Kruck
Polar
TBR
[ Council ] Rob

Christianity

Magick

Sam|L A S T Dayz

heavy...

at the end of the day people need to accept that there will never be a 100%, universally accepted explanation of the creation of the earth and its inhabitants.

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TJ

• Marc|Criti

• MikeQ

• Smush

Top Posters In This Topic

More than a few contradictions/fallacies here. Let's sort through them.

1) Why not believe? what have you got too loose by believe in god except basically sex before marriage and drugs (which you can repent at a later date when you are older if you are truely sorry)

There are thousands of religions you could choose from, each with their own form of eternal damnation. Christianity claims to have exclusive truth, meaning that you are denying the validity of any of the other thousands of religions. You are betting on infinity here. And now you can do anything you want and repent at a later date? That's a nice little loophole you've created there.

2) You have a whollllllleeeee lot to gain in that you dont end up spending your entire existance for ever and ever burning in flames...

A few posts later...

I definitely dont agree with threatening non believers with hell either...

Impressive cognitive dissonance you have there.

3) If you believe that a couple of gases created the entire universe this perfect and intricate and that meteors crashing against earth created water, then you are seriously fucked up if you find it stupid to believe that there may just be a god...

Who believes this? Where did you get this from? And what happened to being open minded? Now people are fucked up for believing in the Big Bang (which I think you are referencing here)?

How do you know your "developed very elegant methods of dating, which approximate the Earth to be 4.5 billion years" are accurate? you have nothing to test it on?

No one has travelled "nearly 14 billion lightyears away" to test if this is actually the distance?

It could be less than a lightyear away (i dont know all this science geek stuff) But im just saying

There is absolutely no evidence that the oooh so "very elegant machines" are even accurate at all...

And as for Carbon Dating...

Noone has been around for 4.5billion years how the fuck do they know the (lets just say fossil) is Xbillion years old.

I asked the H.O.D. of Science this at my school and his answer was "we know it because carbon dating tells us that"

Carbon dating measures the decay of the carbon 14 isotope in objects. We know the decay rate, and therefore can date things very accurately this way. There are many proven methods used to date ancient objects. Here is a video that explains different dating methods very well. http://www.youtube.com/user/potholer54?blend=1&ob=4#p/u/9/APEpwkXatbY

We developed a method for dating galaxies and other cosmic objects many years ago based on light intensity of known stars. To sit back and claim these things to be bunk is ridiculous. Take your own advice about being open minded.

Im just saying religions cannot be prooved/disprooved and all this "evidence" atheists believe to be real isnt 100% sound as you may believe it to be...

This is a dishonest and plainly false argument. The burden of proof lies with those making the claim. It is not atheists' responsibility to disprove all of the myths you can generate (although they have disproven most, if not all of them).

Give this link a try. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell's_teapot

Now whether you want to believe it was God or whether you want to believe the entire world was a random act caused by a couple of gases blowing up it is up to you...

Again, where are you getting this from?

Yeah I dont even let the religious people in my house

They are so stuck up and anything you try and say back to them they take it as an offense and start hurling abuse back at you...

*ahem*

The big bang proves god didnt make the world in 10 days or whatever?

Air travel proves theres no heaven up there? :P

Im pretty sure the hadron collidor experiment proves that particles created the universe rather than god?

I'm christian, ofc theres things that can't be proved, thats why it comes down to faith.  Honestly, i'd rather believe in and follow God during my life to get rewarded with heaven after i die, and even if there is no God, hey, atliest i lived a good and honest life.  As for the big bang theory and evolution and whatnot, ive posted this multiple times i think, but ill do it again.  I think that the big bang and God's story of creation can be combined in a way.  The book of Genesis says that God created the world in 7 days.  Most would say, "7 days, the universe was created over billions of years?!?!"  Well, the bible doesn't specify that a 'day' was 24 hours long.  In fact, it doesn't specify any unit of length for a day to be, one day could equal to 100 billion years in real time if you think about it.  Honestly, that's what i believe, ofc no way to prove nor disproove it, aswell as most other things about religion.

In the end, for Christians and most religions, it just comes down to faith, and whether right or wrong, i feel like it can't be a bad thing to have lived my life believing what i believe.

SO basically your religion isnt about faith its about the reward system at the end? This proves how stupid christians are

MikeQ the laboratories in Uruguay are not sophisticated enough.

Sorry.

Quote all you want, but at the end of the day you have to realize your place in the world.

Your engineering diploma doesn't mean anything anymore since I know the source.

At the end of the day we know who lives with good morals and values.

Good luck with your research in Uruguay.

1. You still have not provided any evidence to support yourself.

2. I don't live in Uruguay? I live and study in the U.S.

3. It is obviously not you with the morals, as you have resorted to name calling rather than forming a coherent argument. Not to mention your immediate dismissal of anything coming from Uruguay.

Benny The Leak LMAO

Fucking quit posting  Mike i swear we ended this fucking arguement with a conclusion that both sides are too stubborn to change there way of thinking / open mindedly discuss each other views now your going to start it up again i swear.

Kid l2know when enuf is enuf

Your probly 1 of those assholes who doesnt shutup until you get a fucking smack in the face then run home 2 ur momma

Anyways ill let you come back with your come backs and call me whatever cause I know you will and youll probly spend hours trying to post a few comebacks to get me raging but im not even clicking on this topic again because it was guaranteed to cause hostility in the first place..

So yeah end of the day, Christians and Atheists have made up their minds and it appears no one on this (yes including mysellf) is willing to change their views/beliefs so just leave it at that...

I have yet to resort to any ad hominem attacks. I have specifically addressed the content of your posts. It has been you that has repeatedly told me that I am an idiot and closed minded.

This is a debate forum. I wasn't aware that you and your friend could close a topic because you are incapable of countering an argument.

You are unwilling to consider other possibilities. This is the definition of being closed minded. I imagine you will say the same about me, but this is not the case. When you present a rational argument, I will be more than glad to consider it. The only thing I have heard so far is that you are right and atheists are fucking retarded. Please enlighten me if I am wrong.

Your probly 1 of those assholes who doesnt shutup until you get a fucking smack in the face then run home 2 ur momma

Yeah...no. We can compare e-dicks all day or actually evaluate the merit of others' arguments. I prefer the latter. You know...this thing they call "debating."

Anyways ill let you come back with your come backs and call me whatever cause I know you will and youll probly spend hours trying to post a few comebacks to get me raging but im not even clicking on this topic again because it was guaranteed to cause hostility in the first place..

I have said nothing that should make you rage. As previously stated, I have only addressed attempted arguments.

Try to comprehend what I am saying rather than immediately thinking of a way to insult me. Maybe you will learn something.

Christians - God is real

Atheists - No he isn't prove it..

Christians - Prove he isn't then!

HURRR

BRO I HAVE A PET GOD UNDER MY BED I FEED HIM BLACK PEOPLE ITS TRUE BECAUSE I WRITED IT HERE!

yes let's please ask for proof which cannot be delivered since there isn't any.

it's called faith. if you don't have any, then you're a lost cause.

I won't try to make you believe there is a god since i'm not so sure myself, but all i can say is this:

once you'll be facing your own death, you will believe in god, because you'll be scared shitless.

What awaits you in the afterlife (if there is any)? Being christian and believing in an afterlife is comforting.

And what do you have to lose? After all, if christians are right, you win, and if not, then at least you will have lived without the scare.

And what if there is a god, but its neither christans' or muslims'? What if just the fact that believing there is a god is good enough to him?

Besides, being christian is about loving each other, so if there isn't an afterlife, let's at least live peacefully? wouldn't that be more enjoyable?

Therefore, christianity is about making life easier.

I won't try to make you believe there is a god since i'm not so sure myself, but all i can say is this:

once you'll be facing your own death, you will believe in god, because you'll be scared shitless.

What awaits you in the afterlife (if there is any)? Being christian and believing in an afterlife is comforting.

And what do you have to lose? After all, if christians are right, you win, and if not, then at least you will have lived without the scare.

And what if there is a god, but its neither christans' or muslims'? What if just the fact that believing there is a god is good enough to him?

Besides, being christian is about loving each other, so if there isn't an afterlife, let's at least live peacefully? wouldn't that be more enjoyable?

Sorry, I will NEVER believe in god, whether i'm on my deathbed or not ><

and lold connor.

1. Like i said before, weak.

2. I'm sure he would be extremely proud of you!

i was raised christian.  i dont really go to church, but i believe in God and live an average moral life.  obv there's no 'scientific' proof to proove or disproove existance, so it all comes down to faith.  i question myself at times, but when it comes down to it, i believe/hope there is a God.

1. Like i said before, weak.

2. I'm sure he would be extremely proud of you!

1. Oh my you sure are one tough man. Please teach me.

Being afraid of dying isn't weak. It's natural. And if you're not, you must be looking a bit like this

or you're acting tough on a runescape forum.

2. Have you even tried reading what i said? Bad troll is bad, jews investing the topic, im outa here.

I believe in God because when we die there is going to be another place to live & experience other things.

I'm not really into Christianity but i need something to believe in.

i was raised christian.  i dont really go to church, but i believe in God and live an average moral life.  obv there's no 'scientific' proof to proove or disproove existance, so it all comes down to faith.  i question myself at times, but when it comes down to it, i believe/hope there is a God.

that's where you fail, no one needs to "disprove" his existence, the lack of proof is enough to disprove it.

For example, whilst i can claim there lives a dragon under my bed, you wouldn't need disprove this, because i have absolutely zero proof to prove what i say correct. In the same sense, you have absolutely zero proof to god exists, and as such it is pointless to argue "you can't prove he doesn't exist"

I'm starting to realize that any argument based on the assumption that god exists is completely futile, and as such i probably won't bother debating this nonsense any longer. Anyone with half a brain can come to the conclusion that there's no reason to believe in god, other then the fact that you have nothing else to believe in, and that makes you insecure.

If I wanted to believe in something that didn't exist I'd call a mental clinic to pick me up

There's even EVIDENCE that it's just a made up story, study the Babylonian empire and you'll learn

God does not exist. Stop basing your life around false faith and get a grip with reality.

I connor

i have a question for u.

who else other then god can reveal scientific facts that have been recently known with modern technology in the holy books?

obv not a human

I connor

i have a question for u.

who else other then god can reveal scientific facts that have been recently known with modern technology in the holy books?

obv not a human

a scientist