Perosh.

Munoz - correct

Barao - correct

Abedi - incorrect

Etim - correct

Perosh - correct

4/5.  Sorry about not getting back to you about the bet Octa

Double post, but who cares.

Corner Stoppage 2nd round. TKO. That GnP is vicious. Absolutely vicious.

Give Munoz winner of Sonnen Silva II.

Munoz should get the loser of Belfort/Johnson, winner of Belfort/Johnson should get winner of Silva/Sonnen. Just my opinion though.

In my eyes Leben gave up, a fighter that wants it badly would continue regardless.

Need some help guys! Trying to convince my mum to get my little brother into boxing or some form of modern martial art (Kyokushin Karate, BJJ etc etc). My brother is 10 and isn't big for his age, lately he's been having trouble at school with a few other kids but doesn't fight back because he lacks the confidence. And as you know with bullys, the more you let them get away with the more and more they push you to breaking point. I've tried to explain to her that it'll help him build confidence and if he were to then fight back yes he'd get into trouble, but it'd be worth it because he'd no longer be viewed as a pushover win or lose.

I live in a pretty scummy area in South London and next year he'll be going to the same high school I went to which is brutal as fuck. I don't want him to be beaten up and tormented like some of the kids I saw around so I'm trying my best to convince her..

So far I've mentioned:

> Self defence

> Confidence

> Will help provide a healthy lifestyle

Anything I'm missing that could help me?

(gonna copypasta this into TBFF for anyone there that doesn't use this subforum)

Note, when it comes to confidence it's really hard to just have it. The best way is to pretend you are confident and that's it. 10 is a good age for boxing and most bullies just swing haymakers and lack any technique, explain that with proper technique it's easier to avoid punches and only then if it comes to it will he need to fight back. He isn't going to just go full fucker because he knows how to do karate and shit on everyone.

Tom (Rendition)

I think it will be easier to convince her to let him take up BJJ than boxing or any other striking discipline.  Women don't like the idea of striking.  Just explain that it is like Judo, show her a couple of grappling vids (that show the sport favourably).

Btw, Adam, do you know of any good MMA gyms in the south london area?

Ahh, I know exactly the type of situation you are in, except my area is not really scummy, but there are always bullies.

Lol Adam, personally if I was a bit younger, I would kick the living hell out of any of those bullies, but sadly I'm too old. So the next best thing is for him to man up, he doesn't necessarily need to take multiple classes in other martial arts, just give him confidence, tell him that enough is enough.

Violence may not seem like the answer, but sometimes, it has to be used.

@Smush: I'm 20 so unfortunately I can't play the "my big bro will come down and kick your ass" role :\ I've tried to tell him if he doesn't fight back It's just gonna get worse but he's just too nice a person the last thing he thinks about is resorting to violence. I've tried to explain the concept of self defence and It's ok to fight back if someone starts on you but he's admitted he doesn't want to hit back becuase he's worried he wont hit hard enough. If he were to start some form of combat sport now then at least he'd develop technique and power.

@Tom: The phoenix centre in Wallington used to have Judo and BJJ classes, think there's one in Wimbledon town centre too but not sure what the name is.

@Adam: Yeah I'm trying to explain he wont turn out a cunt because of it lol

Gonna watch the press conference in a bit :)

Predictions for Guida/Henderson? I've got Guida by decision!

It's always free and I never stream. I just have to avoid looking at this topic for a day...

I'm pretty sure ESPN in the UK shows it for free .... I don't get why US customers have to PPV, yet other countries get it for free?

Tom (Rendition)

@Smush: I'm 20 so unfortunately I can't play the "my big bro will come down and kick your ass" role :\ I've tried to tell him if he doesn't fight back It's just gonna get worse but he's just too nice a person the last thing he thinks about is resorting to violence. I've tried to explain the concept of self defence and It's ok to fight back if someone starts on you but he's admitted he doesn't want to hit back becuase he's worried he wont hit hard enough. If he were to start some form of combat sport now then at least he'd develop technique and power.

@Tom: The phoenix centre in Wallington used to have Judo and BJJ classes, think there's one in Wimbledon town centre too but not sure what the name is.

@Adam: Yeah I'm trying to explain he wont turn out a cunt because of it lol

Gonna watch the press conference in a bit :)

Predictions for Guida/Henderson? I've got Guida by decision!

The one in Wimbledon is right by where I work, it's called Hollistic I think.  It's a kickboxing gym primarily, with a bit of grappling on the side.  I was looking more for grappling based, striking on the side.  Too pricey for my liking as well.

Do you know if the Wallington one is any good?

If anybody opened a decent, reasonably priced MMA gym in the southwest they would make a mint.

Asked around about the classes in Wallington and apparently that doesn't happen anymore :\ you could check out Scorpions Muay Thai gym though.

Velasquez/JDS isn't on ESPN for UK fans so I'll be posting a stream 5/10 mins before it starts tonight. You can catch the prelims and most of the main card on facebook. It'll most likely be a sopcast link so download it here: http://www.sopcast.org/ (unless of course you'll be finding your own stream)