SICK GYM TIMES WITH TRISTAN

Tris

why you going back to middle earth?

Student finances and support mate.  I don't get that in Australia, have to pay full fees up front and have to stay with parents.  Nz I can be living away from home and take a loan out etc.

its the place to be mate, we aint got none of that poisonous shit that they have over in aussie 

yeah but u get the risk of your village being raided by wildmen of dunland

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Alright, on a small 250-300 surplus right now.  2800~ calories -  300g carbs, 100g fat, 175 protein.

Started Push/Pull/Legs.  Major compounds I'm doing 5x5 and then doing some hypertrophy work at 8-12 reps but I might change it up to PHAT or another strength based program. 

4/02/2014

Push day - Weight is in kilograms.

In order of appearance.

Upper body mobility warm up.

Flat Barbell Bench - 80x5x5

Incline Barbell Bench - 65x5x5

Military Press - 40x5x5 (Shoulders/scapula are still a bit off from neck all deal)

DB Flyes - 12.5x10-12x3 

Front DB raises  super setted with side raises - 8x10-12x3 for both exercises. (6 sets total)

Tricep Push downs - 45x10x3

Focusing more on strength firstly by doing 5x5 through compounds and then finishing with more controlled/hypertrophy type shit.  I enjoy the variety but I may end up switching to Layne Norton's PHAT styled training method since it tailors days to strength or hypertrophy.  

http://www.simplyshredded.com/mega-feature-layne-norton-training-series-full-powerhypertrophy-routine-updated-2011.html

Edited by Tris

5/02/2014 - Leg Day

Tried some high rep volume training, not the usual routine. Had a good pump going but going to stick to the usual heavy workout next week.  Only have one squat rack at the gym so shit is usually hard to get a hold of, not to mention my neck shit cant deal with high bar squats right now.

200 Rep Leg Press Pyramid - No rest between climbing/dropping.

69x50 -> 107x25 -> 148x15 -> 178x10  (max on gay machine)-> 178x10 -> 148x15 -> 107x25 -> 69x50.

Leg Press -> 178 x 68 (failure) 

Calves on Leg press -> 178 x 19->15->13->11->8 (5 sets to failure)

Leg Curl -> 52 x 12->10>9

Leg Extension -> 59 x 12->10->8

@Koray - was only a one time thing I was trying out with a mate, back to heavy sets next week bro.  

@Luke,  - Dumbbells force you into using your stabilization muscles and structures throughout the exercise, at least more than barbell. Generally considered better for muscle imbalances too.  Barbell in my opinion is generally better for strength style training but it shouldn't be over looked by 'bodybuilders'. I prefer variety, mixing it up, doing dumbbells one week then barbells the next. 

Forgot to log Pull day cause it was on my Birthday, went out right after.

7/02/2014

Push day - Weight is in kilograms.

Upper body mobility warm up.

Flat Barbell Bench - 82.5x5x5 (Hard to get spot on last few reps of last two sets)

Incline Barbell Bench - 65x5x5

Military Press - 40x5x5 

DB Flyes - 12.5x10-12x3 

Front DB raises - 10x10-12x3

One arm tricep dumbbell extensions - 12.5x8-10x3

Tricep Push downs - 45x10x3

I could do 20-22.5s Trevor but yeah what Koray mentioned. I focus on time under tension and rep quality in the later parts of my current routine.  Still undecided if I'll switch to PHAT but I'm quite happy with my current mixed shit.

Played 2 hours of 5v5 footy today, made up for the cardio by having a whole dominos pizza afterwards.  

Legs tomorrow.  

86ftClU.jpg

THE RIGHT GUN

Edited by Tris

9/02/2014 - Leg Day

Back to heavy lower reps.  Until I sort my neck out I cant back squat properly cause the pressure is too much for my vertebrae/surrounding structures.  

Plate Leg Press -> Warm up = 78 x 20 -> 170 x 15 -> 270kg x 8-12x3 -> Failure

Calves on Machine Leg press -> 178 x 25->23->20->Failure

Dumbbell Lunges -> 3 Sets, lunge from one side of room to other and back = one set. 20kg dumbbells. Keeping upright and focusing heavily on form. 

Leg Curl -> 59 x 10->8->7

Leg Extension -> 59 x 12->10->8

Lower body mobility/stretching. 

Edited by Tris

long time mate.

looking good :)

Hey brah! I'll have to jump on irc sometime to chat.  Fell off the wheel a bit with my neck injury but I'm getting back into it.  Keeping that surplus small now since I'm forever a natty cunt.  Not gonna lie, was looking into clen next cut but my family's blood pressure and heart history is a tad shit so fuck that, natty it is.

On this 'clean' bulk for at least 6 months imo.

Edited by Tris