Your habits, obsessions, addictions, and such.

Jim

There is always topics about 'Your annoying habits', but I'm talking about things that you do that most people don't. It's hard to sum it up in a few words, so I'll show mine and see if you catch on.

Every song, album and music video in my library MUST have the artist's name, then the exact featured artists, even if it isn't someone I like, I have to have the exact fucking features. So when I download a song from youtube it looks like this;

'plan b cast alight'

Then I spend 2 hours on Wikipedia looking for the fucker who sings the chorus, after finding him I then have to fix up the grammar and spelling so it becomes;

'Plan B Ft. Joze Gonzales - Cast A Light On Me.'

That's one song, I have albums, upon albums. Then when I take albums directly from their CDs it doesn't read the infomation itself.

I started doing this to my downloads at about 11PM a few months ago, by 3AM I'd been sitting there doing nothing but looking up the featured artists, renaming and sorting out the grammar, by this point I was hardly half way through but couldn't sleep until it was finished, so I just deleted every single song, and album in RAGE.  :mellow:

I have a lot more problems like this, mostly to do with making lists, and such. I'm pretty sure it's a mild OCD.

Anyone else have anything else like this? Because this is really starting to piss me off.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Eric

• gfdgfd

• Jim

• watch me tb

If my hand smells or looks even the tiniest bit dirty i have to wash them.

The shower head has to be pointing exactly in the middle of the bath, or you'd better believe i aint standing under it.

I can't use a towel that has ever been used by another person, washed or not - my mum bought me my own towells, lol

Each time I take a shower I have to get the exact perfect temperature so I spend like an hour to get it right lol.

Also same thing as pur3 I always need to have 2 towels that are dry/unused.

i comb my hair in the shower, dont know why i just always have

i eat chocolate with a fork to avoid sticky fingers, or if it has a good wrapper i use that and just bite also do this on other sticky things like popcorn

Cholesterol

I've been diagnosed with OCD, one example would be similar to james' in the music library aspect, Spelling & Genre have to be exact, every album must contain the highest quality 600x600 album artwork I can find, I spend unnecessary amounts of time clonestamping out errors on scanned in album covers (white dots & lines) and then finally I spend a fair amount of time constantly flicking back and forth on the cover flow feature on iTunes/iPod to re-assure myself that everything looks good

and like big James I have rage-deleted music libraries of 5k+ songs many many times because of this obsessive mindstate

watch me tb

umm.... am i the only one that doesnt have ocd? i dont care what i eat, i love to try new stuff, as long as the music plays idfc what its called, there is never a nice dry towel in my bathroom, so i end up using one that was left on the ground. im not very organized. i guess i just dont give a shit about stuff.

umm.... am i the only one that doesnt have ocd? i dont care what i eat, i love to try new stuff, as long as the music plays idfc what its called, there is never a nice dry towel in my bathroom, so i end up using one that was left on the ground. im not very organized. i guess i just dont give a shit about stuff.

You almost summed me up there. My room is full of decaying mouldy food and shit, I've been wearing these clothes for the past 4 days, but when it comes to writing lists, organising things like shelves and cupboards I get really bad.

I can't stand fast food and i have to eat right before i play hockey or i am off.

I also can't wear my sunglasses if there are smudges on them and i have the same problem with iTunes i have to have the information right and search endlessly for album artwork on the internet.

watch me tb

You almost summed me up there. My room is full of decaying mouldy food and shit, I've been wearing these clothes for the past 4 days, but when it comes to writing lists, organising things like shelves and cupboards I get really bad.

okay, my room isnt messy.. and i do care about personal hygiene. i guess i should have specified.

When i get a soda, I have to have the ice go in first, or else I won't drink it.

I cant have any different food touching each other on my plate.

Everytime I'm going to get more soda/juice to drink, I rinse my glass. Doesn't matter if its the same drink or not, I just rinse it, and get more soda/juice, lol.

i have to eat right before i play hockey or i am off.

THIS.

I eat a pretty healthy meal, generally pasta or something similar 2-2.5 hours before a game, always. If the game gets delayed, or I don't eat, I am off...

Almost 100% of hockey players are superstitious, or have mild OCD....don't know why, just is :p.

I can't think of anything i'm seriously like "HAVE TO DO"ish about. Does always cleaning my pipe out before i smoke from it count?

This..

When I was a kid I used to have to do everything equally with both hands. For example, if I touched something with my right hand I had to do it with my left too. I don't know why I did this, I was told it was a form of Tourette's. They tried to put me on medicine, but I was able to stop because I realized how stupid it was. It's all in your head, telling someone they have OCD or Tourette's just gives them a way to justify doing it.

When I was a kid I used to have to do everything equally with both hands. For example, if I touched something with my right hand I had to do it with my left too. I don't know why I did this, I was told it was a form of Tourette's. They tried to put me on medicine, but I was able to stop because I realized how stupid it was. It's all in your head, telling someone they have OCD or Tourette's just gives them a way to justify doing it.

definately true, i was diagnosed with ADD as a kid. I could get away with murder and it would have been alright. But i learned to concentrate on my own and there's no more need for medicine anymore.

Wow, I never knew so many people have mentalities like that.

For me, I have strong preferences, dry towels, clean desk, temperature, and like spacing and positioning stuff. But if things don't work out I tend to not give a fuck and just deal with it. In other words, I like things one way and try to have them happen that way, but I won't be upset or force myself if it comes down to the unpreferred way if that makes sense haha.

If it's green, I don't eat it.

I refuse to game on a half decent computer.

Once I watch one youtube video, I'm on looking up pointless shit for hours.

Once I get angry I love to do more things further increasing my anger.

Must tell myself I am the best at everything 10+ times a day.

Must never wash hands.

Must never take showers.

Must never change underwear.

Must keep thinking for more lies to put on here.