... is because what I said wasn't an insult.

It was a perfectly logically-based observation.

Murder He Wrote

Good luck with that.

EDIT:

Let me elaborate..

Lol. Then tell me how it's not like a cancer, and I'll reply. Then you can reply to that reply, and pretty soon... we can actually have something similar to a debate, amirite?

Stop being so emotional. You're perfectly free to go ahead, ignore me, and remain in blissful ignorance. But, if you choose to keep responding to me, then try adding a little substance. Don't tell me how you feel about what I'm saying.. tell me what you think of it. Tell me what I need to add to it. Tell me what you think needs to be removed. Tell me if you have alternative views.

I would not be offended if you were to tell me that Atheism is ignorance of a universal truth. I wouldn't be upset if you told me that people of my race are filthy pigs. I wouldn't be angry if you were to say that my mother is a disease spreading whore (of course if you said it to her, I wouldn't be so placid).

Do you know why? Do you know how a person can remain calm in the face of brutish insults? I can, because I can supply a sufficient argument  to the contrary. The reason why you're upset is because you have no logical response. See, if it was a weak, emotion-based insult, then you could simply ignore me, or perhaps you could gave me a reason why I'm wrong. The reason you're not simply sidestepping what I said, and instead resorting to anger... is because what I said wasn't an insult.

It was a perfectly logically-based observation.

GFFFFFF"EEEEDDDD

It's more like a flu. It is highly contageuos, but it doesn't have much of an affect on most people. However, it has the potential to kill you, and you can kill others if you spread it.

This has to be the most messed up view of religion on this topic

I guess you mean the world 'kill' in a metaphorical sense, as statistics show people with faith generally live longer.

This has to be the most messed up view of religion on this topic

What's the right way to look at it? I see it as horrible tragedy. These people are wasting their lives and rotting their brains on filth. This wouldn't matter as much if the people didn't corrupt their children too.

I guess you mean the world 'kill' in a metaphorical sense, as statistics show people with faith generally live longer.

Of course. It's a mental ailment. They are enduring intense delusions, but of course, no one has died from it. Oh.. wait. I forgot about the Crusades and the countless other Holy Wars. Pointless bloodshed, do you agree?

The reason why Relgious groups clash so much is because it's impossible to reason with faith.

Ex:

Two scientists have an argument about how high a machine can shoot an arrow in the air. Instead of sitting around bickering, shaking their heads at each other, they can use the scientific method. They experiment and observe. The arrow shoots ten feet in the air. One scientist was right, the other was wrong. The loser cannot dispute the results. They both walk away peaceably.

Ex:

Two groups of Religion sufferers have a dispute about worshiping one of their delusions. What are their choices?

1) Tolerate each other

2) War

With such horrible fantasies as the two groups suffer... they more than often settle for the worst option.

But what if the Religious communities remain peaceful? Does it matter? I for one, would not allow a person with schizophrenia to continue suffering if I had the cure. There isn't one for schizophrenia, but there is one for this mental decay. Many can be cured with a nice dosage of logic, and perhaps a few minutes of discussion.

this is all i can say i guess why dont u think of religion was a way of living your life to better yourself and help others around you. It is a belief and their is alot of evidence that shows that god is real but the thing is i must not be that good of a christian i go to church but i dont haven enough knowledge to give you the evidence to prove it to you guys sorry. All you can do is trust me if you want but i doubt it but its a personal decision so you really have to take it into your own hands. Sorry for the shit if said before. Didnt mean to sound so mean.  ^_^

this is all i can say i guess why dont u think of religion was a way of living your life to better yourself and help others around you.

All that is possible without Religion.

It is a belief and their is alot of evidence that shows that god is real

Sorry dear, there isn't. But if you hear something, go ahead and post it.

but the thing is i must not be that good of a christian i go to church but i dont haven enough knowledge to give you the evidence to prove it to you guys sorry.

The point, dear, is that there's nothing to know. There is absolutely no evidence to base these things on. The only difference between my imaginary tomato and the idea of a God is an ancient text. This text changed through hundreds of hands, had many different authors, etc. The book has a few good moral ideas, but it also sanctions things such as rape, genocide, and contradiction.

This book was written in times before the invention of film, something that would have confirmed the story. It includes a conveniently placed addition, the idea of faith. Without this notion, the idea of a God would be laughable at the very least. The only reason I can't muster up any laughter at it now, is the fact that it corrupts so many lives.

Sorry for the shit if said before. Didnt mean to sound so mean.  ^_^

I've had nastier things said to me in this kind of debate. Just imagine me telling people they're wrong in real life. Now those people.. they were mean.

P.S.

Don't you think it's worth it to ask some questions to a high ranking Religious official? If you're going to keep on with this, you owe it to yourself to know everything.. you have nothing to lose right? You are absolutely denying everything that I'm saying. So, go, talk to a Pastor, go strengthen your faith.. Ask some of the questions I asked you. If he gives you anything more than what you've already said yourself, by all means, go ahead with it. But the chances of them having any other answers is minimal. If the Religious Community had anything else to give their followers some kind of argument, they would spread it like wild fire. They have nothing more to offer than a tired and badly used word.

Have I become infected with religion?

Am I going to die?

Is religion tearing me apart?

Is religion tearing everyone else apart in my church?

NO! - Seriously get a grip guys. It helps many more than it hinders.

I see hypno is starting to look back at history... The crusades are such a prime example of religion's negative influence on soceity, however, we must firstly remember that this was 600 years ago, and MUCH has changed.

I look at the crusades as a real step of progress in the human world. Many of the British returned with Eastern medical works, including Avicenna's translations of Galen and Hippocrates. This helped the progress of Medicine considerably.

There are two sides to a story, but I just feel that some of you won't ever even consider the other side.

Have I become infected with religion?

Am I going to die?

Is religion tearing me apart?

Is religion tearing everyone else apart in my church?

NO! - Seriously get a grip guys. It helps many more than it hinders.

I see hypno is starting to look back at history... The crusades are such a prime example of religion's negative influence on soceity, however, we must firstly remember that this was 600 years ago, and MUCH has changed.

I look at the crusades as a real step of progress in the human world. Many of the British returned with Eastern medical works, including Avicenna's translations of Galen and Hippocrates. This helped the progress of Medicine considerably.

There are two sides to a story, but I just feel that some of you won't ever even consider the other side.

Okay, the Crusades helped the World. Sure, I'll accept that.

Tell me the other side, and I'll consider it. Still, I see nothing that can be gained from Religion. It cripples your ability to see the world for what it is, gives you a false sense of morality, and puts doubt into everything that you're doing.

Is that what my God would want? Is he going to smite me? Is he going to send me to a place where I'll be eternally separated from him? What if God doesn't like the way I'm worshiping him? What if God is evil? What if he is furious at the way that gay man is acting? Perhaps he's angry at me for not punishing him. What happens to this girl I love? Will Muslims go to the Christian heaven? Is my wife going to burn in eternal hellfire? Can I do this? Can I do that?

All nonsense really. I know you haven't said anything like this, but one of my pet peeves is when Religious Sufferers try and debate. Not like you, where you're trying to debate about the existence of God (or, like you are now, about the effects), but when they talk about what God would want. It's hilarious to see these people saying something like 'oh well God doesn't want you to receive communion when you haven't confessed yet!'. Then the other one tries to debate him.

It's like, cm'on guys, you can't have a debate when your only common ground is illogical.

It's like having a moral discussion like this:

'NO, when raping a woman it's much more merciful to rape her in the anus!' 'NO, you're wrong! It hurts much more that way...'

See what I'm getting at? Rape is immoral therefore the whole moral debate is idiotic. I know you haven't said anything about this, but I wanted to ramble >_>.

flame wars.

Says the person that flew off the handle without reading my post.

If you haven't read it, look a few pages back. You flamed me for being a Nazi when I was just using an example.

flame wars.

Says the person that flew off the handle without reading my post.

If you haven't read it, look a few pages back. You flamed me for being a Nazi when I was just using an example.

Hmmm This is true, but only because i had a strong belief that you were a Nazi, and in that, needed to be set straight. :)

And i never said that I did not flame, i'm just saying this thread is a flame war starter. :)

i thought we dont get mad cuz were on the internet.