• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gfdgfd

• 1nc0mp4r4bl3

• Octavarium

• Sam|Stop Lying

I've been waiting for this to be bumped... NEW DREAM THEATER SONG!!

oasnbzEMV08

Nice, wasn't aware they were already working on new material. I suppose they chose Mangini as the replacement?

The song sounded quite good but like always with DT songs you gotta listen to them a few times until you can say anything :p

Octavarium

I've listened to it like 100 times. It's so good. Mike Mangini is such a good drummer, he's probably better than Portnoy.

He uses polyrhythms all the time, there is a section in the intro at 1:40-2:10 were mangini is playing his kicks in straight 16s to keep that standard rhythm which is time with the bass and guitar. At 2:05 he he then plays the guitar rhythm on his stacks whilst maintain a straight 16ths pattern in his feet which means his feet, right hand and left hand are all playing different time sigs... magical. the song is brilliant.

so this topic is pretty much incomparable repeatedly posting avenged sevenfold and saying he doesn't like anything octavarium posts.

ha, pointless.

1nc0mp4r4bl3

so this topic is pretty much incomparable repeatedly posting avenged sevenfold and saying he doesn't like anything octavarium posts.

ha, pointless.

Not really, I like a few bands that he has posted, such as Dream Theater.
1nc0mp4r4bl3

yes it is but it's okay because we all know that everything I post is better.

DCRD_hEeydc

Yeah we all obviously know, those shitty screamo songs you have posted have like 10k views and the videos I have posted have more than a million views or even way more. So obviously the music I have posted is way more liked than the music you have posted. It's all about opinions so don't say the music you post is better than mine, because that is your opinion.
Octavarium

Popularity isn't the same as technique or talent.

I don't judge music on opinion because anybody can say something is good. Friday by Rebecca Black is good. It clearly isn't but I can say it's good and act like it's good but it isn't good. When people give reasons why it isn't good they say "terrible lyrics, too much autotune, she can't sing etc." These aren't judged on opinion but fact. Her technique and talent is lacking which is what people pick up on yet for some reason they don't pick up on it for the rest of the music they listen to. Everything else is mediocre and they seem content with that. Well I like musicians to be superb and I can then improve myself by listening to an amazing guitarist.

If you call anything I post screamo again I will fucking murder you. How are you so stupid to listen to the metal genre yet still class everything as screamo? Periphery is clearly progressive death metal... fuck me.

I have told you how to add multiple quotes into a single post. STOP FUCKING DOUBLE POSTING!!!!

I don't judge music on opinion because anybody can say something is good. Friday by Rebecca Black is good. It clearly isn't but I can say it's good and act[/act] like it's good but it isn't good. When people give reasons why it isn't good they say "terrible lyrics, too much autotune, she can't sing etc." These aren't judged on opinion but fact. Her technique and talent is lacking which is what people pick up on yet for some reason they don't pick up on it for the rest of the music they listen to. Everything else is mediocre and they seem content with that. Well I like musicians to be superb and I can then improve myself by listening to an amazing guitarist.

If you call anything I post screamo again I will fucking murder you. How are you so stupid to listen to the metal genre yet still class everything as screamo? Periphery is clearly progressive death metal... fuck me.

I have told you how to add multiple quotes into a single post.

bold writing for emphasis

ye i failed the closing tag...

byeSPOIffVE

Lu9Ycq64Gy4

Sa0C5Uxpd3c

Xl6NfQyNLto

x2KRpRMSu4g

z4iCGz4ecH0

I FUCKING LOVE PROG!!!!!!!!!!!!

1nc0mp4r4bl3

I don't judge music on opinion because anybody can say something is good. Friday by Rebecca Black is good. It clearly isn't but I can say it's good and act like it's good but it isn't good. When people give reasons why it isn't good they say "terrible lyrics, too much autotune, she can't sing etc." These aren't judged on opinion but fact. Her technique and talent is lacking which is what people pick up on yet for some reason they don't pick up on it for the rest of the music they listen to. Everything else is mediocre and they seem content with that. Well I like musicians to be superb and I can then improve myself by listening to an amazing guitarist.

I have told you how to add multiple quotes into a single post. STOP FUCKING DOUBLE POSTING!!!!

I listen to whatever I LIKE TO listen to and I post WHATEVER I WANT to post, since I MADE THE TOPIC. Death metal, screamo, w/e it's called, I don't fucking care. Double posting = Same story, I DO NOT FUCKING CARE.

From now on I'll quit posting anything on this topic and soon I'll quit posting anything on this forum, I was bored and had not much else to do, but now I do and I go school and work alot, got a gf so yup, post w/e you want to.

1nc0mp4r4bl3

Nice topic, sick of rap, shit takes no skill.

You're an idiot for saying that... please try to contribute.

He's not an idiot. I actually agree with him, but I accept the fact that everyone has a different opinion. ;)

This was an interesting video, now you can see how much effort it costs to make such a nice song like this one:

LiTcyh4NVhQ

I'd refrain from posting proof because this is the METAL topic so rap shouldn't even be mentioned. You're both idiots.

You told me you wern't posting here anymore. leave.

Logan|Ravaged

[Requiem-Remix]

[Celldweller- the best its gonna get]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBJi4fBeMno

[blue stahli- Corner (The Luna Sequence Remix v.09)

[Neon Sky - Violated (Blue Stahli ULTRAnumb remix]

[blue stahli- bullet proof]

[Linkin park- waiting for the end]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuV2KyGT_D8

[Linkin park - breaking the habit]

[sleeping with sirens- fire]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AWbgkRpYwc&feature=related

[Linkin park- in the end]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_wtHnZytyQ&feature=related

[Linkin park- one step closer]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6Sw6mk_Xis&feature=related

[Linkin park- runaway]