More Anime Movies For Older Audience

Marten

TL;DR

Ghost in The Shell

tumblr_nkkjtizyE51sb6s2ro1_400.gif

In the year 2029, the barriers of our world have been broken down by the net and by cybernetics, but this brings new vulnerability to humans

in the form of brain-hacking. When a highly-wanted hacker known as 'The Puppetmaster' begins involving them in politics, Section 9,

a group of cybernetically enhanced cops, are called in to investigate and stop the Puppetmaster.

The pursuit will call into question what makes a human and what is the Puppetmaster

in a world where the distinction between human and machine is increasingly blurry.

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uMNtOQOaLU

Paprika

KjVRdFh.gif

In the near future, a revolutionary new psychotherapy treatment called PT has been invented. Through a device called the "DC Mini"
it is able to act as a "dream detective" to enter into people's dreams and explore their unconscious thoughts.
Before the government can pass a bill authorizing the use of such advanced psychiatric technology, one of the prototypes is stolen,
sending the research facility into an uproar. In the wrong hands, the potential misuse of the device could be devastating,
allowing the user to completely annihilate a dreamer's personality while they are asleep.

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZKXXNCkrf4

Perfect Blue

yHGVvnL.gif

Mima Kirigoe, a member of a pop-idol group called "CHAM!", decides to quit singing to pursue a career as an actress.
Some of her fans are displeased with this decision though, particularly a stalker named Me-Mania.
As Mima progresses into her new career, those close to her are violently murdered one by one,
and Mima begins to lose the ability to distinguish reality from fantasy.

Trailer:

Tekkon Kinkreet

h48T74p.gif

Black and White are two orphans who roam the streets of Treasure Town, beating down any thug or yakuza who gets in their way.

When mysterious foreign entrepreneurs appear with the intention of tearing down Treasure Town and replacing it with an amusement park,

Black and White face their greatest adversaries yet. It is up to the destructive Black to save the fate of the city and up to the gentle White to

save Black from his own dark nature.

Trailer:

Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade

gfL6KNh.gif

After witnessing the suicide bombing of a terrorist girl, Constable Kazuki Fuse becomes haunted by her image,

and is forced to undergo retraining for his position in the Capital Police's Special Unit. However, unknown to him,

he becomes a key player in a dispute between Capital and Local Police forces,

as he finds himself increasingly involved with the sister of the very girl he saw die.

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oui3kAkUqE

Tokyo Godfathers

jkMgxts.gif

Three homeless companions—a runaway girl, a transvestite, and an alcoholic—find an abandoned newborn on Christmas Eve

while foraging through trash. Using clues found next to the baby, they fan out through Tokyo to find the parents,

along the way confronting reminders of their own lives they have nearly abandoned.

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Q6mcx2qF4Q

Millennium Actress

yvlCPbn.gif

When Studio Gin'ei commissions filmmaker Gen'ya Tachibana to make a documentary in commemoration of its 70th anniversary,

he travels to a secluded mountain lodge to interview the idol of his youth, the enigmatic Chiyoko Fujiwara,

who was the studio's leading lady from the 1930s until the 1960s. As Chiyoko reminisces about her life,

Tachibana and his cameraman suddenly find themselves on a rich and dazzling journey through time.

Chiyoko's films and personal memories intertwine with present events and stretch the boundaries of reality.

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpGrD5wUzKE

The Place Promised in Our Early Days

L850nmT.gif

In an alternate timeline, Japan was divided after losing World War II: Hokkaido was annexed by "Union" while Honshu and other southern islands

were under US sovereignty. A gigantic yet mysterious tower was constructed at Hokkaido and could be seen clearly from

Aomori (the northernmost prefecture of Honshu) across Tsugaru Strait. In the summer of 1996, three 9th-graders had made a promise

that one day they'll build an aircraft and unravel the tower's mystery, but their project was abandoned after the girl, Sayuri Sawatari,

began experiencing sleeping sickness and transferred to Tokyo for better treatment. Three years later, Hiroki Fujisawa accidentally found out

that Sayuri had been in a coma since then, and he asked Takuya Shirakawa to help him finding a way to revive her.

What they don't know yet is that Sayuri's unconsciousness is somehow linked with secrets of the tower and the world.

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TfaSrWDv4s

Dead Leaves

AbSlVHW.gif

Pandy and Retro awaken naked on Earth with no recollection of their past.

They embark on a devastating crime spree in search of food, clothing and transportation, but are captured by authorities

and sent to the infamous lunar penitentiary named Dead Leaves. While incarcerated, they quickly discover that Dead Leaves is also

a top-secret cloning facility, occupied by villainous guards and deformed genetic experiments. Ultra-manic chaos and hyper-violent bedlam ensue

as they organize a prison break with the aid of their fellow mutant inmates.

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rT9-l9SkihI

Grave of the Fireflies

IQdhL9u.gif

In the aftermath of a World War II bombing, two orphaned children struggle to survive in the Japanese countryside.

To Seita and his four-year-old sister, the helplessness and indifference of their countrymen is even more painful than the enemy raids.

Through desperation, hunger and grief, these children's lives are as heartbreakingly fragile as their spirit and love is inspiring.

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vPeTSRd580

Redline

hn3p3AI.gif

Redline is about the biggest and most deadly racing tournament in the universe. Only held once every five years,

everyone wants to stake their claim to fame, including JP, a reckless dare-devil driver oblivious to speed limits with his ultra-customized car—

all the while, organized crime and militaristic governments want to leverage the race to their own ends.

Amongst the other elite rival drivers in the tournament, JP falls for the alluring Sonoshee—

but will she prove his undoing, or can a high speed romance survive a mass destruction race?

Trailer:

Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind

PHZdIzy.gif

A thousand years after a global war, a seaside kingdom known as the Valley Of The Wind remains one of only a few areas still populated.

Led by the courageous Princess Nausicaä, the people of the Valley are engaged in a constant struggle with powerful insects called ohmu,

who guard a poisonous jungle that is spreading across the Earth. Nausicaä and her brave companions, together with the people of the Valley,

strive to restore the bond between humanity and the Earth.

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j53xyVamZLs

The Garden of Words

k0i4GxY.gif

We have met, for each of us to walk forward. Takao, who is training to become a shoemaker, skipped school and is sketching shoes

in a Japanese-style garden. He meets a mysterious woman, Yukino, who is older than him. Then, without arranging the times,

the two start to see each other again and again, but only on rainy days. They deepen their relationship and open up to each other.

But the end of the rainy season soon approaches... 

Trailer(couldn't find a good english version): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udDIkl6z8X0

Oseam

CYPxBSi.gif

The animation is based on the fairy tale of the same name with the local sale over 100,000 copies by Jeong Chae-bong,

a writer well known for his innocent and heart-stirring tales. It is a story about two orphans, Gil-son, a five-year-old boy,

and his blind sister Gam-i who are brought up by a charitable monk at a secluded temple in Mt. Seorak. Gil-son, a mischievous boy,

is the guide for this hour-long travel in search of innocence. Having a pure heart, he befriends all living things and communicates with clouds,

birds and flowers. One snowy day, however...

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0EndNeYshM

The Perfect World of Kai

rUnf7Mt.gif

Amamiya Shuuhei moves from Tokyo to the country side due to his grandmother's bad health. His father is a famous pianist and Shuuhei

has taken strict piano lessons since he was very young, aspiring to follow in his footsteps. In school, he is teased by his classmates and is dared

to play the piano in the forest. This piano is said to be cursed: if you play it, no sound will come. After school, Ichinose Kai, a boy in the same class,

takes Shuuhei to the forest. When Shuuhei tries to play he fails, but Kai plays a wonderful song. This is the beginning of a strong friendship,

and a story of two very different boys developing their skills as musicians.

Trailer:

The Wind Rises

WHgkqts.gif

Jirou dreams of flying and designing beautiful airplanes, inspired by the famous Italian aeronautical designer Caproni.

Nearsighted from a young age and thus unable to become a pilot, Jirou joins the aircraft division of a major Japanese engineering company in 1927.

His genius is soon recognized, and he grows to become one of the world's most accomplished airplane designers.

Key historical events deeply affected the course of Jirou's life, including the great Kanto earthquake of 1923, the Great Depression,

the tuberculosis epidemic, and Japan's plunge into war. He meets and falls in love with Naoko, grows and cherishes his friendship with his

colleague Honjou, and innovates tremendously, leading the aviation world into the future.

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imtdgdGOB6Q

Edited by WickedAnimeEye

Tl;dr

Version 1: Watch the trailers

Version 2:

Ghost in the shell: naked chick throws herself off a skyscraper and not even 2mins into the movie,not a clue wtf they are investigationg but, aye u got my attention. The movie itself raises couple philosophical questiosn aswell, I like cracking down on my brain

Paprika: The fuck did i just watch? Brain fatal error: mindfuck overload

Paprika predecessor: Perfect Blue

Tekkon Kinkreet: kyaah! boom bom bang bang, good side wins. The end

Jin-Roh: No srs, this is a proper movie you will not regret watching, guaranteed, promised, 100% refund

Tokyo Godfathers: Your perfect "feel-good" movie

Millenium Actress: That lady had one helluva life

The Place where is my promised booty.

Dead Leaves: Lets eat some shrooms and start storywriting!

Ah yes, Grave of the Fireflies. Being emotionally devastated will make for a perfect wednesday evening; The best movie you will never want to see again; My world history teacher in High School made us watch it. I've never seen a room with so many emotionally wrecked teenagers in it; etc

Redline: Fast and Furious rewritten and animated into a good movie

Nausicaä: Empire Strikes Back nature version

Garden of Words: ethalon of romance

Oseam: another bloody tearjerker, why did I find you?! Refer to Grave of the Fireflies

The Perfect World of Kai: FRIENDSHIP! ship it all to me!

The Wind Rises: they call every new Miyazaki movie a next level masterpieces, this is his latest.

Edited by WickedAnimeEye

Lol i dont watch anime breh

never even seen a pixar movie or one of the disney movies? Hypocrite  :tongue:

Edited by WickedAnimeEye

At first i thought this wouldcbe hentai, considering the title :o

At first I was prepared for people to react to it like hentai. For which I got some suggestiosn aswell  :cool:

Edited by WickedAnimeEye

Will c w/e i gotta grind 99 def on some account ;] 

Perhaps I'll give it a shot

with these lvling rs accs has never been faster  :wub2: