don
Kruck
Polar
TBR
[ Council ] Rob

SICK GYM TIMES WITH TRISTAN

Tris

Just back from Bali.

Haven't been to the gym in 16 days.  Feeling sluggish from all the Bintang and breakfast buffets.  Need to get back into routine and hit the gainsssss. Think I've put on 1.5-2% bodyfat, srs.   Will however be on a slight caloric surplus until gains are made.  Thinking until mid-end of August.

185 dead yesterday friends.

Leaning out slowly.

Getting all four of my wisdom teeth out in 2 hours.  Won't be lifting for a week or so.

Wish me luck lads.

Not really related to your gym stuff but how was getting the wisdom teeth out? I have to do mine on the 23rd and was just curious. I've never been good with dental issues.

185 dead yesterday friends.

Leaning out slowly.

Getting all four of my wisdom teeth out in 2 hours.  Won't be lifting for a week or so.

Wish me luck lads.

Not really related to your gym stuff but how was getting the wisdom teeth out? I have to do mine on the 23rd and was just curious. I've never been good with dental issues.

I was under local anesthetic when I got mine out so I was awake.  Very odd feeling when you have someone prodding and pulling your teeth out but you can't feel much going on.  The first few hours after getting them out you feel no pain and your mouth is numb as fuck.  Blood builds up fast in the gauze you get given which you bite down upon and it can get quite nasty with swallowing mouthfuls of blood.  After the anesthetic wears off the pain is quite bad even with strong pain killers.  I took codine and an anti inflammatory rather than just a pain killer which did help.  Stick to liquid/soft food for a good few days after getting them out man.  I tried to be a cheeky cunt and chew more solid like foods on my other teeth and the pain got pretty bad due to the nerves being effected via other teeth.  The pain and discomfort ordeal lasted over a week for me however for others I've heard it only lasted for 3-5 days.  Depends on the roots of your wisdom teeth when pulled and how long the inflammation takes to settle.  

Started up 5/3/1 this week.  Enjoying it so far.  Adding 2-3 exercises of accessory work after the initial major compound.  Reverse dieting up from maintenance. 

Koray you are well below that BF mate haha. I would say you are closer to 10-11 12 at most. Ive just dropped from 17.5 - 14 (actually measured by nutritionist I did a 6 week programme with) and your leaner than I am at moment.

Gooood mab Tris, nail that mobility!! Seem tl be smashing stronglifts. Makr sure you get used to front squating and overhead squat if you wanna oly lift progress.

Koray you are well below that BF mate haha. I would say you are closer to 10-11 12 at most. Ive just dropped from 17.5 - 14 (actually measured by nutritionist I did a 6 week programme with) and your leaner than I am at moment.

i thought this exactly, seemed lower than 15-17, im sitting on 16-17 atm

i legit was about 15-16% you would be surprised.

i'm at 78-79kg now down 5 kg from that pic and i can just about see abs but not fully, another 3-4kg to go for shredded abs (8-9%)

Well, I got measured at 86kg 14% BF yesterday and these are my pics today. Measured by coach / nutritionist at my gym so fairly sure it will be accurate. 

So I would judge you much lower.

dvlfxua.jpg

X4zvahz.jpg

This was 6 weeks ago at 17.5% BF

9ZFVanY.jpg

still got a way to go. Got ibiza in 4 weeks so trying to smash it and drop another 1 or 2 % and some more KGs

harsh reality is that korasi was correct regarding his pic, 15-17% without a doubt.

this chart is prob accurate within a percentage, assuming someone doesn't have ridiculous fat-storage genetics, e.g. storing shit loads on their upper-back/legs etc.

walli however you got yours measured, it's not going to be anywhere close to accurate unless you paid 100 quid to be submurged into a water-tank and sit their for 20 mins. assuming you just callipered a couple of body-sites, in which case referring to the above chart and comparing it to yourself is alot more accurate than that everytime. 

really who gives a shit about a number though, bodyfat, bodyweight, means nothing. mirror tells all. knowing your rough % is just a way to describe your body-composition over the internet.

edit: @@Walli looking alot better than you were 6 weeks ago mate so that's what matters!

Edited by Steroids

Looking good @@Walli

I have started  front squats, still getting used to front racking.  Dat shit mobility slowly getting better.

I"d put Koray at around 14%.

Rest day today.  OHP tomorrow.

I love front squat! Just keep doing the little stretches every day. I dont really need to dl much mobility now. Bits here and there

And spose steroids but as you said, even as inaccurate or wjatever showed progression which was main thing

• 3 weeks later...

Feeling stronger boys.

Hit a 200kg deadlift tonight and felt like I could hit 205-210.   

Joining a powerlifting gym next month, hopefully make some good progress over the following months.   Coach is 3rd in the country.  23 and has a total of 750kg at 103kg.  Massive.  I have high hopes. 

Gonna keep the calories slightly up until August-September and then I'll drop down slowly because I'd like to compete in the 83kg bracket. 

• 2 weeks later...

220 dead tonight friends.  Das 5 20's per side.  Reckon I have 230 in me maybe.  Joining power lifting gym in just over a week.  Pls squat and bench make gains.

Nice mirin brah, i think your bench is lacking a little, or maybe mine was just stronger. Last bulk i put up 160 dead, 145 squat and 110 bench, i dunno why my dead is so weak. Never really train it i guess, do you dead twice a week?

@Mr War Feeling a lot better with jaw splint and chiro mate.  Think it'll be near 100% come end of year.  Have it fully covered money wise, costing bank.

@@Chayotika  Yeah man my bench and squat are lacking a lot, gonna increase the volume on both.  I was deadlifting twice a week prior to 5/3/1 which is maybe why I'm seeing such big numbers.  I'm gonna focus on my squat and bench once   I join this powerlifitng gym come next week.  

Edited by Tris

@I Pk Virginz

Not as long as you'd think.  Depends where you start at with bench weight wise and programming wise.  I don't remember when I first benched 100 as I used o be a chest warrior and my bench used to be far better before my neck//jaw.   I"d say with the right programming one could reach 100 in under 6 months.

• 4 weeks later...

Been at the power lifting gym for two weeks now.  New program involves me squatting and deadlifting twice a week and bench pressing three times a week between 70-85% of max.  Will post full routine if anyone wants to see it.

Current lifts sit at 230 dead, 150 squat, 120 bench.  Haven't done any one rep max testing in the past 3 weeks.  Will be in two weeks time.  Will post results then.

Sitting at 90-91 kilograms, eating at a 200 odd deficit, gonna slowly drop to 83-84 while trying to maintain as much strength as possible.  Would like to compete in the 82-83 brackets if I do end up competing.  Also would rather be a lean power lifting guy rather than a fat one.