• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HyPnO

• TJ

• Nick.

• watch me tb

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate religion... such a waste of time tbh imo.

Theres no way to prove a religion correct... Wanna know why?

THEY ARE NOT REAL  :lol:

Imo for me, its simple, yes.  We have feelings, emotions, thoughts, dreams, and how did the universe start?  Sure the big bang, but how did that start?  Just some random time something exploded and the universe was created?  Idk, but i think there has to be some supernatural being running stuff, and thats my belief.

I fail to see how a supernatural being explains these things. For one, feelings, thoughts, and emotions are not beyond the physical realm. There are chemicals in your body that trigger emotions. Thoughts are electrical firings of nerves in your brain. These things combined create our consciousness, which is often misconstrued to be something divine. You just stated that you can't explain how the universe began. This is true, but how does claiming a being created it solve the mystery? This is why man invented religion, to deal with things that could not be explained. However, as our knowledge of science progresses, religion continually becomes obsolete.

There is no proof that god exists, not for love either?

I see god more as a feeling peoples have as we all have with love.

Some peoples have such shit in their brains, I nor respect or hate it.

watch me tb

im catholic and all, but i dont believe any religion is 100% true. i think that every religion is based on the same thing but branched off from there. i dont have a problem with any other religions, but i think atheism is just an excuse for people to be too lazy to have a real opinion. obviously there is something out there, what it is noone will know till we die. but to be atheist is just ignorant.

but to be atheist is just ignorant.

We have beliefs. We believe that we were made via evolution, a process that is backed up by proof, not a bunch of constellations, and theories that are backed up by nothing.

I'm fine with letting others have their faith, but don't call Atheists 'Ignorant', you'll just look like a bellend.

Please tell me what makes it so obvious that god exists. Maybe I'm just incapable of understanding, afterall, I'm an ignorant atheist.

watch me tb

athiests want attention i believe, that is not a beliefe.. maybe you arent ignorant. maybe you want physical proof? well, i have no answers for that. i believe in God because if we dont whats the point of everything?

I accept people into Atheism in society, because after all, like homosexual people, they are in the end people themselves.

I just find it completely obnoxious how atheists will bash me for my belief in a higher force, and try to change what I believe in by continually bashing it and making completely derogatory comments regarding the religion itself. I'm a Roman Catholic, but I'm no church-goer, believe me. I believe in a plan, I believe in an afterlife, and I believe in a God. It may not make absolutely any scientific sense whatsoever to most people, but I myself as a person believe in it.

The bible has no prophetic notions. Its contents reflect the basic knowledge of that time, because it was written by humans. In order for your example to be true, it would have to be proven that jesus was real, and indeed the son of god. Obviously this is not, and never will be proven. If you are going to choose to be religious, fine, but you should stick to the concept of faith. When you get into factual debates, you will never win.

Wow. the only post that could end this discussion.

Nicely put.

I feel that religion was created to have something to belive in (weather it would be right or wrong) in order to have something to live for. If you give a person religion then they have something in the back of their mind constantly pinging their brain whenever they make a choice and it helps them to do what is morally right. This constant pinging in their bring gives them comfort and justifies them doing right from wrong, or wrong from right. Since we don't want to loose this comfort we acknowledge that doing right is easily the best choice because it keeps us in our comfort level and thats why we continue to belive in religion.

I feel that religion was created to have something to belive in (weather it would be right or wrong) in order to have something to live for. If you give a person religion then they have something in the back of their mind constantly pinging their brain whenever they make a choice and it helps them to do what is morally right. This constant pinging in their bring gives them comfort and justifies them doing right from wrong, or wrong from right. Since we don't want to loose this comfort we acknowledge that doing right is easily the best choice because it keeps us in our comfort level and thats why we continue to belive in religion.

That makes a lot of sence, it's like early laws. Yeah man, it could be very likely that it was used to controll whole world population.

My friend was healed at a christian healing meeting I went to, along with many others. Most of these healings were confirmed by a doctor.

I believe, and even if I get 5 pages of abuse from skeptics, I don't mind.