Kruck
Polar
TBR
[ Council ] Rob

~ Grand Anime Thread ~

Marten

about time an anime thread popped up :D i prefer reading manga though :D

do love me some good anime tho.

Usually if something really peaks my interest I do take time to go through the manga, sadly not possible to buy any in my country so I rely on kissmanga

i use mangahere or mangafox. 

ive read a lot of the ones youve watched on ya first post haha. some good choices :D

Thank you.

I used to use mangahere, but it just was more convenient to go for kissmanga since it's only 1 click away from anime :P

I think the first manga I ever took on to read was Ichigo 100%, wish i hadn't cuz I felt my heart broken still do when i think about it.

Edited by WickedAnimeEye

ive read a lot of the ones youve watched on ya first post haha. some good choices :D

Thank you.

I used to use mangahere, but it just was more convenient to go for kissmanga since it's only 1 click away from anime :P

I think the first manga I ever took on to read was Ichigo 100%, wish i hadn't cuz I felt my heart broken still do when i think about it.

Well if you liked that kind of manga, i know loads than will chew and spit out your heart :D

Thank you.

Well if you liked that kind of manga, i know loads than will chew and spit out your heart :D

equivalent to cutting myself, not rlly fond of since i dont have many happy days I want to make unhappy with that kind of stuff :D

• 2 weeks later...

@Diable Jambe have you caught some good 2015 winter season new releases?

Currently enjoying World Trigger and Aldnoah Zero 2nd season, there couple more but nothing really that significant for me to mention tbh.

Ten More Anime - Film Edition

Most of them you can find on http://kissanime.com/

Karas
LwZEKCI.gif

Want to see some awesome battles with stunning visuals that mix 3D and 2D art together in an amazing way? Then this is the series for you. Want to have a coherent story and understand what’s fully going on? This isn’t the series for you then. Karas, while having some of the best graphics out there, is purely a style over substance movie, but damnit, that style is worth it. This is a series of OVAs, which I consider short films, so it’s on this list for its stunning style and action. The story itself is very hard to follow, so this is the equivalent of a movie to watch when you want to either turn your brain off for a while and just be awed by visuals or turn it on and work overtime to figure out the plot. Whatever you want to do, I’d recommend checking Karas out for how it helped cement 3D animation in anime.

Genre: Dark Fantasy, Action, Supernatural

Memories

7kvqzs7.gif

Memories is a film with three different “Episodes” held within. All three stories are told with music, and each story has a different vibe to it. Honestly, the best part of this film is the “Magnetic Rose” with the other two parts “Stink Bomb” and “Cannon Fodder” falling a little flat in comparison. Magnetic Rose follows the story of a deep space salvage freighter who encounters a distress signal and finds out they’ve bitten off more than they can chew after responding to a distress call. This leads them on a paranormal and operatic tale. Stink Bomb follows a lab technician named Nobuo Tanaka as he battles the flue and accidentally takes some experiment pills instead of his cold medication that cause him to develop deadly body odor. Cannon Fodder is about a boy inside a walled city where everyone’s livelihood depends on maintaining and firing the giant cannons that take up most of the city. Almost every building has one of these canons, and they are fired daily. The city is constantly surrounded by dust and clouds as they fire at an enemy hey can’t even see or hear. I’d recommend giving this a watch if only for Magnetic Rose.

Genre: Sci-fi, Space Opera, Orchestra

Roujin Z

76aIgR9.gif

I’m sad this movie isn’t too well known because it is awesome. It’s a weird, quirky sci fi that deserves some love. The story is set in the early twenty first century Japan and follows an old man named Kiyuro Takazawa. Kiyuro has “volunteered” to help test a new type of hospital bed with robotic features that can take complete care of a patient. However, the bed is ran by its own nuclear power reactor, and if the test goes wrong, the patient and the bed would be automatically sealed in concrete. Kiyuro is an old dying widower, so he’s the best choice for such a thing, right? This story is already strange, but it gets even stranger as more is discovered about the bed and Kiyuro finds an interesting and impossible way to contact a nurse named Haruko to help him. The story is a fun and unique action thriller with a lot of laughs. This is the kind of film only Japan could make. You’ll also enjoy some of the prods at medical practitioners if you’re in that profession.

Genre: Comedy-drama, Satire, Science Fiction

Grave of the Fireflies

tw9wih8.gif

I didn’t want to include a Studio Ghibli film because those are really well known and beloved in America, but I’ve found that a surprisingly large number of people haven’t seen this film. This film is amazing. It’s an emotional rollercoaster that will have you weeping in the corner. I know I did. The story starts with a boy dying of starvation after the end of World War II. Yeah. That’s how it starts. The majority of the film shows how the boy and his younger sister lived during World War II. Yeah, this is a tearjerker film. I’m about to cry as I type this. Watch this film. Like, now. Go do it. Put down your phone/laptop/futuristic device and go watch this- unless you’re going to watch it on said device. Then hold onto it as tightly as you can and get some tissues.

Genre: Drama

Kakurenbo

I9f4BH3.gif

This is an awesome short film. The story follows Hikora, a boy who joins a game of “Otokoyo” or “Man Hunt”, which is basically a version of hide and seek played by kids wearing fox masks. Kids who play the game are said to be spirited away through the game. Hikora decides to partake in this game in an attempt to find his missing sister, Sorincha. I’d recommend this film for sure. It’s eerie, charming and thrilling. It’s also short and nicely wrapped up, making it a quick watch.

Genre: Thriller, Mystery

Summer Wars

b9XcXyv.gif

Summer Wars is a movie you can watch with kids and be entertained. The story follows Kenji Koiso, a young mathematically gifted student who also works part time as a moderator in a massive virtual reality world along with his friend Takashi Sakuma. The story follows Kenji as he meets his family, learns interesting details and receives a mysterious mathematical code that he manages to crack. Something goes amiss though, and an AI begins to take control of Kenji’s account and cause havoc all over the virtual reality. The rest of the film is a touch and go battle against the AI that contains a lot of heart and charm.

Genre: Sci-fi, Drama, Action

Short Peace

9oMZ2g4.gif

A relatively newer film, Short Peace is a series of four short anime films, all by different directors. Each film has a different story and setting with only the theme of “Japan” connecting all four, with each film representing a time in the country’s history. Because the films are all directed by different people, the animation and style is all unique and interesting. The first film follows a traveler as they’re confronted by unusual spirits in an old shrine. The second is a story of love, firefighting and honor in ancient japan. The third is about a strange white bear who defends a royal family against a red demon, and the final one is set in an apocalyptic Tokyo that follows militaristic man in robotic tanks. All of these are unique and captivating to watch. However, there is no film for a “modern” era, as that is represented through a game that is tied into all the films. All of these are worth checking out.

Genre: I don’t even know man

Tokyo Godfathers

XJrgtCT.gif

This is a feel good movie. Watch this after watching Grave of the Fireflies. The movie focuses a lot on how small coincides and little ties in life can affect the grand scheme of things and even lead to what seem like miracles. The story follows tree homeless people in modern day Tokyo as they find an abandoned newborn. The baby is found with a bag of clues as to who the parents are and a note asking for the finder to take good care of the infant. The trio decides to set out and find the parents of the child. The story follows them as little choices by little choices make up their path and set them up for a wonderful tale.

Genre: Drama, Comedy

Blood: The Last Vampire

v6OgLph.gif

This is another visually stunning film that will make your blood boil. Blood is another important anime film for advancing how animation was done at the time. The style to this film is wonderful, gritty and sleek. The story is set in 1966 and follows a girl named Saya who hunts down bat like creatures named Chiropterans, basically, vampires. We follow Saya as she’s sent into a school to hunt down a vampire. The story is very simple, but it does the job to get what we need: some heart pounding action and awesome visuals. I’d recommend this if you’ve never seen it.

Genre: Action, Horror

Kara No Kyokai

U8tzw45.gif

This is a seven part film series with one OVA to add to it as well. The story follows the heiress of the Ryogi clan, Shiki and her classmate Mikiya Kokuto. All seven films are a collective narrative, but they’re a bit out of order. This series isn’t for the faint of heart. The show does dive into rape, suicide, parental murder, normal murder and incest. The story itself follows Mikiya and Shiki as mysterious deaths begin to occur in their town. As Mikiya begins to try and explore the deaths and get closer to Shiki, he finds that she may somehow be connected. This leads him to startling realizations and a world of horror opens up before him.

Genre: Action, Romance, Supernatural Thriller

@Diable Jambe have you caught some good 2015 winter season new releases?

Currently enjoying World Trigger and Aldnoah Zero 2nd season, there couple more but nothing really that significant for me to mention tbh.

yoo, been on holiday :D ive been watching Shinmai Maou no Testament, Ansatsu Kyoushits & Durarara 2nd Season. Ive got so much to catch up on. I have like 15 animes to watch/start ): need more hours in a day

Is tokyo ghoul worth watching? I can't get passed episode 7 cuz the main char is so spineless ...

Parasyte is amazing (we all know that)

And is anyone keeping up with aldnoah? Shits legendary tbh 

Btw let me into ur squad plz

Is tokyo ghoul worth watching? I can't get passed episode 7 cuz the main char is so spineless ...

Parasyte is amazing (we all know that)

And is anyone keeping up with aldnoah? Shits legendary tbh 

Btw let me into ur squad plz

all u need is to be active here. Tokyo Ghoul is pretty ok, hop on the hype train :P

I've read parasyte manga, good stuff right there.

And im lovign aldnoah, keeps reminding me of code geass and evangelion.

Welcome to #hentai official hub on foe forums :P

Insecurities

OMG I love SAO II even more than the first season.

Sinon new best girl.

Edited by Insecurities

Sinon new best girl.

screw that SAO1 will always be one of the greatest animes. s2 i think just had too much to match in s1 therefore people think s2 is lackluster but it's still pretty decent

Sinon new best girl.

screw that SAO1 will always be one of the greatest animes. s2 i think just had too much to match in s1 therefore people think s2 is lackluster but it's still pretty decent

So you say you both liked in general, what was it that made you like it? The drama part? I can tell the first 8 episodes of SAO were proper, they knew what they wanted to make and tried to make, after that it was just confusing to me, were they airing drama or comedy or tragedy or whatever else bs it was. Then it only got good again at last episode of SAO2.

Maybe I had too many expectations because that shit was hyped af.

Sinon new best girl.

So you say you both liked in general, what was it that made you like it? The drama part? I can tell the first 8 episodes of SAO were proper, they knew what they wanted to make and tried to make, after that it was just confusing to me, were they airing drama or comedy or tragedy or whatever else bs it was. Then it only got good again at last episode of SAO2.

Maybe I had too many expectations because that shit was hyped af.

The romance in sao1 was A++ then in sao2 the romance felt like a c- and the seriousness from the anime fell apart and it felt like a comedy lol. was terrible.

I haven't seen the last episode because im not wasting time on it anymore.

Sao overhyped but asune is a bae so is shinon but sao 1 > 2 but both were mediocer coulda done alot more with it overhyped as fuck

Have you read the sao novels? Sao 2 let it down so much, go read the novel, much better

that is the problem with adaptations, good novels can be adapted into garbage and vice versa. I'll give it a look  :smile:

• 3 weeks later...

Ten More Anime - Film Edition

Most of them you can find on http://kissanime.com/

Karas
LwZEKCI.gif

Want to see some awesome battles with stunning visuals that mix 3D and 2D art together in an amazing way? Then this is the series for you. Want to have a coherent story and understand what’s fully going on? This isn’t the series for you then. Karas, while having some of the best graphics out there, is purely a style over substance movie, but damnit, that style is worth it. This is a series of OVAs, which I consider short films, so it’s on this list for its stunning style and action. The story itself is very hard to follow, so this is the equivalent of a movie to watch when you want to either turn your brain off for a while and just be awed by visuals or turn it on and work overtime to figure out the plot. Whatever you want to do, I’d recommend checking Karas out for how it helped cement 3D animation in anime.

Genre: Dark Fantasy, Action, Supernatural

Memories

7kvqzs7.gif

Memories is a film with three different “Episodes” held within. All three stories are told with music, and each story has a different vibe to it. Honestly, the best part of this film is the “Magnetic Rose” with the other two parts “Stink Bomb” and “Cannon Fodder” falling a little flat in comparison. Magnetic Rose follows the story of a deep space salvage freighter who encounters a distress signal and finds out they’ve bitten off more than they can chew after responding to a distress call. This leads them on a paranormal and operatic tale. Stink Bomb follows a lab technician named Nobuo Tanaka as he battles the flue and accidentally takes some experiment pills instead of his cold medication that cause him to develop deadly body odor. Cannon Fodder is about a boy inside a walled city where everyone’s livelihood depends on maintaining and firing the giant cannons that take up most of the city. Almost every building has one of these canons, and they are fired daily. The city is constantly surrounded by dust and clouds as they fire at an enemy hey can’t even see or hear. I’d recommend giving this a watch if only for Magnetic Rose.

Genre: Sci-fi, Space Opera, Orchestra

Roujin Z

76aIgR9.gif

I’m sad this movie isn’t too well known because it is awesome. It’s a weird, quirky sci fi that deserves some love. The story is set in the early twenty first century Japan and follows an old man named Kiyuro Takazawa. Kiyuro has “volunteered” to help test a new type of hospital bed with robotic features that can take complete care of a patient. However, the bed is ran by its own nuclear power reactor, and if the test goes wrong, the patient and the bed would be automatically sealed in concrete. Kiyuro is an old dying widower, so he’s the best choice for such a thing, right? This story is already strange, but it gets even stranger as more is discovered about the bed and Kiyuro finds an interesting and impossible way to contact a nurse named Haruko to help him. The story is a fun and unique action thriller with a lot of laughs. This is the kind of film only Japan could make. You’ll also enjoy some of the prods at medical practitioners if you’re in that profession.

Genre: Comedy-drama, Satire, Science Fiction

Grave of the Fireflies

tw9wih8.gif

I didn’t want to include a Studio Ghibli film because those are really well known and beloved in America, but I’ve found that a surprisingly large number of people haven’t seen this film. This film is amazing. It’s an emotional rollercoaster that will have you weeping in the corner. I know I did. The story starts with a boy dying of starvation after the end of World War II. Yeah. That’s how it starts. The majority of the film shows how the boy and his younger sister lived during World War II. Yeah, this is a tearjerker film. I’m about to cry as I type this. Watch this film. Like, now. Go do it. Put down your phone/laptop/futuristic device and go watch this- unless you’re going to watch it on said device. Then hold onto it as tightly as you can and get some tissues.

Genre: Drama

Kakurenbo

I9f4BH3.gif

This is an awesome short film. The story follows Hikora, a boy who joins a game of “Otokoyo” or “Man Hunt”, which is basically a version of hide and seek played by kids wearing fox masks. Kids who play the game are said to be spirited away through the game. Hikora decides to partake in this game in an attempt to find his missing sister, Sorincha. I’d recommend this film for sure. It’s eerie, charming and thrilling. It’s also short and nicely wrapped up, making it a quick watch.

Genre: Thriller, Mystery

Summer Wars

b9XcXyv.gif

Summer Wars is a movie you can watch with kids and be entertained. The story follows Kenji Koiso, a young mathematically gifted student who also works part time as a moderator in a massive virtual reality world along with his friend Takashi Sakuma. The story follows Kenji as he meets his family, learns interesting details and receives a mysterious mathematical code that he manages to crack. Something goes amiss though, and an AI begins to take control of Kenji’s account and cause havoc all over the virtual reality. The rest of the film is a touch and go battle against the AI that contains a lot of heart and charm.

Genre: Sci-fi, Drama, Action

Short Peace

9oMZ2g4.gif

A relatively newer film, Short Peace is a series of four short anime films, all by different directors. Each film has a different story and setting with only the theme of “Japan” connecting all four, with each film representing a time in the country’s history. Because the films are all directed by different people, the animation and style is all unique and interesting. The first film follows a traveler as they’re confronted by unusual spirits in an old shrine. The second is a story of love, firefighting and honor in ancient japan. The third is about a strange white bear who defends a royal family against a red demon, and the final one is set in an apocalyptic Tokyo that follows militaristic man in robotic tanks. All of these are unique and captivating to watch. However, there is no film for a “modern” era, as that is represented through a game that is tied into all the films. All of these are worth checking out.

Genre: I don’t even know man

Tokyo Godfathers

XJrgtCT.gif

This is a feel good movie. Watch this after watching Grave of the Fireflies. The movie focuses a lot on how small coincides and little ties in life can affect the grand scheme of things and even lead to what seem like miracles. The story follows tree homeless people in modern day Tokyo as they find an abandoned newborn. The baby is found with a bag of clues as to who the parents are and a note asking for the finder to take good care of the infant. The trio decides to set out and find the parents of the child. The story follows them as little choices by little choices make up their path and set them up for a wonderful tale.

Genre: Drama, Comedy

Blood: The Last Vampire

v6OgLph.gif

This is another visually stunning film that will make your blood boil. Blood is another important anime film for advancing how animation was done at the time. The style to this film is wonderful, gritty and sleek. The story is set in 1966 and follows a girl named Saya who hunts down bat like creatures named Chiropterans, basically, vampires. We follow Saya as she’s sent into a school to hunt down a vampire. The story is very simple, but it does the job to get what we need: some heart pounding action and awesome visuals. I’d recommend this if you’ve never seen it.

Genre: Action, Horror

Kara No Kyokai

U8tzw45.gif

This is a seven part film series with one OVA to add to it as well. The story follows the heiress of the Ryogi clan, Shiki and her classmate Mikiya Kokuto. All seven films are a collective narrative, but they’re a bit out of order. This series isn’t for the faint of heart. The show does dive into rape, suicide, parental murder, normal murder and incest. The story itself follows Mikiya and Shiki as mysterious deaths begin to occur in their town. As Mikiya begins to try and explore the deaths and get closer to Shiki, he finds that she may somehow be connected. This leads him to startling realizations and a world of horror opens up before him.

Genre: Action, Romance, Supernatural Thriller

gonna check these out

maybe I should make one of those things aswell, what are the perks of having mal acc?

You keep track of what you watch and can share with other people your anime interests. You can also compare your list to other people to find new animes you might like. When you go on somebody's else profile it tells you the % of similarity you have with that person. 

Edited by Mafia_Boy