[ High Council ] Colin
don
Kruck
Polar
TBR
[ Council ] Rob

Christianity

Magick

The bible, Which was written Before Crist(B.C.) Told the isreali's to stay away from the sick, Then in the 1800s Louis Pasteur discovered Germs.

It also said that there are and Infinant number of stars, they counted at the time to prove it wrong, they counted 1081. Now we know that there are an infinant number of stars.

There are many other cases of this that I can pick out of the bible knowing things that people of the time it was written didn't. I know that might not be proof but, I does point towards proof.

1) We discovered germs through the use of science. The religious approach was to say that they were being punished by god for their sins. I hardly see how advising people to avoid the sick is proof of advanced knowledge. Maybe they should have given some tips on preventing disease to save a few billion lives?

2) We do not know that there are an infinite number of stars. An infinite universe is one of many theories, still being tested.

I'd be interested to see what other examples you have.

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TJ

• Marc|Criti

• MikeQ

• Smush

Top Posters In This Topic

The bible, Which was written Before Crist(B.C.) Told the isreali's to stay away from the sick, Then in the 1800s Louis Pasteur discovered Germs.

It also said that there are and Infinant number of stars, they counted at the time to prove it wrong, they counted 1081. Now we know that there are an infinant number of stars.

There are many other cases of this that I can pick out of the bible knowing things that people of the time it was written didn't. I know that might not be proof but, I does point towards proof.

1) We discovered germs through the use of science. The religious approach was to say that they were being punished by god for their sins. I hardly see how advising people to avoid the sick is proof of advanced knowledge. Maybe they should have given some tips on preventing disease to save a few billion lives?

2) We do not know that there are an infinite number of stars. An infinite universe is one of many theories, still being tested.

There is a finite amount of stars.

It doesn't take a genius to realise that if people are dieing due to an unknown illness it would be wise to avoid said illness.

Actually, although impossible to measure, it is generally assumed that the size of the universe can be estimated to some degree, same goes for the number of stars in the universe.

Also, learn to spell infinite.

Suppose there is an omniscient god, that has realised we humans know about him all too well, why is he still hiding up in the sky?

tl;dr god is a pussy.

There is a finite amount of stars.

Yes, the most common held understanding of our universe is that it is finite. However, several theories predict an infinitely large and flat universe. By definition, this would call for an infinite number of stars. This is the type of thing we are testing for with the LHC.

Well, my thoughts on this topic is very simple. I think, that people should just live their lives to their codes. not what others tell them. Be who you want to be, don't let anyone else tell you who/what to be. But if someone chooses to believe in Christianity. Thats fine, let them be who they want to be.

Well, my thoughts on this topic is very simple. I think, that people should just live their lives to their codes. not what others tell them. Be who you want to be, don't let anyone else tell you who/what to be. But if someone chooses to believe in Christianity. Thats fine, let them be who they want to be.

That is a strange theory. We are born without belief. At some point, someone must be influenced to become a christian. If we lived by your rules, there would be no unnatural belief systems to begin with. So why then make the distinction that it is okay to cause someone to become a christian, but not to cause them to denounce their faith?

Looking at it from another angle; what if it were a different belief system? If someone were racist, should we just let them be who they are?

That is a strange theory. We are born without belief. At some point, someone must be influenced to become a christian. If we lived by your rules, there would be no unnatural belief systems to begin with. So why then make the distinction that it is okay to cause someone to become a christian, but not to cause them to denounce their faith?

Looking at it from another angle; what if it were a different belief system? If someone were racist, should we just let them be who they are?

That made me chuckle.

basicly what i'm saying is, don't force someone to be something. or try converting them. just let them make their own choice.

basicly what i'm saying is, don't force someone to be something. or try converting them. just let them make their own choice.

Mikey is just mad that he had a bad childhood and a terrible upbringing, instability early on in life is detrimental to one's mentality; therefore he is a party pooper who likes ruining parties.

Comparing racism to religion is plain stupid. Please try again.

You may not have faith, but others do. Uruguay is a good country, but you're giving your country a bad name.

Please don't shove your beliefs on others. I'm getting tired of it.

As I said, we are born without belief. Belief is forced upon us. This is the definition of irony.

Mikey is just mad that he had a bad childhood and a terrible upbringing, instability early on in life is detrimental to one's mentality; therefore he is a party pooper who likes ruining parties.

We have already established that you have nothing to counter my argument with and therefore must resort to personal attacks. There is no need to continue doing so. I had a pretty good childhood.

Comparing racism to religion is plain stupid. Please try again.

They are both irrational beliefs driven by hatred and fear.

You may not have faith, but others do. Uruguay is a good country, but you're giving your country a bad name.

Please don't shove your beliefs on others. I'm getting tired of it.

Where the fuck do you keep getting this Uruguay thing from?! This is a debate forum, and the topic is christianity. I'd say there is a pretty good chance that someone is going to argue against it. If you are truly offended by it, don't participate in the debate. Why is this so complicated? I am attempting to use logic to dispell the falsehoods being put forth by believers. I hardly see how that is forcing anything upon anyone. Of course the great irony here is that your "faith" was once forced upon you. If you were born into a jewish household, you would be jewish. The same goes for any other religion.

Uruguay is disappointed in your decision. Where is your respect? Where is your pride?

It's okay though. It's never too late. I'm sorry I wasn't aware my belief in God was driven by hatred.

I'm not resorting to personal attacks. I'm making educated guesses based on your responses and I figure that you did not have loving parents in Uruguay. Am I right?

Remember Mike it's never too late.

As I said, we are born without belief. Belief is forced upon us. This is the definition of irony.

Well you obviously can't make achoice when your born. but you can choose when your older. I mean, if your family forces a religion on you and you stick with it, thats your fault.(if your unhappy) people do have to ability to choose in this world :)

Very few people change their religious beliefs from what they were raised with. This is because you are given positive feedback for believing what your parents/peers believe. The numbers support this, not the ability to independently choose.

Smush - obvious troll is obvious.

Very few people change their religious beliefs from what they were raised with. This is because you are given positive feedback for believing what your parents/peers believe. The numbers support this, not the ability to independently choose.

Smush - obvious troll is obvious.

Yeah, very few. Then i guess im one of the lucky ones that has the ability to choose what i want from life :P

Mike the majority of my family, not parents, but ALOT of the rest of my family, and we have a big one, always tried to force there christian beliefs onto me as a child, and my parents just didn't care. i chose to ignore them, and made the decision that christianity is bullshit myself.

I have friends who used to get dragged to church up until they were like 14, until they eventually said fuck this shit, and stopped.

Honestly unless you're like 10 it's entirely your decision.

Mike the majority of my family, not parents, but ALOT of the rest of my family, and we have a big one, always tried to force there christian beliefs onto me as a child, and my parents just didn't care. i chose to ignore them, and made the decision that christianity is bullshit myself.

I have friends who used to get dragged to church up until they were like 14, until they eventually said fuck this shit, and stopped.

Honestly unless you're like 10 it's entirely your decision.

Not everyone has the "fuck the system" approach nor the mental fortitude to take on figures of authority and go against their ways of thinking.

You can clearly see that different religions dominate different regions by a substantial margin. This shows that there is no intrinsic truth to any of these religions, but that it is purely a matter of tradition and culture.

People don't want to rock the boat.

Funny how most christians doesnt even follow their own rules, they just believe in god and dont give a shit about the bible & the rules in christianity.

but hey why not i guess coz whenever you want, all your sins can be forgiven by a priest :)

To me, religion, believing, going to church etc, is just a part of our culture, its an illusion, stories, told and shown to bring out good values and morale in life.

a lot of people figured this out, and therefore lives like me, more or less or not believing in god, but definently not giving a shit about the bible and the rules.

then theres the few retards left that takes it serious and actually uses the bullshit as excuses or answers to questions they cant answer because their afraid or whatever.. (for some reason, theres alot of these in america.. and even politics in this country is corrupted by religion.. can anyone tell me why?)