[ High Council ] Colin
don
Kruck
Polar
TBR
[ Council ] Rob

Is God real?

0_I_T0i_I_O

people that are athiest want proof. but even if the proof was staring them in the face they would still deny it. they dont want there to be a god or higher power. they want strait forward physical proof, thats not the way this works. you NEED to have faith in order to see what we are talking about, miracles, ect. if you dont have faith, and never will untill you have the proof that YOU want then you will never see what we see. 

just for the record, people debating with me, im not fighting with you, or saying your wrong in any way. dont let what i say here judge what you or anyone else thinks of me. thanks.

Of course we want proof lol, why would you believe anything without proof. This is your reasoning, lets say a sneaky dangerous murderer who clears up his track of a murder he committed is convicted of a murder; since you dont need physical proof to believe something (as you said earlier because your faith believes he is innocent) he is innocent and on the streets ready to murder someone. So my point is you need PHYSICAL proof to believe that a higher believing is real, or it makes no sense to believe.

Im not flaming anyone Im just saying my point in the argument.

(BTW hypno is on fireeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee lol)

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HyPnO

• TJ

• Nick.

• watch me tb

Top Posters In This Topic

people that are athiest want proof. but even if the proof was staring them in the face they would still deny it. they dont want there to be a god or higher power. they want strait forward physical proof, thats not the way this works. you NEED to have faith in order to see what we are talking about, miracles, ect. if you dont have faith, and never will untill you have the proof that YOU want then you will never see what we see. 

just for the record, people debating with me, im not fighting with you, or saying your wrong in any way. dont let what i say here judge what you or anyone else thinks of me. thanks.

Of course we want proof lol, why would you believe anything without proof. This is your reasoning, lets say a sneaky dangerous murderer who clears up his track of a murder he committed is convicted of a murder; since you dont need physical proof to believe something (as you said earlier because your faith believes he is innocent) he is innocent and on the streets ready to murder someone. So my point is you need PHYSICAL proof to believe that a higher believing is real, or it makes no sense to believe.

umm what...? how does my faith believe he is innocent? if there is actual proof of him doing it, he is guilty.. idk where u were going with that, it really made no sence to me. i said........ you want proof, and the proof that there is isnt good enough. it will NEVER be good enough.

people that are athiest want proof. but even if the proof was staring them in the face they would still deny it.

I doubt that. I think I'm a mildly reasonable person.

they dont want there to be a god or higher power. they want strait forward physical proof, thats not the way this works.

Why isn't that the way it works? Why is it that things must be cloaked in mystery? Why would your God make it so that basic logic (which by your faith, he gave) directly conflicts with faith?

you NEED to have faith in order to see what we are talking about, miracles, ect. if you dont have faith, and never will untill you have the proof that YOU want then you will never see what we see.

Can you at least admit that there might be no God? Of course it would be better to go ahead and say there probably isn't one, but let's start with that. I admit there may be a God, just as there might be a teapot orbiting the Sun.

So, if you can admit that there is the smallest possibility that there isn't a God... let's discuss Faith. Can you not see that Faith is a great way to convince people to see things that aren't there? Faith, by definition, means belief without proof. Could that small part of you that admits there might not be a God, see that there's a chance that Faith is a word used to confuse and give doubt? I mean, faith is one of those words that people let slide with Religion, but with other things, they simply deny.

If I came up to you and said, I have faith that I'll be able to turn water into wine, you would say I'm crazy. You would say that it was impossible. You would say that faith doesn't cut the mustard. So why, then, do you and the Religious community try and use faith as a response?

i can see exactly why you think there is no god. i understand it completely. of course im not going to say that there is any chance that there is no god, i would be going against everything that i said if i said that. I truly think that if you have faith in the right things that stuff will start to look different to you. it most likely will not be the biggest things, but stuff will be different. Stuff happenes every day that people just take for granted. its really hard to explain, and im definately not the best one to try to be doing it.

and its not "my god"  i have no set religion really. if you look hard enough, stuff wont be cloaked in mystery. i know that sounds really stupid, but its true. looking hard may not even meen looking with your eyes.. theres a story in the bible about how jesus healed a blind guy. "i was once blind but now i see" or something along those lines. that didnt mean that he was physically blind, or couldnt see with his eyes, it ment that he was blind to christ and god, and jesus opened his eyes to god.  i know your going to take it all like im talking nonesence, but what ever.

Of course it's nonsense, but it's nonsense that I can understand. I understand the feeling. It's the feeling of seeing beauty in everything. It's the beauty of feeling so comfortable and secure in something. It's the feeling of being absolutely protected. It's the thing that Religion preys on. No matter what you do, no matter what happens to you, you have this safeguard. You feel special. You feel special because something bigger than yourself is taking the time to watch out for you. I understand more than you think.

But still, lies are lies, no matter how sweet the lies are to the senses. If you have no set Religion, there's nothing holding you back from weighing the odds. There's nothing wrong with admitting on one level or another that God might not exist. And even if you are, let's say, Catholic, it really shouldn't bother you. You can see how convincing it was to people in the Middle Ages.

Believe, or BURN IN A LAKE OF FIRE FOREVER!!!!!!!!

It's just surprising that it's still a big fear now. Hell is imaginary. Hell is a conveniently placed addition to place fear and doubt into people. But still, since you said you have no set Religion, the idea of a hell shouldn't bother you, right?

Okay, so why else might you not want to admit that God might not exist? Is it a fear of being unloyal to him? No, it's that feeling you were talking about. Well, you're talking to a person who has stepped through both sides. I have went from a God fearing person, to a total non-believer, and I have got to tell you, the feeling goes away, but something burns brighter.

This feeling is better than the first. It's the feeling of truth. It's the feeling of appreciating how beautiful everything is, without the smokescreen of Religion obscuring it. Not much changes. It doesn't hurt. It doesn't sting. It's more eye-opening than anything Religion has to offer.

I don't think you will not change your views, but it's always going to be an option for you. now. You may want to think about it some more, or put it in back of your mind for another time, or perhaps never. It's up to you.

umm what...? how does my faith believe he is innocent? if there is actual proof of him doing it, he is guilty.. idk where u were going with that, it really made no sence to me. i said........ you want proof, and the proof that there is isnt good enough. it will NEVER be good enough.

Im saying if there is no proof no way to believe, and why cant it be good enough?

people that are athiest want proof. but even if the proof was staring them in the face they would still deny it.

I doubt that. I think I'm a mildly reasonable person.

they dont want there to be a god or higher power. they want strait forward physical proof, thats not the way this works.

Why isn't that the way it works? Why is it that things must be cloaked in mystery? Why would your God make it so that basic logic (which by your faith, he gave) directly conflicts with faith?

you NEED to have faith in order to see what we are talking about, miracles, ect. if you dont have faith, and never will untill you have the proof that YOU want then you will never see what we see.

Can you at least admit that there might be no God? Of course it would be better to go ahead and say there probably isn't one, but let's start with that. I admit there may be a God, just as there might be a teapot orbiting the Sun.

So, if you can admit that there is the smallest possibility that there isn't a God... let's discuss Faith. Can you not see that Faith is a great way to convince people to see things that aren't there? Faith, by definition, means belief without proof. Could that small part of you that admits there might not be a God, see that there's a chance that Faith is a word used to confuse and give doubt? I mean, faith is one of those words that people let slide with Religion, but with other things, they simply deny.

If I came up to you and said, I have faith that I'll be able to turn water into wine, you would say I'm crazy. You would say that it was impossible. You would say that faith doesn't cut the mustard. So why, then, do you and the Religious community try and use faith as a response?

i can see exactly why you think there is no god. i understand it completely. of course im not going to say that there is any chance that there is no god, i would be going against everything that i said if i said that. I truly think that if you have faith in the right things that stuff will start to look different to you. it most likely will not be the biggest things, but stuff will be different. Stuff happenes every day that people just take for granted. its really hard to explain, and im definately not the best one to try to be doing it.

and its not "my god"  i have no set religion really. if you look hard enough, stuff wont be cloaked in mystery. i know that sounds really stupid, but its true. looking hard may not even meen looking with your eyes.. theres a story in the bible about how jesus healed a blind guy. "i was once blind but now i see" or something along those lines. that didnt mean that he was physically blind, or couldnt see with his eyes, it ment that he was blind to christ and god, and jesus opened his eyes to god.  i know your going to take it all like im talking nonesence, but what ever.

Of course it's nonsense, but it's nonsense that I can understand. I understand the feeling. It's the feeling of seeing beauty in everything. It's the beauty of feeling so comfortable and secure in something. It's the feeling of being absolutely protected. It's the thing that Religion preys on. No matter what you do, no matter what happens to you, you have this safeguard. You feel special. You feel special because something bigger than yourself is taking the time to watch out for you. I understand more than you think.

But still, lies are lies, no matter how sweet the lies are to the senses. If you have no set Religion, there's nothing holding you back from weighing the odds. There's nothing wrong with admitting on one level or another that God might not exist. And even if you are, let's say, Catholic, it really shouldn't bother you. You can see how convincing it was to people in the Middle Ages.

Believe, or BURN IN A LAKE OF FIRE FOREVER!!!!!!!!

It's just surprising that it's still a big fear now. Hell is imaginary. Hell is a conveniently placed addition to place fear and doubt into people. But still, since you said you have no set Religion, the idea of a hell shouldn't bother you, right?

Okay, so why else might you not want to admit that God might not exist? Is it a fear of being unloyal to him? No, it's that feeling you were talking about. Well, you're talking to a person who has stepped through both sides. I have went from a God fearing person, to a total non-believer, and I have got to tell you, the feeling goes away, but something burns brighter.

This feeling is better than the first. It's the feeling of truth. It's the feeling of appreciating how beautiful everything is, without the smokescreen of Religion obscuring it. Not much changes. It doesn't hurt. It doesn't sting. It's more eye-opening than anything Religion has to offer.

I don't think (as you think I wouldn't understand), you will not change your views, but it's always going to be an option for you. now. You may want to think about it some more, or put it in back of your mind for another time, or perhaps never. It's up to you.

you know hypno, i think we believe more less the same thing. i dont really believe in any religion, but i do believe in god. i dont know if that makes any sence.. there is a difference though. i dont just follow someone blindly and say that everything that they say is right.

Get in there Mike! Together you and Hypno could take on the whole forum I bet!

As for me I believe in the tomato in hypno's left shoe, blue balloons that are actually red, a flying spaghetti monster, and all the zeitgeist conspiracies. Man I'm a loon.

I hope I'm not coming off as a pompous Atheist, because I'm really trying not to.

Im saying if there is no proof no way to believe, and why cant it be good enough?

be good enough for you....

Kyle|Lol The PK

As for me I believe in the tomato in hypno's left shoe, blue balloons that are actually red, a flying spaghetti monster, and all the zeitgeist conspiracies. Man I'm a loon.

I hope I'm not coming off as a pompous Atheist, because I'm really trying not to.

I love it when they pull that card too. :D

I love it when they pull that card too. :D

Can you actually tell me what your problem is? If you don't have one, would you like to join in on the debate?

Murder He Wrote

Watch me tbb, the "religion" you are is called, Agnostic, it's the belief of not having a religion, but still believing a higher power exists....

more or less

Watch me tbb, the "religion" you are is called, Agnostic, it's the belief of not having a religion, but still believing a higher power exists....

more or less

yes i know, i dont really consider it a religion... i dont believe in any realigion, and i dont see myself as apart of it.

I've always grown up with the mindset to believe in what you can prove - I've never been proven that there is a god, or that we could ever discover if there is one.

No.

all religions were created by clewer people to answer the stupid peoples questions, to give them a reason to do whatever the clewer people wanted them to do. now people just believe in em because thats how they were raised (ofc theres alot of exceptions)

bout 1/3 of all people has no religion

then theres most of the rest who are catholics, protestants, all christians really, then theres muslims, all thise are from the same book, just re-written to fit their own culture etc.

then theres alot of minor religons, and some religions made up to make money, sum just to be a part of something etc.

all of it is bullshit as i see it.

especially if you looke at the bibel and the koran (the muslims book)

made out of the same book, all same storys etc muslims just doesnt believe that jesus was gods son, but just a prophet.

+1

No.

all religions were created by clewer people to answer the stupid peoples questions, to give them a reason to do whatever the clewer people wanted them to do. now people just believe in em because thats how they were raised (ofc theres alot of exceptions)

bout 1/3 of all people has no religion

then theres most of the rest who are catholics, protestants, all christians really, then theres muslims, all thise are from the same book, just re-written to fit their own culture etc.

then theres alot of minor religons, and some religions made up to make money, sum just to be a part of something etc.

all of it is bullshit as i see it.

especially if you looke at the bibel and the koran (the muslims book)

made out of the same book, all same storys etc muslims just doesnt believe that jesus was gods son, but just a prophet.

+1

i dont know about the muslims, but i know that jews dont think jesus was the son of God, but he is still recognized as a person of God.

why do u think this is a game their is no winner it is about a religion such a little kid haha its funny

You have nothing more to say in this debate. Therefore there is not need for you to post. And yes, you don't have to repeat yourself. You prefer to view me as a child. It makes you feel better. It's easier to write me off.

You've said everything that Christianity has to offer to the discussion, you can leave.

Dude I really dont say it to make me feel better. Im really sorry if i offended you but thanks for the debate even though it didnt change your mind its ok  :wub:

It's alright. You may have not changed my mind, but just think of who's left. There's millions of five year olds with fresh minds to corrupt. Just become a person with some sort of authority, and they'll bend to your will. Preferably, become a parent.

Good luck with that.

Bro why u gotta say shit like that what is the point of posting that you know it would make me mad just cuz you dont believe doesnt me u can start talkin shit about other ppls religion serioulsy dude man up.

Are you capable of forming your own argument, or are you going to continue hiding behind sarcasm?

Hypno has said just about everything, not much for me to add.

why do u think this is a game their is no winner it is about a religion such a little kid haha its funny

You have nothing more to say in this debate. Therefore there is not need for you to post. And yes, you don't have to repeat yourself. You prefer to view me as a child. It makes you feel better. It's easier to write me off.

You've said everything that Christianity has to offer to the discussion, you can leave.

Dude I really dont say it to make me feel better. Im really sorry if i offended you but thanks for the debate even though it didnt change your mind its ok  :wub:

It's alright. You may have not changed my mind, but just think of who's left. There's millions of five year olds with fresh minds to corrupt. Just become a person with some sort of authority, and they'll bend to your will. Preferably, become a parent.

Good luck with that.

Bro why u gotta say shit like that what is the point of posting that you know it would make me mad just cuz you dont believe doesnt me u can start talkin shit about other ppls religion serioulsy dude man up.

I'm not trying to make you mad. Religion is a cancer.

EDIT:

Let me elaborate..

If you spend your life with the idea that logic and reason are optional things, what can you base things on? How can you be expected to solve basic problems? How can Society go anywhere if you allow such nonsense pass by unchecked?

Dude I really dont say it to make me feel better. Im really sorry if i offended you but thanks for the debate even though it didnt change your mind its ok  :wub:

Good luck with that.

I'm not trying to make you mad. Religion is a cancer.

EDIT:

Let me elaborate..

If you spend your life with the idea that logic and reason are optional things, what can you base things on? How can you be expected to solve basic problems? How can Society go anywhere if you allow such nonsense pass by unchecked?

lol, im thinkin that it doesn go for everything =p

idk, im sick of this topic now...

try n spice things up a bit.

YESSSSSS.

Good man, good man..

Anyways, I know you're bored of this thread, but I'll answer your previous post. You think it doesn't apply to everything? On another thread you asked how it's possible to deny that the Holocaust happened. Well why not? In a world where logic and reason take a back seat to blind emotion, that could be perfectly true. Perhaps the Jews fooled the entire world. Perhaps it was an elaborate hoax. All evidence to the contrary is fake.

How are you going to prove me wrong? With evidence?

No... you can't say that. I believe that the Jews are evil... I feel it in my bones... My Daddy told me so... Mmm, apples...

:huh:

YESSSSSS.

Good man, good man..

Anyways, I know you're bored of this thread, but I'll answer your previous post. You think it doesn't apply to everything? On another thread you asked how it's possible to deny that the Holocaust happened. Well why not? In a world where logic and reason take a back seat to blind emotion, that could be perfectly true. Perhaps the Jews fooled the entire world. Perhaps it was an elaborate hoax. All evidence to the contrary is fake.

No... you can't say that. .. I feel it in my bones... My Daddy told me so... Mmm, apples...

"I believe that the Jews are evil."  "you asked how it's possible to deny that the Holocaust happened. Well why not?"

GTFO the fourms with that shit you ignorant son of a bitch. I hope you get gassed, live, then starve for 1 week, then finally sloooowly burn to death in a large kiln. Then once you get to hell, you get shoved up Hilter's ass hole right after he had a 5 pound bean burrito... and you have your mouth open. :)

Have a TERRIBLE TERRIBLE day.

YESSSSSS.

Good man, good man..

No... you can't say that. .. I feel it in my bones... My Daddy told me so... Mmm, apples...

"I believe that the Jews are evil."  "you asked how it's possible to deny that the Holocaust happened. Well why not?"

GTFO the fourms with that shit you ignorant son of a bitch. I hope you get gassed, live, then starve for 1 week, then finally sloooowly burn to death in a large kiln. Then once you get to hell, you get shoved up Hilter's ass hole right after he had a 5 pound bean burrito... and you have your mouth open. :)

Have a TERRIBLE TERRIBLE day.

Im not gonna put a facepalm pic in here. GOd dammit kid ur an idiot

YESSSSSS.

Good man, good man..

No... you can't say that. I believe that the Jews are evil... I feel it in my bones... My Daddy told me so... Mmm, apples...

i guess i dont fully understand what you are saying. you dont believe the holocaust really happened?