• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TJ

• Marc|Criti

• MikeQ

• Smush

Top Posters In This Topic

I think all religions were made up by smart people to fool the stupid people to gain political & military power.

This^

And you say "They were just believing it so that they'd go to heaven" but a lot of people who claim to be religious just believe it because their family do, and they were just brought up in that part of life.

Think about it, most people who have been a single religion for their entire life have parents that believed exactly the same. (most) Others converted.

I personally don't believe in any "Religion" because there are always flaws in each one. I'm more of a Physics kinda guy though, i like to see explanations and 'evidence'.

• 4 months later...
Iz Jade Iz

Ive read a good portion of this thread and felt like i should put my input in here....

First things first, I dont need to prove that God is real, because we all have our own choice to believe in what we want to believe in. Im no better then anyone else and my words are simply just words, for i am just a man. But I can tell you the things ive experienced prove to me that god is real, i promise you if you were to experience the things i have you would never feel the same again.

Just because someone says "Oh, yeah im a christian" doesnt make them a real christian. The term is so overused, and most people dont realize what the term christian means. Christian means Christ like, living your life the way Jesus lived his (as best you can, we are human afterall).

One of my favorite quotes is: "The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today, Is Christians who acknowledge Jesus with their lips, Then walk out the door and deny him by their lifestyle.That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable."

If you dont live a "Christ like" lifestyle then why claim to be a christian? This has bothered me for a long time, its so hypocritical to say your a christian and then go behind someones back and say hateful things about them. I myself have done this, but i acknowledge that and repent for my sins and actually try and fix my faults.

I dont believe in religion, i believe in a relationship between myself and God.

My favorite quote

Going to church doesn't make you a christian, anymore than standing in a garage makes you a car

If I were to go out into the garden and pick up any stone there, and say that I believe this stone is all powerful of the universe and a god amongst us mortals, it would still be a smarter claim than to believe in any god currently.

Why? Simple

The rock exists, therefore the bullshit about it being all powerful has the smallest potential of being correct.

in b4 retard " rofl but only u belief in that whereas many people believe in religions so therefore it must be true "

I've not seen one good argument against or for religion on this topic L

Look up Christopher Hitchens and truly enlighten yourselves

If I were to go out into the garden and pick up any stone there, and say that I believe this stone is all powerful of the universe and a god amongst us mortals, it would still be a smarter claim than to believe in any god currently.

Why? Simple

The rock exists, therefore the bullshit about it being all powerful has the smallest potential of being correct.

in b4 retard " rofl but only u belief in that whereas many people believe in religions so therefore it must be true "

Fucking lol.

And I still think religion is bull shit. Only the ill minded believe it with a passion.

If you want to get drunk/fucked up beyond belief and pray... That would make more sense, than doing it sober lol.

Drunk atm btw <3

Marc|Criti

Why? Simple

i can only bow to you, as you're easily the most retarded guy who has posted on this topic

at least others didn't think they were intelligent while saying dumb things LOL

Why? Simple

i can only bow to you, as you're easily the most retarded guy who has posted on this topic

Shit dawg he was just static an obvious opinion. Maybe he insulted u in a way but if u cant look beside that then ur no better then anyone else.

Marc|Criti

Why? Simple

Shit dawg he was just static an obvious opinion. Maybe he insulted u in a way but if u cant look beside that then ur no better then anyone else.

wat

Apply logic to religion and religion falls apart.

People who are religious claim that religion defies all logic.

Therefore you can't apply logic to religion.

Therefore you can't argue against religion.

Well played religion once again you've played on the weak of mind to gain mass support and cause problems throughout the world.

Marc|Criti

Apply logic to religion and religion falls apart.

People who are religious claim that religion defies all logic.

Therefore you can't apply logic to religion.

Therefore you can't argue against religion.

Well played religion once again you've played on the weak of mind to gain mass support and cause problems throughout the world.

the problem isn't religion, it's the few ones using religion to manipulate others into doing what they want who are.

every single religion's message is about peace and love

if you don't believe in god (and i don't), then don't and leave those who do alone...

One of my favorite quotes is: "The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today, Is Christians who acknowledge Jesus with their lips, Then walk out the door and deny him by their lifestyle.That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable."

The greatest cause of atheism is that god doesn't exist.

Aren't you humble...

the penalty for leaving the islamic faith which forces women to cover their skin is death

DEATH

i know this topic is about christianity but still its a sub category of a greater problem

nobody has killed in the name of science

Christianity is against MANY things, it isn't just about being honest happy and helpful, if your a christian you are preached at to be homophobic, and basically hate upon other members of society.

I'm done posting on here but seriously wise up, Religion is 100% bad, Christianity included.

Religion was fine when people didn't understand the things around them such as why the sun rises, however as understanding increases faith decreases, WHY?

Faith is irrational by definition as it is LIES

100% Fiction end of story PAH I'm tired going bed tldr religion is dumb and if your religious your more than likely to be below average intelligence

Iz Jade Iz

nobody has killed in the name of science

Christianity is against MANY things, it isn't just about being honest happy and helpful, if your a christian you are preached at to be homophobic, and basically hate upon other members of society.

I'm done posting on here but seriously wise up, Religion is 100% bad, Christianity included.

Religion was fine when people didn't understand the things around them such as why the sun rises, however as understanding increases faith decreases, WHY?

Faith is irrational by definition as it is LIES

100% Fiction end of story PAH I'm tired going bed tldr religion is dumb and if your religious your more than likely to be below average intelligence

Before posting, maybe do some research. You only see what you want to see, and what the media wants you to see. You are painted a picture by the media that says Christians hate gays, but in reality its the sin thats hated (and its biblical, homosexuality is a sin). Christianity teaches to be kind, loving, forgiving and much more. Christians are persecuted more then you KNOW, you dont even realize how corrupt this world is. In other countries people die daily for their belief in god, look at countires like China where its illegal to even own a bible. You seem to be blinded by the media, maybe you should open your eyes. Now there are people who call themselves christians, but just because they claim it doesnt mean they live it.

Ask yourself these questions, What do you live for? You've been taught to what, go to school, then college to get a good job, work 45 years, retire and then die? What if your wrong and there is a God?

Its sad when people pick apart the reasons of living for something more then just money, and all of the material things of this world. I choose to live for something more, who are you to tell me otherwise? I apologize for those who shove religion down your throat, but you generalized everyone into that category, when thats simply not the case.

Also, Science is filled with theories made up by men. Taking educated guesses, based on what another man told them they think happened! Hardly anything can be 100% proven, you have faith in scientists to give you answers. How is that any different then having faith in God?

Faith

1. confidence or trust in a person or thing: faith in another's ability.

2. belief that is not based on proof.

3. belief in God or in the doctrines or teachings of religion.

I can make all the statements i want about what i think about Science, but i dont make statements on things I havent researched. Just makes you look foolish.

Edited by Iz Jade Iz
Marc|Criti

i'd have so many things to say but it'd be a waste of time since you guys don't even read my replies (and i'd have to say the same things over and over again for the next 20 pages)

what's the point in coming to the debate section if you aren't ready to actually have a debate?

• 2 months later...

damn its been a while since i've been on here, but i feel i have to post since my opinion on this has changed so much. i no longer believe in god, so i guess you can consider me an atheist. I've thought so much on this topic for the past few years and the more i think about it, the more i feel that there is no god, atleast no god that any religion preaches about. but yeh, thought id drop my 2 cents now that my opinion has changed.

• 3 weeks later...

Many questions appear in my mind about religion. What if someone or a group back in the day made up the theory of "religion" . There is rarely proof about religion which always makes you doubt it.