[ High Council ] Colin
don
Kruck
Polar
TBR
[ Council ] Rob

Is God real?

0_I_T0i_I_O

I think that many of you have missed the point.

After reading that whole booklet thing, I couldn't help to notice that it didn't mention anything good about religion. I also was amazed how these atheists are trying their hardest to debunk technical innacuraccies of the Bible.

In all honesty, I think that this stuff is just PATHETIC. I have said it all before, but:

1. Your belief is your own belief, and so long as it doesn't harm others, it is your personal truth!

2. Atheists should NOT try to deconvert people, as believers have made their choice, and most are able themselves, to make the decisions for themselves.

3. The Bible was not 'Dictated' by God, but was written from the divine inspiration of induviduals, which means that it is not perfect. It cannot be perfect because by Christian theology, Jesus was the only human who was perfect, and he didn't write the Bible.

2. I dont see you putting that people with religion should not convert atheists

And I could say Im a prophet, cant I?

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HyPnO

• TJ

• Nick.

• watch me tb

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that many of you have missed the point.

After reading that whole booklet thing, I couldn't help to notice that it didn't mention anything good about religion. I also was amazed how these atheists are trying their hardest to debunk technical innacuraccies of the Bible.

In all honesty, I think that this stuff is just PATHETIC. I have said it all before, but:

1. Your belief is your own belief, and so long as it doesn't harm others, it is your personal truth!

2. Atheists should NOT try to deconvert people, as believers have made their choice, and most are able themselves, to make the decisions for themselves.

3. The Bible was not 'Dictated' by God, but was written from the divine inspiration of induviduals, which means that it is not perfect. It cannot be perfect because by Christian theology, Jesus was the only human who was perfect, and he didn't write the Bible.

If jesus was perfect he would have been 100 feet tall and shot lazer beams from his eyes.

1. It is said in the Bible, to proclaim the word of God, and because of this, there are millions of Born-again Christians. Most religious people will try to convert people, as they feel that they are secure enough in their beliefs, that they can try to influence other people with them.

Religion is not designed to strip somebody's life apart. Religion has played a very important part in the history, but what has Atheism done? Atheists have come up with reasoning, to apparently make religion 'Corrupt' and 'wrong.' Sometimes, I wonder, how many Atheists, totally firm in their beliefs, have ever understood church, and the whole concept of religion. In all honesty, Atheism is an arragont thing to be.

As a Christian, I stronly believe in God, but if I were to die, and there wasn't a God, WHAT A SHAME... I would have tried to live my life to the full, being a good person throughout, and trying to serve my community. But Atheists simply rule out anything that their minds cannot comprehend. I have much respect for Agnostics, as they may very much doubt there is a God, but still have the decency to admit that they're not omnipotent like a Atheist...

Your second statement makes no sense. If people claimed you were a messiah, nobody would believe you, cus you aint thatt perfect :P

1. It is said in the Bible, to proclaim the word of God, and because of this, there are millions of Born-again Christians. Most religious people will try to convert people, as they feel that they are secure enough in their beliefs, that they can try to influence other people with them.

Religion is not designed to strip somebody's life apart. Religion has played a very important part in the history, but what has Atheism done? Atheists have come up with reasoning, to apparently make religion 'Corrupt' and 'wrong.' Sometimes, I wonder, how many Atheists, totally firm in their beliefs, have ever understood church, and the whole concept of religion. In all honesty, Atheism is an arragont thing to be.

As a Christian, I stronly believe in God, but if I were to die, and there wasn't a God, WHAT A SHAME... I would have tried to live my life to the full, being a good person throughout, and trying to serve my community. But Atheists simply rule out anything that their minds cannot comprehend. I have much respect for Agnostics, as they may very much doubt there is a God, but still have the decency to admit that they're not omnipotent like a Atheist...

Your second statement makes no sense. If people claimed you were a messiah, nobody would believe you, cus you aint thatt perfect :P

I am secure enough in my beliefs as an Atheist so as you said since I am secure enough in my beliefs I can then deconvert people.

Religion has stripped many peoples lives apart separating people from their countries and causing a extreme amount of deaths, religion has caused many large empires in history to fall because of divided religion beliefs.

Explain what religion has done, religion has caused people to believe one person who says he is a prophet, it has caused wars and deaths, it has caused families to separate, it has caused people to use precious time for praying when their is no proof of anyone on the other side.

Atheism isnt designed to corrupt religion, we have our own beliefs and we want to keep them; they may be opposite of yours but they are our firm beliefs and you are trying to corrupt them.

How does it make no sense? Anyone can say they are a prophet and if people believe me then I am a prophet. I don't see how people believed the prophets in religion today, if someone like Albert Einstein said he was a prophet then I might believe him because he understood physics and the universe better than any individual.

If Jesus was perfect he wouldnt be a human, he would be a robot that has precision which isnt even perfect.

Kofte, we have just entered the stale zone, where we could argue all day.

I don't want to write a whole essay, but would just like to say one point.

You say how religion has been the fall of empires, and start of wars. This is true, but what History does not really tell you about, is the many advances it actually made.

For example, had it not been for the Muslims in 900AD, we would NEVER have had such a broad understanding of Medicine and Public health. Many Muslims felt it to be their Godly duty to care for others in Hospital, and gain better understandings of Public Health.

If it weren't for the Monks of the Middle Ages, we would not have modern music, as monks were the first to design the convential noting system.

Finally, you can NEVER say that religion can be summed up by it's history, as every tiny moment in the past, is greatly significant to our future.

Look as much as i disagree with religion it is important. It was the beginning of moral values. If there never was a "god" figure to the people of the world to give a basis for the morals of people everyone would have killed each other by now.

Also, religion gives people a feeling of security. A wonderful place after death sure sounds a hell of a lot better then non-existence. Let it go.

People should think what they want and who really cares. Why try and disprove each other. It's just going to be a stalemate in the end. Let's go cure cancer or AIDS or something instead of arguing over this dumb bullshit.

No.

all religions were created by clewer people to answer the stupid peoples questions, to give them a reason to do whatever the clewer people wanted them to do. now people just believe in em because thats how they were raised (ofc theres alot of exceptions)

bout 1/3 of all people has no religion

then theres most of the rest who are catholics, protestants, all christians really, then theres muslims, all thise are from the same book, just re-written to fit their own culture etc.

then theres alot of minor religons, and some religions made up to make money, sum just to be a part of something etc.

all of it is bullshit as i see it.

especially if you looke at the bibel and the koran (the muslims book)

made out of the same book, all same storys etc muslims just doesnt believe that jesus was gods son, but just a prophet.

Your awful grammar and spelling lost you all of your credibility.

Unquestionably there HAS to be a higher power, how can we be so complex, have a conscience, feelings, and emotions? How can you tell me that natural forces with no higher being to put them into play created this universe and all of its complexeties. Saying that the universe was formed by natural causes or the "big bang" without any help from a higher being is like saying that a cake can bake itself without anyone doing it.

If we actually look at religion and science they do not have to contradict, the "big bang" theory is not an athiest belief. Why could God not form the universe by way of the big bang? Why could God not create species and life through natural selection? All in all there has to be some form of a higher power, which religion you believe in is your choice, I myself am a Christian. But saying there is no higher power/God is absolute insanity and ignorance.

Also to whoever said there is no higher power but also thinks that we are somehow re incarted and have multiple lives as different life forms is the dumbest person on these forums.

outta the 5-7 langauges i speak/understand. english is not my best. sorry about that. moron.

and just because you don't understand it/can explain it. doesnt mean there is a god.

No.

all religions were created by clewer people to answer the stupid peoples questions, to give them a reason to do whatever the clewer people wanted them to do. now people just believe in em because thats how they were raised (ofc theres alot of exceptions)

bout 1/3 of all people has no religion

then theres most of the rest who are catholics, protestants, all christians really, then theres muslims, all thise are from the same book, just re-written to fit their own culture etc.

then theres alot of minor religons, and some religions made up to make money, sum just to be a part of something etc.

all of it is bullshit as i see it.

especially if you looke at the bibel and the koran (the muslims book)

made out of the same book, all same storys etc muslims just doesnt believe that jesus was gods son, but just a prophet.

Your awful grammar and spelling lost you all of your credibility.

Unquestionably there HAS to be a higher power, how can we be so complex, have a conscience, feelings, and emotions? How can you tell me that natural forces with no higher being to put them into play created this universe and all of its complexeties. Saying that the universe was formed by natural causes or the "big bang" without any help from a higher being is like saying that a cake can bake itself without anyone doing it.

If we actually look at religion and science they do not have to contradict, the "big bang" theory is not an athiest belief. Why could God not form the universe by way of the big bang? Why could God not create species and life through natural selection? All in all there has to be some form of a higher power, which religion you believe in is your choice, I myself am a Christian. But saying there is no higher power/God is absolute insanity and ignorance.

Also to whoever said there is no higher power but also thinks that we are somehow re incarted and have multiple lives as different life forms is the dumbest person on these forums.

outta the 5-7 langauges i speak/understand. english is not my best. sorry about that. moron.

and just because you don't understand it/can explain it. doesnt mean there is a god.

You are both right ( bolded parts ).

I think both to be honest, I do think there is something higher because how can we be created in such complex way.

But on the other side, that doesn't mean there is a god or w/e.

Could mean we were dropped here by Aliens long long long time ago to populate this world.

That's gonna be my theory  :shifty:.

If English is not your best language I'm guessing your really good at other ones :p.

There seems to be a few subplots going on here, I'm jumping in late but here's my two cents.

Absolutely not. I'm surprised religion still has the influence that it does on humanity. Religion was created by man to explain the unexplainable before we had the technology to truly understand things. I don't like to classify beliefs, so I avoid using the term atheist. I like to simply state that I don't believe in anything supernatural.

Also, religion gives people a feeling of security. A wonderful place after death sure sounds a hell of a lot better then non-existence. Let it go.

True I let people believe what they want to believe, but this is a debate forum; but Im done if you believe in a higher force be my guest, if you don't be my guest.

There seems to be a few subplots going on here, I'm jumping in late but here's my two cents.

Absolutely not. I'm surprised religion still has the influence that it does on humanity. Religion was created by man to explain the unexplainable before we had the technology to truly understand things. I don't like to classify beliefs, so I avoid using the term atheist. I like to simply state that I don't believe in anything supernatural.

Well I see what your saying, but the Bible has not yet been disproved by science (if you're not taking the creation story literally.) It talked how the earth was round, before people ad discovered it, and also tells the exact constelations of some stars, against the opinion of the time.

I would like to see a verse from the Bible (other than creation) which CAN be disproved

Well I see what your saying, but the Bible has not yet been disproved by science (if you're not taking the creation story literally.) It talked how the earth was round, before people ad discovered it, and also tells the exact constelations of some stars, against the opinion of the time.

I would like to see a verse from the Bible (other than creation) which CAN be disproved

The burden of proof lies upon those who claim the bible is the truth. If I worshipped a magical tree you couldn't prove that it wasn't magical, but that doesn't mean it is real. It seems that you have a fundamental misunderstanding of the scientific method. As I recall, the church executed people who claimed that the earth wasn't the center of the universe. You can't attribute any discoveries to the bible, it is completely ambiguous. Ironic considering you'd think that the word of god would be very clear. I would like to see any aspect of the bible that CAN be proven (besides basic historic facts of the time).

The burden of proof lies upon those who claim the bible is the truth. If I worshipped a magical tree you couldn't prove that it wasn't magical, but that doesn't mean it is real. It seems that you have a fundamental misunderstanding of the scientific method. As I recall, the church executed people who claimed that the earth wasn't the center of the universe. You can't attribute any discoveries to the bible, it is completely ambiguous. Ironic considering you'd think that the word of god would be very clear. I would like to see any aspect of the bible that CAN be proven (besides basic historic facts of the time).

It is totally true that the church has made many mistakes, and all christians should accept that. In what I said earlier, I never stated that the Bible discovered these things, but the fact that they are still not disproved.

I could tell you something which can be conventionally proven, which is that the book of Isiah, which talks all about the life of Jesus before he was born, was actually written before the time of Jesus. After the dead sea scrolls were carbon dated many times, archaelogists discovered that the scrolls were written around 150BC, 150 years before Jesus.

I know there are always opposite arguments to these stories, so I am going to stop playing the Devil's advocate, and let others throw in more 'down to earth' opinions :)

The bible has no prophetic notions. Its contents reflect the basic knowledge of that time, because it was written by humans. In order for your example to be true, it would have to be proven that jesus was real, and indeed the son of god. Obviously this is not, and never will be proven. If you are going to choose to be religious, fine, but you should stick to the concept of faith. When you get into factual debates, you will never win.

• 2 weeks later...

I have faith and believe in my god. How is it that we have souls? emotions? feelings? Dreams? Thoughts? idk there's something about it that just makes it seem like we have one. Whenever i go to church, i have a good feeling inside of me, it just makes me happy.

where exactly is your soul located?
Chris|Chipsofcwis

The bible has no prophetic notions. Its contents reflect the basic knowledge of that time, because it was written by humans. In order for your example to be true, it would have to be proven that jesus was real, and indeed the son of god. Obviously this is not, and never will be proven. If you are going to choose to be religious, fine, but you should stick to the concept of faith. When you get into factual debates, you will never win.

I believe in God, but like he said, there's no physical, conclusive proof to any theory of the origin of the Earth. It's your faith-based opinion.

where exactly is your soul located?

I don't think the soul is actually thought of as a physical part, but merely a concept.

It's the same kind of idea with the holy spirit and stuff.

Anyway, I'm throwin' in with Jesus

Imo for me, its simple, yes.  We have feelings, emotions, thoughts, dreams, and how did the universe start?  Sure the big bang, but how did that start?  Just some random time something exploded and the universe was created?  Idk, but i think there has to be some supernatural being running stuff, and thats my belief.