[ High Council ] Colin
don
Kruck
Polar
TBR
[ Council ] Rob

Christianity

Magick

i was raised christian.  i dont really go to church, but i believe in God and live an average moral life.  obv there's no 'scientific' proof to proove or disproove existance, so it all comes down to faith.  i question myself at times, but when it comes down to it, i believe/hope there is a God.

that's where you fail, no one needs to "disprove" his existence, the lack of proof is enough to disprove it.

For example, whilst i can claim there lives a dragon under my bed, you wouldn't need disprove this, because i have absolutely zero proof to prove what i say correct. In the same sense, you have absolutely zero proof to god exists, and as such it is pointless to argue "you can't prove he doesn't exist"

I'm starting to realize that any argument based on the assumption that god exists is completely futile, and as such i probably won't bother debating this nonsense any longer. Anyone with half a brain can come to the conclusion that there's no reason to believe in god, other then the fact that you have nothing else to believe in, and that makes you insecure.

i dont think i "fail." honestly, i'd still lead basically the same life whether i believed theres a God or not, i don't see what the big deal is.  my question is, how did everything start without some supernatural intervention?  Don't just say "the big bang durdurdur," because obv that's what happened, but how did that start? and what trigged that? and so on.. 
  • Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TJ

• Marc|Criti

• MikeQ

• Smush

Top Posters In This Topic

i was raised christian.  i dont really go to church, but i believe in God and live an average moral life.  obv there's no 'scientific' proof to proove or disproove existance, so it all comes down to faith.  i question myself at times, but when it comes down to it, i believe/hope there is a God.

that's where you fail, no one needs to "disprove" his existence, the lack of proof is enough to disprove it.

For example, whilst i can claim there lives a dragon under my bed, you wouldn't need disprove this, because i have absolutely zero proof to prove what i say correct. In the same sense, you have absolutely zero proof to god exists, and as such it is pointless to argue "you can't prove he doesn't exist"

I'm starting to realize that any argument based on the assumption that god exists is completely futile, and as such i probably won't bother debating this nonsense any longer. Anyone with half a brain can come to the conclusion that there's no reason to believe in god, other then the fact that you have nothing else to believe in, and that makes you insecure.

i dont think i "fail." honestly, i'd still lead basically the same life whether i believed theres a God or not, i don't see what the big deal is.  my question is, how did everything start without some supernatural intervention?  Don't just say "the big bang durdurdur," because obv that's what happened, but how did that start? and what trigged that? and so on..   

So your interpretation of god is as a supernatural life force that started everything and will eventually decide your fate in the afterlife? Well, my my that is refreshing..

It is entirely up for debate how it all began, but the reasonable conclusion is not "god did it". With everything science has shown us in this world, everything we KNOW FOR FACT, it disgusts me that anyone can still conclude it must be some god.

Here's what i think, imagine a blank canvas, utter nothingness, infinite possibility, i take my brush and create something, anything.

Suppose once there was a space of infinite nothingness, then some reaction we cannot comprehend, nor fathom caused some kind of reaction on his "canvas", much like a spilt bottle of ink. Over time this lead to the universe we know today.

There are an infinite number of thoughts and possibilities as to the way it all started, but "god made it" is fucking pathetic.

@Jugg, there are no scientific facts in "the holy book" only shit, written by some asshole.

Ok I didnt bother reading any of this topic yet, so i'll just start off with what I have to say.

Lets take a look at the main 'character' of the New Testament; Jesus. Jesus was claimed to have been born on the 25th of December in a virgin birth. Right there we have two 'facts' that should raise suspicion. Firstly, the December 25th birth motif has been seen in a myriad of religions prior to Jesus. Look at the ancient Mesopotamian religions, and even early Egypt. Their messiahs were all born on December 25th. Secondly, a virgin birth is impossible. Now there science of the time of the bible was not capable of proving virgin births were impossible, but by todays science we know it is.

Continuing on with Jesus, how do we even know the man existed. The first written accord of Jesus Christ is from 68 A.D. (The Gospel of Mark). Notice how I say 68 A.D., yes, 35 years after the death of Jesus. Facts and memories could easily get distorted 35 years after the death of an individual, so why take the Gospel of Mark as 'factual'? The next Gospels (Matthew and Luke) were written in approximately 80 A.D., which is 47 years after the death of Jesus. These two Gospels have literary dependence on Mark, and could quite easily be assumed that the authors of these modified the original Gospel to serve their own agenda.

I connor

i have a question for u.

who else other then god can reveal scientific facts that have been recently known with modern technology in the holy books?

obv not a human

a scientist

mu must ne kidding. are u saying a scientific that lived 2000 years ago could do the work of a modern scintific that have modern technology shits?

Actually, he said a scientist, not a scientific.

To what modern science contained within the bible are you referring? It seems to reflect the knowledge of Mediterranean cultures 2000 years ago.

To what modern science contained within the bible are you referring? It seems to reflect the knowledge of Mediterranean cultures 2000 years ago.

ok my point of view was just to say religion is not something fake that humans made since some writing in the holy books are true and have been confirmed by modern science. From my point of view, someone that lived 2000 years ago could not of had done such job because he didnt  not have the tools and the knowledge.

ok my point of view was just to say religion is not something fake that humans made since some writing in the holy books are true and have been confirmed by modern science. From my point of view, someone that lived 2000 years ago could not of had done such job because he didnt  not have the tools and the knowledge.

Mind point out some "examples" from your holy scriptures? I dont think you can find me anything that shows those who wrote the books of the New Testament had certain scientific knowledge that modern society has only just discovered.

Anyways, reply with some examples so I can shoot them down.

ok my point of view was just to say religion is not something fake that humans made since some writing in the holy books are true and have been confirmed by modern science. From my point of view, someone that lived 2000 years ago could not of had done such job because he didnt  not have the tools and the knowledge.

What tools or knowledge are needed to write lies in a book?

edit: can you two retards come back when you're literate please.

oh please you must be kidding right?  I meant that can you compare a 2000 without knowladge to a modern scientific with tools machinery n shit!

oh please you must be kidding right?  I meant that can you compare a 2000 without knowladge to a modern scientific with tools machinery n shit!

Your lack of "knowladge" of the English language does not bode well for your argument... an argument that I cant even understand.

Your lack of "knowladge" of the English language does not bode well for your argument... an argument that I cant even understand.

This.

This.

ok am done I have nothing more to say  ut ayways believe or not in god dosn't bother me the trutth will be exposed at the end.

Spittles (Old School)

I think people should believe in whatever makes them go to sleep at night, which in most cases are lies but fuck it, the world is already corrupted lol.

I think people should believe in whatever makes them go to sleep at night, which in most cases are lies but fuck it, the world is already corrupted lol.

I'm not a fan of the ignorant approach to be honest.

As I said like 50,000 pages back in huge paragraphs, born and raised a Roman-Catholic, yet I go to church twice a year because my parents force me to. And quite honestly, I think this year is the year that I looked and just stopped giving a shit about my religion to be honest. Like, looking back, I have always slowly transitioned from this quiet little catholic kid who minded his own business, into this kid who still considered himself a catholic but never really was into his religion, finally into this being who, even though confirmed, just disproves the entire existence of miracles and all sorts of other nonsense, and how our life on earth and what we do is all the impact of "God" and what "God" wants for us and for us to do.

Being on my own for the past few months, I guess it's just that I have looked at the probability of a divine, unseen being who lives in the sky as being, well, impossible, and honestly I've become more liberal in my thinking than ever before. I tend to not rely on the presence of a divine figure to go about my ways. Honestly, after observing the topic on multiple occasions, I just cannot see myself being the wholehearted Christian that my church expects me to be.

That being said, I cannot help but honestly say that I believe in the afterlife. I don't explicitly believe in it due to being of the Roman-Catholic religion, but due to personally approaching the topic of death and hoping that we are not just built to expire in a sense, although I know plenty that, as soon as we take our first breath, we're dying slowly.

What I cannot stand though, with a passion, is when people try to force their beliefs on me, regardless of being Chrstian, Atheistic, or overall being Anti-Christian (which deserves its own category, because believe me when I say that a lot of those individuals who call themselves atheists actually don't know the definition and just proceed to bash seven shades of shit out of the Christian religion alone, regardless of it being a fairly large example or not). I don't go around trying to pressure people with my beliefs, shut the fuck up and let me believe in what I want to. Sheesh.

The bible, Which was written Before Crist(B.C.) Told the isreali's to stay away from the sick, Then in the 1800s Louis Pasteur discovered Germs.

It also said that there are and Infinant number of stars, they counted at the time to prove it wrong, they counted 1081. Now we know that there are an infinant number of stars.

There are many other cases of this that I can pick out of the bible knowing things that people of the time it was written didn't. I know that might not be proof but, I does point towards proof.