Erik
Kruck
Teleporting
[ Warlord ] [ Council ] don
Lay
TBR

Christianity

Magick

This was a 5min thread, If anyone wants me to add to this just send me a pm. I will add more soon, this was abit rushed.

Basically I think the entire Christian faith is full of lies and is corrupt and forceful. I personally hate the religion because of the mass conversions, since it was a mainstream religion at the time people were just believing it because they wanted to go to heaven. In africa there are alot of christians but do they really believe in the faith? Most explorers who visited foreign lands converted others. Recently in the papers i saw an article about Iraq, a iraqi child was killed while the RAF airdropped leaflets about christianity over iraq. That makes me think even more about how corrupt the faith is, trying to convert others who already seem devout to their own religion.

I think majority of people just believe in christiany because they are weak and want the promise of life after death in heaven.

DEBATE!

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TJ

• Marc|Criti

• MikeQ

• Smush

Top Posters In This Topic

Christianity is a brilliant thing. It brings millions, if not billions of people together under one unanimous leader- God.

Im doing a 2nd degree in philosophy and ethics, and my class and i debate this for hours every week, before the course i was atheist but now im agnostic (just dont know)

Its not, of couse- but there is no proof that it is a lie and no proof that its real. So we can conclude that millions of people come together over a neutral cause, = millions of people coming together for no reason. I for one dont think thats a bad thing

there shouldnt need to be proof of it NOT being real.

if you cant prove it and it doesnt make any logical sense. then why believe in it?

millions of people comes together about being muslims aswell.. surpressing women and living by a book that dictates you to do stupid shit. whats good about this?

The big bang proves god didnt make the world in 10 days or whatever?

Air travel proves theres no heaven up there? :P

Im pretty sure the hadron collidor experiment proves that particles created the universe rather than god?

The big bang is a theory. its not a proof of anything.

i think the heaven is a sorta methafor'ish thing.. and not the actually clouds we're looking at in the sky.

and i dont know what tha hadron colidor experiement is :)

i believe in christianity, i dont think it was something that was as such a lie to gain superiority or whatever, but more so a gathering of people who have questions that need answering or have always thought whats out there and wonder how life actually began. I also think that this is and always will be a hard point to prove that there is something out there we refer to as 'God' which is what this religion is upon, as most say their is so evidence of a god type being actually visiting us except for the bible of course which yes, could have been lies. You have to trust and believe that their is something out there, if you cant do that then you'll never truly understand the world. Their is evidence all around you, the biggest parts are life, one of the main arguments about God's existence is the 'Big Bang' theory which was thought up by scientists. Even though their theory speaks of atoms colliding and making the earth and other elements and what have you, this wouldnt have just happened out of nothing, what was their before even minerals or elements and compounds were created? God.

Thanks for taking the time to read my comment  ^_^

Because of the Bible, it makes God probable to exist. God existing is not a definite but a matter of probability. And whether or not it makes logical sense doesnt even apply to whether or not God exists, because it is a unique scenario that cannot be proven; saying the big bang created the universe is just as logical as God creating the universe because the human race has no prior knowledge. There are dozens of factors supporting Gods existance and dozens not supporting it, its just probability. If you weighed up the probability factors it will most likely come out with God not existing

i believe in christianity, i dont think it was something that was as such a lie to gain superiority or whatever, but more so a gathering of people who have questions that need answering or have always thought whats out there and wonder how life actually began. I also think that this is and always will be a hard point to prove that there is something out there we refer to as 'God' which is what this religion is upon, as most say their is so evidence of a god type being actually visiting us except for the bible of course which yes, could have been lies. You have to trust and believe that their is something out there, if you cant do that then you'll never truly understand the world. Their is evidence all around you, the biggest parts are life, one of the main arguments about God's existence is the 'Big Bang' theory which was thought up by scientists. Even though their theory speaks of atoms colliding and making the earth and other elements and what have you, this wouldnt have just happened out of nothing, what was their before even minerals or elements and compounds were created? God.

Thanks for taking the time to read my comment  ^_^

intresting point of view.

But your agument is abit bleh.. because we dont know how the world was created there must be a god..? and.. what came before god then? who created god?

Im pretty sure the hadron collidor experiment proves that particles created the universe rather than god?

I'm christian, ofc theres things that can't be proved, thats why it comes down to faith.  Honestly, i'd rather believe in and follow God during my life to get rewarded with heaven after i die, and even if there is no God, hey, atliest i lived a good and honest life.  As for the big bang theory and evolution and whatnot, ive posted this multiple times i think, but ill do it again.  I think that the big bang and God's story of creation can be combined in a way.  The book of Genesis says that God created the world in 7 days.  Most would say, "7 days, the universe was created over billions of years?!?!"  Well, the bible doesn't specify that a 'day' was 24 hours long.  In fact, it doesn't specify any unit of length for a day to be, one day could equal to 100 billion years in real time if you think about it.  Honestly, that's what i believe, ofc no way to prove nor disproove it, aswell as most other things about religion.

In the end, for Christians and most religions, it just comes down to faith, and whether right or wrong, i feel like it can't be a bad thing to have lived my life believing what i believe.

christianity, is n ot a religion, its just a belief, and i choose to believe there is a god and he paid for my sins, so i believe keyowrd "believe" not a religion.

Arguing for Christianity is like saying 'I can jump from my bedroom window onto my shed, until you prove me otherwise that's true'.

Although the truth will never be found as humans are incapable of ever knowing whether God is real or not. Its exactly the same the other side of the argument.

'God created the universe- until someone proves to me the big bang happened'

'The big bang happened- until God appears infront of me and tells me he created the universe'.

Both are as inconceivable as each other.

Logically, God appearing infront of you and telling you he created the universe is more likely than the big bang. By definition God is the greatest conceivable being, so by definition alone is capable of creating the universe. Whilst the big bang is inconceivable that atoms could create what the universe is today with out any conscious effort.

I'm christian, ofc theres things that can't be proved, thats why it comes down to faith.  Honestly, i'd rather believe in and follow God during my life to get rewarded with heaven after i die, and even if there is no God, hey, atliest i lived a good and honest life.  As for the big bang theory and evolution and whatnot, ive posted this multiple times i think, but ill do it again.  I think that the big bang and God's story of creation can be combined in a way.  The book of Genesis says that God created the world in 7 days.  Most would say, "7 days, the universe was created over billions of years?!?!"  Well, the bible doesn't specify that a 'day' was 24 hours long.  In fact, it doesn't specify any unit of length for a day to be, one day could equal to 100 billion years in real time if you think about it.  Honestly, that's what i believe, ofc no way to prove nor disproove it, aswell as most other things about religion.

In the end, for Christians and most religions, it just comes down to faith, and whether right or wrong, i feel like it can't be a bad thing to have lived my life believing what i believe.

I think the 24 hour day had already been established when the Bible was written.

Also, to all of you atheist asswipes (not all of you), why do you feel like it's your duty to convence people to believe what you believe? You have kind of turned atheism into a new religion. If people believe in christianity, just let them believe. They aren't hurting you.

I'm christian, ofc theres things that can't be proved, thats why it comes down to faith.  Honestly, i'd rather believe in and follow God during my life to get rewarded with heaven after i die, and even if there is no God, hey, atliest i lived a good and honest life.  As for the big bang theory and evolution and whatnot, ive posted this multiple times i think, but ill do it again.  I think that the big bang and God's story of creation can be combined in a way.  The book of Genesis says that God created the world in 7 days.  Most would say, "7 days, the universe was created over billions of years?!?!"  Well, the bible doesn't specify that a 'day' was 24 hours long.  In fact, it doesn't specify any unit of length for a day to be, one day could equal to 100 billion years in real time if you think about it.  Honestly, that's what i believe, ofc no way to prove nor disproove it, aswell as most other things about religion.

I think the 24 hour day had already been established when the Bible was written.

Also, to all of you atheist asswipes (not all of you), why do you feel like it's your duty to convence people to believe what you believe? You have kind of turned atheism into a new religion. If people believe in christianity, just let them believe. They aren't hurting you.

+1

its not like we're trying to convince you into not believing, we are simply questioning christianity. curiosity, comes from wondering why some people explain/excuse shit with religion.

btw there are more muslims than christians, and far more people without any religion at all aswell. questioning something that doesnt make sense, because people use it as an excuse.. whats wrong with that? are you just mad for not being able to use your excuse without getting questioned?

and your being a hypocrit.. just let them believe? just let us believe lol. we have to learn about that bullshit in school, in the tv etc.. christianity is not the bottom line.. its not the origin or some shit.. its a relatively new book that a relatively small amount of people actually believes in. most just takes what they like and change what they dislike about it.

People don't know where to look when shit hits the fan, so they look to a higher power (god). When really, when shit does hit the fan, it's going to be every man for themselves, along with his/her family. When referring to the fan being hit by shit.. i mean famine, corrupt governments, large natural disasters, or the power-grid failing. Whatever.

God isn't going to save you from being killed when dealing with hunger-crazed civilians during a nationwide famine, only you can save yourself. So go buy a gun, and a box of bullets, and prepare.

I always have people knock my door trying to convert me to Christianity & in school I was MADE to pray and told that God was real.

its not like we're trying to convince you into not believing, we are simply questioning christianity. curiosity, comes from wondering why some people explain/excuse shit with religion.

btw there are more muslims than christians, and far more people without any religion at all aswell. questioning something that doesnt make sense, because people use it as an excuse.. whats wrong with that? are you just mad for not being able to use your excuse without getting questioned?

and your being a hypocrit.. just let them believe? just let us believe lol. we have to learn about that bullshit in school, in the tv etc.. christianity is not the bottom line.. its not the origin or some shit.. its a relatively new book that a relatively small amount of people actually believes in. most just takes what they like and change what they dislike about it.

There's a big difference between questioning and converting when I'm mocked and ridiculed for believing in what I want to believe, and then told why my belief differs from what yours is, and then being told why I should believe what you're beleiving.

Since I was born a Roman Catholic, I believe I should be in this conversation.

First off, Jim, Christianity has not gone door-to-door since the days of St. Paul, which were thousands of years ago. What came to your door is Jehovah's witness, there's a difference. They're just straight fucked in the head, and will not stop trying to convert people even after telling them to gtfo.

Now I'm Catholic in spirit; I don't necessarily believe that everything the church says is right. In fact, I think that Benedict XVI is an idiot to be honest, due to some of the crap he's done while being pope. That being said, I do in fact believe that there's got to be some sort of afterlife after this... I think that we're just too intricate. As for the whole scientific theories and whatnot, fuck yeah I'll back them up, but still. When it comes to my faith, I believe in what I want to. I haven't been brainwashed, I chose to become a Catholic. My parents offered to send me to public schooling systems whenever I wanted, but I took the path that I thought was best. By the way, you talk about there being more muslims, however did you know that both the Qu'ran and most of the bible actually intervine with eachother? We're basically looking at the same divine figure under the same light, however just called under a different name.

I read something incredibly interesting that actually made me chuckle. I don't know if I read it here, but I read it somewhere, and it basically goes like this:

The whole God and Jesus thing can be divided into three parts, like a trilogy of movies.

The first movie is the Old Testament, the sequel to the first movie is the New Testament, and the final movie is the Qu'ran.

Jewish people like the first movie and the first movie only. They think that the second is okay, but they don't like the third at all.

Christians/Catholics like the second movie, however they think the first movie is just as important as the second one, however they don't really like the third at all.

Muslims believe that the third movie was the greatest of the three, however they seemed to enjoy the first and second ones too, but still, they thought that the third was the more important of the three.

As for Atheistic people: Do you not have any hope whatsoever prior to our deaths? So you just think that you die and that's it? Would it not be nice to think there's a life of satisfaction after we die? Because quite frankly I'd rather believe that I'm not just going to fade into reality after I'm gone. You can choose to believe whatever you want, just stop trying to make me believe other than what I choose to.

Once again, as for the teachings of the church, fuck it tbh. All through highschool I questioned the curriculum of the religious courses that, as a catholic, I have to take. That being said, just because I think the way the church wants me to live is pretty stupid does not mean that I'm not Catholic. Not every person who believes in something is a bible thumping moron who dances, loses themselves and gets slapped on the forehead every time they leave the house. Because quite frankly, I know a lot of people who used to think that that's what all parts of the religion were about, to which I say you're a selfish, ignorant individual if you think that's the case.

Guest Emote|Muse

As helpless as Religious debates are because each side is  stubborn as hell and it always ends with Atheists quoting Richard Dawkins and Christians Quoting bible verses and such, I have to say it's really fucking stupid that people can and do believe in Christianity.

I personally believe that God plays no part in your life whatsoever. I was born with skin cancer, the kind you should get from UV rays from tanning, but I get mine from genetics, and I've gotten it removed 3 times in my 15 year old life. My Christian grand mother used to take me to church every Sunday, but she died from colon cancer a year ago, so I don't go to church anymore. And with the events that go on in the world such as Haiti, either God plays no part in everyday life, or he is a fucking bastard that lets his followers die. Either way, I will not worship any such God. I personally like the idea of Deism. It is the belief that God created the world, set in some general rules or morals, then lets it be, not interfering whatsoever.

There's a big difference between questioning and converting when I'm mocked and ridiculed for believing in what I want to believe, and then told why my belief differs from what yours is, and then being told why I should believe what you're beleiving.

Since I was born a Roman Catholic, I believe I should be in this conversation.

First off, Jim, Christianity has not gone door-to-door since the days of St. Paul, which were thousands of years ago. What came to your door is Jehovah's witness, there's a difference. They're just straight fucked in the head, and will not stop trying to convert people even after telling them to gtfo.

Now I'm Catholic in spirit; I don't necessarily believe that everything the church says is right. In fact, I think that Benedict XVI is an idiot to be honest, due to some of the crap he's done while being pope. That being said, I do in fact believe that there's got to be some sort of afterlife after this... I think that we're just too intricate. As for the whole scientific theories and whatnot, fuck yeah I'll back them up, but still. When it comes to my faith, I believe in what I want to. I haven't been brainwashed, I chose to become a Catholic. My parents offered to send me to public schooling systems whenever I wanted, but I took the path that I thought was best. By the way, you talk about there being more muslims, however did you know that both the Qu'ran and most of the bible actually intervine with eachother? We're basically looking at the same divine figure under the same light, however just called under a different name.

I read something incredibly interesting that actually made me chuckle. I don't know if I read it here, but I read it somewhere, and it basically goes like this:

The whole God and Jesus thing can be divided into three parts, like a trilogy of movies.

The first movie is the Old Testament, the sequel to the first movie is the New Testament, and the final movie is the Qu'ran.

Jewish people like the first movie and the first movie only. They think that the second is okay, but they don't like the third at all.

Christians/Catholics like the second movie, however they think the first movie is just as important as the second one, however they don't really like the third at all.

Muslims believe that the third movie was the greatest of the three, however they seemed to enjoy the first and second ones too, but still, they thought that the third was the more important of the three.

As for Atheistic people: Do you not have any hope whatsoever prior to our deaths? So you just think that you die and that's it? Would it not be nice to think there's a life of satisfaction after we die? Because quite frankly I'd rather believe that I'm not just going to fade into reality after I'm gone. You can choose to believe whatever you want, just stop trying to make me believe other than what I choose to.

Once again, as for the teachings of the church, fuck it tbh. All through highschool I questioned the curriculum of the religious courses that, as a catholic, I have to take. That being said, just because I think the way the church wants me to live is pretty stupid does not mean that I'm not Catholic. Not every person who believes in something is a bible thumping moron who dances, loses themselves and gets slapped on the forehead every time they leave the house. Because quite frankly, I know a lot of people who used to think that that's what all parts of the religion were about, to which I say you're a selfish, ignorant individual if you think that's the case.

There was a book made by the jews. then the muslims and the christians edited the book to fit them selves.

and now the christians have re-written the shit to what we want. to fit ourselves.

throughout your text your basicly saying that you believe.. but at the same time dont believe some of it.. and you believe in non-christian things aswel... meaning you are pretty much like any other christian, who doesnt really believe in it.. but just picks the parts he likes, edits some other parts, erases what they dont like etc so it fits your own opinion/culture etc.

to me this is somewhat amusing/pathetic and it proves to me that the bible/Qu'ran and the book those were written from, are nothing but good stories with lots of good values/points in life, how we should treat eachother, answering the things we cant answer etc.

i personally see nothing wrong with not knowing what happens after i die, how the world was created etc.. to some extinct i believe that we have souls, i like the thought of reincarnation etc, and lots of the values and points in the bible are great.. but they apply to basic human behaviour, not some god...

look at the big picture.. its like what? less than a 5th part of the worlds population that believes in this. and think of how genious this method of getting power is. you answer peoples question, you give people hope & meaning, and at the same time explain how they should treat eachother nicely etc. and at the same time excuses WHATEVER the church/power/god choses to do.

think of how long people have lived.. and then all of a sudden.. some people gains enormous power by making up a god that everyone has to obey... and nowadays no1 really believes in it.. they just think o well it sounds all good. explains shit etc, il just go with that because no harm in doing so, and i cba investigating anything.

Respectable, but unlike people who just choose to believe in the kind of shit that I believe in, I actually have reasons. The majority of people who take the same belief that I do (Fuck the church, believe in the god kind of thing) do it to look cool and shit. I actually have reasons and whatnot that make me not want to be part of the church at all. Which is probably why I don't even attend mass when I'm supposed to as a catholic. Unfortunately a lot of my reasons are incredibly private even for a somewhat anonymous internet forum, and I don't feel comfortable sharing them. Some things that I will share include how the church is basically selling itself out, and how a lot of the shit they say doesn't make sense whatsoever.

I don't give a shit about what people believe in tbh, quite frankly it doesn't bother me. What does bother me, however, is how someone believes in one thing and then tries to tell me why my belief is wrong and why their belief is supoerior. Which is why I won't hesitate when I slam the door on that Jehovah Witness' face when they come knocking on my door, or when I scream in the phone "ALIENS DID NOT MAKE THE PLANET YOU FUCKING IDIOT" when the center for Scientology calls my house, and just random shit like that. What I don't understand is why people can't just let people live their lives, choosing to believe in what they want to believe. Who gives a shit about how "impossible" or "scientifically proven" it is, in the end we're all just big bags of meat and organs. You believe that when we die we're just gone with no hope for any future whatsoever? That's fine, I don't care, just as long as you don't care about me believing for a better life outside of this one.