• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gfdgfd

• 1nc0mp4r4bl3

• Octavarium

• Sam|Stop Lying

1nc0mp4r4bl3

I need to find some new modern Rock/Metal with guitar solos and stuff, since I don't have a very wide taste and I posted every good band IMO. So yeah, I will try and find some new songs.:)

Octavarium

modern rock/metal with guitar solos? sounds like everything I've posted so far. :P

this is just a guitar solo. fucking brilliant

RzjR1dV0JGc

1nc0mp4r4bl3

This solo sounds good indeed :)

With modern Rock and Metal I kinda mean the new era of Rock and Metal. I don't really like the old Rock and Metal to be honest. I really like new bands.

Octavarium

lol.

new bands? as in bands from 2011? I'm not sure, I just listen to what I like, regardless of genre or time period.

Well this wasn't hard to find. Not listened to it all but here.

0lI4A4kvjdY

edit: I find most of these songs shit as fuck, born of osiris though seem pretty tasteful.

try saying that when im shooting pigs at you.

if u ever hear one their oinks u immediately turn pink.

Sam|Stop Lying

try saying that when im shooting pigs at you.

if u ever hear one their oinks u immediately turn pink.

pink with embarrassment for u pigs... can't even cast proper spells

Octavarium

maybe instead of you coming to my uni you could just do a ts lecture on how to cast real spells. that seems more practical for everybody.

and just because this is the metal topic (although a wizardry subforum could easily be made)...

YRp4Hftzf2A

With modern Rock and Metal I kinda mean the new era of Rock and Metal. I don't really like the old Rock and Metal to be honest. I really like new bands.

if you want modern metal, its going in the post hardcore sort of way... so try bands lke these...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_post-hardcore_bands

basically its like metalcore, but now people are adding synths and shit, pretty epic imo

just alesana

a day to remember

asking alexandria

alexisnofire

blessthefall

bring me the horizzon

we came as romans

escape the fate

etc etc

1nc0mp4r4bl3

lol.

new bands? as in bands from 2011? I'm not sure, I just listen to what I like, regardless of genre or time period.

Well this wasn't hard to find. Not listened to it all but here.

0lI4A4kvjdY

edit: I find most of these songs shit as fuck, born of osiris though seem pretty tasteful.

Sorry, I can't really explain what I mean, I like the (clean?) Hard Rock and Metal with riffs and guitar solos and good vocals/drumming. Well, I still can't explain haha. Songs like Afterlife, A Little Piece Of Heaven, Nightmare by Avenged Sevenfold can only explain what I really like to be honest B)
1nc0mp4r4bl3

if you want modern metal, its going in the post hardcore sort of way... so try bands lke these...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_post-hardcore_bands

basically its like metalcore, but now people are adding synths and shit, pretty epic imo

just alesana

a day to remember

asking alexandria

alexisnofire

blessthefall

bring me the horizzon

we came as romans

escape the fate

etc etc

I don't really like the screamo bands, maybe Metal isn't the right genre for me to explain what I like. Avenged Sevenfold is a bit of MetalCore and a mix of Hard Rock I guess. :p
1nc0mp4r4bl3

I just have a strange taste in music I guess. I don't really listen to many bands anymore. I listen to Avenged Sevenfold, Axel Rudi Pell, versaEmerge, Three Days Grace, Bullet For My Valentine. That is my top 5 bands, I don't really listen to any other bands anymore. I guess I find these bands that good that I can't find any other music that is as good as the music I already listen to.

Octavarium

you're obsessed with 1 band, sort your life out you fanboy

this.

I honestly don't think I can help you 1nc0mp4r4bl3, all the music I post you don't seem to like, and all the music you post I seem to dislike.

I will try my very best this time.

geHLdg_VNww

X9fLbfzCqWw

ViICj6rIwEY

1nc0mp4r4bl3

I am obsessed, I don't care. They are great. I also like other bands though.
1nc0mp4r4bl3

this.

I honestly don't think I can help you 1nc0mp4r4bl3, all the music I post you don't seem to like, and all the music you post I seem to dislike.

I will try my very best this time.

geHLdg_VNww

X9fLbfzCqWw

ViICj6rIwEY

I don't dislike your music, it's just not really my taste. It is true that I am obsessed by Avenged Sevenfold, because I think they are amazing. Obviously many people will have a different opinion. That's why there are other genres. I can't find any other bands like Avenged Sevenfold, because Avenged Sevenfold is a genre itself.  ^_^
Octavarium

they are... and I tend to avoid it. The band on Bloody|Kevin's new video reminded me of a7x though... especially at 16 seconds...

F7oS2fqld1A

it reminds me of this

ZXTC0SmgE2s

edit: 3:08 is the best part of that a7x song. the snare is fucking tasty.

1nc0mp4r4bl3

they are... and I tend to avoid it. The band on Bloody|Kevin's new video reminded me of a7x though... especially at 16 seconds...

F7oS2fqld1A

it reminds me of this

ZXTC0SmgE2s

edit: 3:08 is the best part of that a7x song. the snare is fucking tasty.

Sorry, I don't quite follow you now haha. Are you saying they are good or bad? Beast And The Harlot is a great song indeed :o
Octavarium

I'm not saying it's either good or bad, I'm just giving you something you may find enjoyable as to me it's similar to the band you idolise. I won't do that anymore simply because I am unable to.

n5wWEp0w3XI

UOXQYFz4GHA

Octavarium

And you and joe and steroids when you wish to troll for postcounts. <3 <3

It is a shame really but all these genres of music are classed as "alternative" now so I wouldn't expect too many people posting any music at all. Oh well.

PvquWIULIFA

edit: I can't believe there's been no dragonforce yet.