[ High Council ] Colin
don
Kruck
Polar
TBR
[ Council ] Rob

MMA Thread

Adam|Note

Was expecting JDS to get the win using his boxing but not that fast god damn! Congrats to Dos Santos I'm sure he's gonna be the champ for a long time.

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Adam|Note

• Smush

• Octavarium

• Flex

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tom (Rendition)

Overeem will beat Brock.

Mir will beat Noguera

Overeem will fight JDS.  JDS will win.

Mir will fight Kongo.  Mir wins

Mir fights Valasquez.  Valasquez wins

Valasquez fights JDS.  Valasquez wins. 

My prediction of the next 8 months, probably not very accurate, but the point, give it 10 months and Valasquez will be champ again.

Overeem will beat Brock.

You got a lot of things wrong ...

Brock will destroy Overeem. Overeem is the most overrated HW, he gasses out too quickly, bad ground game.

Cain has a glass chin, he got rocked by Kongo and when faced with the best boxer in MMA, he gets killed.

Brock will beat JDS for the belt, and then have his revenge upon Cain who beats Mir for title contention.

ye i don't like GSP that much either. He's nice and technical and disciplined but he's way too safe.

agreed, sticky this.

JDS to beat brock, in the same way Cain beat brock.

Tom (Rendition)

Brock was shitting himself when getting hit by Cain.  Overeem is a better striker then Cain, he won't be able to handle it.  Overeem just needs to defend the take down and he is OK.  I agree that Overeem is overrated, but I don't rate Brock at all, all that he has is beast strength, his wrestling hasn't impressed me in the UFC yet, and he's an absolute mess standing up.

Overeem will beat Brock.

Mir will beat Noguera

Overeem will fight JDS.  JDS will win.

Mir will fight Kongo.  Mir wins

Mir fights Valasquez.  Valasquez wins

Valasquez fights JDS.  Valasquez wins. 

My prediction of the next 8 months, probably not very accurate, but the point, give it 10 months and Valasquez will be champ again.

You need to add Carwin somewhere into the mix.

Lesnar vs Overeem is gonna be pretty hard to predict, if it goes to the ground then Brock is gonna take it for sure but if it stays standing then Overeem has an amazing advantage... but then even with Brocks pretty bad striking if he connects with one punch he has the power to knock you down and then get mount. The heavyweight division now is full of one punch knockout potential from everyone inside to top 5.

ufc 139 looks like a great card.

Shogun is back on track after he beats Henderson.

That's *if* he beats Hendo ;)

Overeem is overrated in striking, the guy was getting beat on his feat by Werdum, what a joke.

His TDD is lacking as well so I can see Brock pummeling him with hammer fists on the ground.

The HW division just got more interesting though, too many good fighters in the mix and it could go either way. Pretty much the LHW and HW division are the only division I get excited about because they keep bringing in new champions lol.

WK7TrTBrddQ

awwwww yeaaaaa, GSP standing up and talking shit. let's do this

Meh, I still prefer the heavier fighters. Moving around at 135, 145 is all right, but moving at the same speed at 205 and 255, that's impressive.

SAME SPEED? sure it's cool watching heavy weights moving "quickly", but they can't come anywhere near the speed of the 135/145 class

WK7TrTBrddQ

awwwww yeaaaaa, GSP standing up and talking shit. let's do this

Meh, I still prefer the heavier fighters. Moving around at 135, 145 is all right, but moving at the same speed at 205 and 255, that's impressive.

SAME SPEED? sure it's cool watching heavy weights moving "quickly", but they can't come anywhere near the speed of the 135/145 class

Old video is old. Already quoted this 2 weeks ago. And of course I don't mean same speed, I'm saying it's generally more entertaining to see two heavyweights fight instead of two manlets. #justsayin

Just noticed GSP vs Diaz is supposed to be superbowl weekend, but isn't Sonnen vs Silva II supposed to be superbowl weekend too?

Middleweight & Welterweight double header yes please :D