TBR
[ Council ] Rob

SICK GYM TIMES WITH TRISTAN

Tris

17/02/2014

Push day - Weight is in kilograms.

In order of appearance.

Upper body mobility warm up.

Flat Dumbbell Bench - Warm up -> 35x10 -> 37.5x8 -> 37.5x7-> 40x5  (getting back up there, was at 40x10 at one point)

Incline Barbell Bench - 60x10 -> 60x9 -> 60x8 -> 60x6 

Military Press - 45x8 -> 45x6 -> 45x5 ( Weak as fuck, clavicle-trap area feels a bit off :( )

Flyes - 12.5x10-12x3

Lateral DB raises super setted with front raises - 8x8-12x3 

Push ups to failure x 3

Was an average workout imo.

Will log pull day tomorrow. 

When I'm doing cardio/cutting or abs I might be there for 80-90 minutes, rarely two hours though.  I feel I get everything done and dusted well enough in 45-60 minutes.  Pull day in about an hour. Will log.

18/02/2014

Pull day - Weight is in kilograms.

In order of appearance.

Mobility/stretching

Supinated dead lifts ( for scapula issues and to force thoracic extension) - Warm up -> 120x5 -> 120x5 -120x5 -> 120x5 -> 120x5

Supinated  barbell rows - 60x6 -> 60x5 -> 60x5 -> 60x4 -> 60x4

Supinated = both hands under. http://www.lift.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Screen-Shot-2013-08-28-at-3.15.34-PM.png

Lat pull downs -> 73x8-12x3

Seated row -> 63x8-12-x3 (keep elbows in going back and form strict)

DB upright row -> 15x8-12-x3 (slow and strict)

Barbell curls - 21s - 3 sets of 15 kilograms, slow negatives.

Pullups to failure - 3 sets, was shit - 8-6-5 (great way to end though)

32 celcius outside after workout, sweating my balls off.

looking good mate, do you prefer the supinated barbell row? i always have done, feels a lot more natural to me, same goes for barbell shrugs actually. and is that 8 reps of wide-grip pullups at the end of your back/bi workout? albeit a fairly low volume day but that's more than i can usually do haha!

yeah design a decent PPL routine, its the optimal routine imo for users that arn't heavily enhanced (i also use it mostly despite being on AAS)

i bench 200g bro at 19 wtf lol

nice mate that's about 2 bananas, soon you'll be able to bench a mango.

Yeah I do it at the end of the routine mate. Feels great going to fatigue and having a massive pump.  I do the same on chest day by doing push ups and on leg day I do leg press till fatigue.

Much prefer supinated barbell rows and as of now I prefer supinated deads too since my scapula are a bit shit ever since neck all deal.

I've been hitting my 2800 odd calories every day for a month now, surplus of about 250, finding it easy on a staple diet of eggs, oats and protein powder haha. Hoping to land at maybe 14% bodyfat max with this bulk going for at least 6 months.  Probably sitting at around 12.5% atm.

PPL is great, going to look at using Ogus's routine since it's 5 times a week, problem is I like going 6 but 2 rest days could be beneficial to a natty cunt like me.

why barbell for incline but DB for flat? Personally preference or it helps more?

+ your food diet, is it an actual diet regime your on? or are you just eating any amount eggs, oats and protein powder etc and then just counting the cals out afterwards and making changes as you go towards 2.8k?

Edited by DeltaPapa

I don't really have a preference Delta. Whatever's available in the gym is usually what I'll head towards.   Barbell makes more sense for 5x5 or strength routines since generally one can lift more with a barbell.  That being said though, Dumbbells are good for working one's stabilizing muscles and surrounding structures due to the loading and positioning.   I try incorporate both dumbbells and barbells week in and out into push/pull.

As for diet I don't follow a specific regime.  I track my macros/calories on myfitnesspal daily.  Takes around 5 minutes.

Example: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/Vanados?date=2014-02-20

I'm not very fussy about going over a certain macro nutrient by a small-moderate amount.  As long as I'm somewhat at a range of +50-50 with my overall calories I find it sufficient.   One thing I could definitely use more of is veg. No excuses, I just cbf spending money on it lol.

Fancy linking the ogus push/pull routine. Going to start gyming again however can't find it anywhere. Can find customizations of it, but not the strength/hypertrophy version

edit: nvm, looks pretty intense etc. Doesnt seem to be good for  someone starting again lol

Juast going to use a standard routine.

Edited by DeltaPapa

Yeah the Ogus push/pull routine is a step up for me too.  

I'd recommend a starting 5x5 routine if you were going to start lifting again.  That or a starting push/pull/legs.

Going to be be trying a different power/hypertrophy routine. 

Day 1 - Upper power

Day 2- Lower power

Day 3 - Rest

Day 4 - Chest/shoulders/triceps hypertrophy

Day 5- Back/Biceps hypertrophy

Day 6 - Lower hypertrophy. 

Day 7 - Rest.

Run a 4-6 rep standard throughout uppoer/lower power days and go for 8-12 for hypertrophy day exercises. 

Day 1 - Upper power 24/02/2014

Upper body warm up.

Flat BB Bench -  85x6-85x6-85x5-85x5-85x5. (Go up to 87.5 next week)

BB Row - 80x5-80x5-80x4-80x4-80x3 ( Form wasn't amazing, might drop)

Shoulder DB press - 30x5-30x4-30x4-30x3-30x3 ( Will drop down to 28s next week)

Ez bar bicep curls - 35x6-35x6-35x5-35x5-35x4 ( Somewhat strict form )

Tricep push down - 60x7-60x6-60x6-60x5-60x5 ( Decent form)

Shit took ages and really felt it.

Lower body tomorrow is going to kill.  Squats, Deads etc

Lower body raped me, was ready to leave after deads.

Day 2 - Lower power 25/02/2014

Warm up.

Front squat - 70x5-70x5-70x5-70x5-70x5 ( Not used to front squats so give it time)

Supinated Dead lifts - 120x6-x120x5-120x5-120x4-120x4

Leg press - 300x6-300x6-300x5-300x5-300x5

Db Lunges - 30x4-30x4-30x3-30x3-30x3 ( was feeling fucked by now)

Cool down.

Played 30 min game of indoor footy today too prior to gym so was not optimal.