MMA Thread

Adam|Note

don't be scared homie.. diaz is going to do work on bj penn. doesn't matter to me either way i like both fighters. im taking kongo and hopefully by knockout.. i hate matt mitrione he's a fucking tool. i'll go with roy nelson, hopefully he has realized that he can't be a fat ass and try and be a title contender. (he does have a granite jaw though) not to excited for the rest of the fights besides for vera.. if he fights aggressively he's dangerous as hell.. we'll see. a trained and ready brandon vera is a good one.

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Adam|Note

• Smush

• Octavarium

• Flex

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Vera had all the skill sets to be a champion, the problem was he got way too cocky, lol at him thinking he was going to hold a title in 205 and heavyweight. I want Vera to stage a comeback. He hasn't been the same since he got Jon Jones'd.

Don't ever count out BJ Penn though, he's only lost to the best of the best (Edgar, GSP, Hughes). Nick Diaz is too arrogant, full of himself, and I just don't like his attitude. I hope he gets submitted by the Prodigy.

Kongo is nothing more than a gatekeeper, beating Pat Barry is no real achievement. Mitrione will probably destroy him.

dat nose break

Just realised Ramsey Nijem's on the card, love the kid I hope he can bounce back after getting his ass handed to him by that mug.

dat nose break

Just realised Ramsey Nijem's on the card, love the kid I hope he can bounce back after getting his ass handed to him by that mug.

ye but tbh after watching the prefight interviews I really want Danny Downes to win.

All in all a pretty average card imo, nothing really shocking other than the fact MMA lost two legends in one night :(

I don't know if any of you follow Muay Thai but at this house party last night Michael Wakeling (Brother of Steve Wakeling, 2011 supermiddleweight world champ) was there with his girlfriend, they were a friend of the girls family or something. But yeah goddam, had a little chat to him about training, competeing and then let him get on with his night didn't wanna bug him and get my ass beat.

Got the first 3 right and I got the Vera fight right even though I was expecting a KO .. Vera needs another easy fight I think to get his confidence back.

Wtf Penn, you were supposed to be the prodigy. I think BJ Penn could have done so much more in the sport, a shame he had to go. And Cro Cop can't compete with the elite of the elite in the heavyweight division, his wrestling is lacking.

Diaz vs GSP in February ... GSP said this about Diaz ..

Nick Diaz is the most disrespectful human being I've ever met, and I'm going to put the worst beating you've ever seen on him in the UFC

OHHH IT'S ONNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I got the main card all right. This is getting tiring being right all the time.

wasn't too good a card but ye I enjoyed it. I also called Donald Cerrone fight. FUCK YES COWBOY LAD!!!!! He really is one to watch at 155. He also picked up sub of the night. In his interview Joe Rogan "what's next?" "well I'm going to be a pirate for halloween so I'm pretty excited about that" What a legend.

Place your bets

zS8ETPHDAF0

So far, I'm thinking Dos Santos via TKO 2nd or 3rd RD.

Oh Mark Munoz is fighting this weekend against Leben, first 5 rounder non-title fight. Munoz is my favorite fighter, I got Munoz via GNP 3rd RD.

certainly won't be going to decision anyway... so lmao

You saw how excellent JDS' boxing is in the Carwin fight. I thought Carwin was going to win but that technique is good.

Think Cain will win eventually. His performance against Brock was just amazing. It's gonna be awesome fight though, two ammazing mma'ers. Think JDS will come out strong but won't make it eventually. We'll see.

You saw how excellent JDS' boxing is in the Carwin fight. I thought Carwin was going to win but that technique is good.

lol there's no guarantees in mma so it could happen both talented heavyweights, anything can happen in this sport

lol there's no guarantees in mma so it could happen both talented heavyweights, anything can happen in this sport

The last time a heavyweight title fight went 25 minutes Tim Sylvia was in the UFC. Since then there's a completely new breed of heavyweights with outstanding knockout power, there's more chance of Fitch not putting on a boring fight than JDS/Velasquez lasting 5 rounds.

Tom (Rendition)

I think we should start putting betting rsgp on the main events?

UFC 138

Munoz

Barao

Abedi

Etim

Perosh.

Anybody want to bet against me?  Not big money, maybe 1mil per bout.  Rates would be according to booky rates.

I would bet but you've picked some of my fighters already.

I'll bet leben to beat munoz, alves to beat abedi, Diabaté to beat Perosh though. 1m ea? which booky?

The Adam|Note booky mwahahaha

I'm pretty sure you're both decent enough to just take eachothers word for it seeing as It's only 1m per fight.

If I still played I'd do Leben to beat Munoz & Alvez to beat Abedi with you Tom.

By the way does anybody know if Velasquez/JDS will be on ESPN for UK viewers?

Yeah, I see where you're coming from, but Munoz is my boy. He needs to work on his MMA wrestling, I mean pure wrestling wise, the guy should be top 5. Let's hope he lands some bombs via GnP.