• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• I C0NN0R I

• Marc|Criti

• Smush

• Melee Pure

I think Aliens came to earth in the ancient times and were what the ancient citizens depicted as 'gods'. :)

Mabye they are coming back to wipe out this modern era.

The vid definitely has me believing anymore now, even though im not much of a skeptic to begin with.

EDIT: Holy Shit, when the guy calling comes on it starts to get creepy as fuck.

Marc are you fucking retarded? There are hieroglyphics from thousands of years ago that depict UFOs similair to what we see in the present day.

r9o2og.gif

Take time to watch the above .gif :)

Marc|Criti

I think Aliens came to earth in the ancient times and were what the ancient citizens depicted as 'gods'. :)

The vid definitely has me believing anymore now, even though im not much of a skeptic to begin with.

Marc are you fucking retarded? There are hieroglyphics from thousands of years ago that depict UFOs similair to what we see in the present day.

r9o2og.gif

i couldn't help but laugh out loud at that gif

there are many galaxies, but max speed is light speed (proven, even though we have been able to, in theory, go slightly above that speed for a very short time). travelling to another galaxy would take way tens of millions of years (depending on the galaxy) and thus making your theory impossible.

It is possible that there is intelligent life somewhere else, statistics are encourageing. But if so, I highly doubt they are aware we exist, let alone come to earth and become our gods -.-

georges lucas brainwashed you bro

I C0NN0R I

r9o2og.gif

there are many galaxies, but max speed is light speed (proven, even though we have been able to, in theory, go slightly above that speed for a very short time). travelling to another galaxy would take way tens of millions of years (depending on the galaxy) and thus making your theory impossible.

It is possible that there is intelligent life somewhere else, statistics are encourageing. But if so, I highly doubt they are aware we exist, let alone come to earth and become our gods -.-

THIS

people always seem to forget max speed is light speed, whenever i have this debate.

r9o2og.gif

THIS

people always seem to forget max speed is light speed, whenever i have this debate.

I really should have made my point with that .gif clear. It wasn't to even point out speed or make it a topic for discussion, it was to make you aware to the vastness of the universe. When the telescope zoomed in and saw all that it still saw starless spots of black so the cycle would continue on and on. The chances of there being another race somewhere distant is high.

Marc|Criti

r9o2og.gif

THIS

I really should have made my point with that .gif clear. It wasn't to even point out speed or make it a topic for discussion, it was to make you aware to the vastness of the universe. When the telescope zoomed in and saw all that it still saw starless spots of black so the cycle would continue on and on. The chances of there being another race somewhere distant is high.

that gif made me laugh because i was waiting for some mind fuck, and all i got was under basic astronomy

if you point your telescope anywhere in the sky, you should be able to see galaxies but the only thing is that the light from other planets/stars blocks us the view.

chances life developped somewhere else are high, but you must keep in mind that the conditions that made life possible on earth in the first place are very rare. Maybe some day we will find a planet where there is an atmosphere (to shield off asteroids and make breatheable air possible), where the temperature difference between night and day (if there is a night and a day, considering they might have multiple sources of light) are not too big, where the planet's elliptic circle around their sun wouldn't mean huge temperature and light changes, etc etc

Once we found this extremely rare planet, nothing tells us life is, will be or ever was on it.

We probably will never find such a planet, let alone find life, even less find intelligent form of life, and even less a population of weird looking green guys who came on earth a few thousand years ago to teach us how to pray and went back on their super spaceships who travel so fast they can go to another galaxy in less than 20 minutes.

before trying to find life somewhere else, we should try to understand how it came on earth in the first place

This is very interesting. These type of things always catch my attention. Makes me wonder what is out there.

r9o2og.gif

THIS

that gif made me laugh because i was waiting for some mind fuck, and all i got was under basic astronomy

if you point your telescope anywhere in the sky, you should be able to see galaxies but the only thing is that the light from other planets/stars blocks us the view.

chances life developped somewhere else are high, but you must keep in mind that the conditions that made life possible on earth in the first place are very rare. Maybe some day we will find a planet where there is an atmosphere (to shield off asteroids and make breatheable air possible), where the temperature difference between night and day (if there is a night and a day, considering they might have multiple sources of light) are not too big, where the planet's elliptic circle around their sun wouldn't mean huge temperature and light changes, etc etc

Once we found this extremely rare planet, nothing tells us life is, will be or ever was on it.

We probably will never find such a planet, let alone find life, even less find intelligent form of life, and even less a population of weird looking green guys who came on earth a few thousand years ago to teach us how to pray and went back on their super spaceships who travel so fast they can go to another galaxy in less than 20 minutes.

before trying to find life somewhere else, we should try to understand how it came on earth in the first place

It seems there's already intelligent life out there, otherwise UFO sightings wouldn't happen. We just haven't made contact with them unless our government has and are keeping it secret which is likely, Roswell being an example of this. And what you're forgetting is lifeforms adapt to their habitats, and different lifeforms require different things to live. So there may be a planet out there which is suitable for said lifeforms.

Marc|Criti

It seems there's already intelligent life out there, otherwise UFO sightings wouldn't happen. We just haven't made contact with them unless our government has and are keeping it secret which is likely, Roswell being an example of this. And what you're forgetting is lifeforms adapt to their habitats, and different lifeforms require different things to live. So there may be a planet out there which is suitable for said lifeforms.

It seems there's already intelligent life out there, otherwise UFO sightings wouldn't happen.

>UFO: Unidentified flying object

>Unidentified object

>Unidentified

you can't just assume it's a living being who came to visit from his galaxy because you saw something weird in the sky

• It might be just a bunch of lunatics trying to be interesting
  • It might just be a guy who had a hallucination
  • It might be an optical illusion
  • and so on

and if we look at it rationally, it's extremely unlikely there ever was a UFO that actually was coming from a different planet than earth. once again, we have looked over and over every single planet which is close to us by a few million years of light speed travelling, and determined life isn't possible on it, and nothing currently is living on those.

so if it came to earth, it travelled millions of years, so that 1 guy should see him, and then it went back.

kay.

our government has and are keeping it secret which is likely

and they also did 9/11 which should be 11/9 really.

And what you're forgetting is lifeforms adapt to their habitats, and different lifeforms require different things to live.

everything i said was strictly necessary. life needs an athmosphere for breatheable air FOR THEM, which might not be breatheable for us.

light is a key point to the development of life with the photosynthesis

temperature (maybe extremely hot, or cold) shouldn't change too much and too fast (although there has been a number of species on earth that can handle v hot to v cold..). It might not be absolutely necessary, but it sure would help A LOT.

So there may be a planet out there which is suitable for said lifeforms.

I'm sure there is, but there is probably no life on it. and we haven't found any yet, meaning none of those in our galaxy.

so i guess you won't be seeing ET any time soon

Lots of pseudo-science going on here. The answer is pretty simple: We don't know. It's likely that life exists somewhere else, but we haven't observed it.

V__Fury__V

It seems there's already intelligent life out there, otherwise UFO sightings wouldn't happen.

>UFO: Unidentified flying object

>Unidentified object

>Unidentified

you can't just assume it's a living being who came to visit from his galaxy because you saw something weird in the sky

• It might be just a bunch of lunatics trying to be interesting
  • It might just be a guy who had a hallucination
  • It might be an optical illusion
  • and so on

and if we look at it rationally, it's extremely unlikely there ever was a UFO that actually was coming from a different planet than earth. once again, we have looked over and over every single planet which is close to us by a few million years of light speed travelling, and determined life isn't possible on it, and nothing currently is living on those.

so if it came to earth, it travelled millions of years, so that 1 guy should see him, and then it went back.

kay.

our government has and are keeping it secret which is likely

and they also did 9/11 which should be 11/9 really.

And what you're forgetting is lifeforms adapt to their habitats, and different lifeforms require different things to live.

everything i said was strictly necessary. life needs an athmosphere for breatheable air FOR THEM, which might not be breatheable for us.

light is a key point to the development of life with the photosynthesis

temperature (maybe extremely hot, or cold) shouldn't change too much and too fast (although there has been a number of species on earth that can handle v hot to v cold..). It might not be absolutely necessary, but it sure would help A LOT.

So there may be a planet out there which is suitable for said lifeforms.

I'm sure there is, but there is probably no life on it. and we haven't found any yet, meaning none of those in our galaxy.

so i guess you won't be seeing ET any time soon

Marc don't you believe in god?
I C0NN0R I

r9o2og.gif

THIS

I realized that and i agree. What i'm saying is that the chances of another life form making contact with our planet is next to none, unless they've found a way to travel faster then the speed of light. Of course some humans are so self important they actually think any other life form gives a shit about our existence.

It doesn't really matter. You can keep questioning, but it's not going to affect your life.

It really does put things in perspective.

YOU'RE NOT IMPORTANT.

who says there aren't extra terrestrials out there who have discovered ways to travel faster than the speed of light?  just because we claim it's impossible, doesn't mean its impossible for them/us in the distant future.  for now, we just don't know.

Sam|Stop Lying

who says there aren't extra terrestrials out there who have discovered ways to travel faster than the speed of light?  just because we claim it's impossible, doesn't mean its impossible for them/us in the distant future.  for now, we just don't know.

What if there was like people on like a moon that could like breathe air and shit.

Marc|Criti

Lévy-leblond has proven in 1976 with mathematics that there was a maximum speed, based on 100% sure basic physics phenomenons

only objects with no weight can reach that speed ( 299 792 458 m/s ), ie photons..

everything around us is made of atoms, electrons etc. That is the same for every galaxy. If there was a planet with intelligent life, they would be also made of atoms just like the rest of their planet.

if these atoms can't go faster than light speed, there is no reason for them to find any way of travelling faster than the limit speed for the very atoms that their bodies and spaceships are made of.

Tango_Oscar

You say based on basic physics, this is what we believe at the time. Just like the world thought the world was flat etc etc.

Dont even say for a second that photons dont have a mass lol, cause its 'accepted' that light quanta does.

And the world as we know it, is build up of quarks and leptons. Who says there isn't any other fundamental particles?

I C0NN0R I

You say based on basic physics, this is what we believe at the time. Just like the world thought the world was flat etc etc.

Dont even say for a second that photons dont have a mass lol, cause its 'accepted' that light quanta does.

And the world as we know it, is build up of quarks and leptons. Who says there isn't any other fundamental particles?

Photons don't have mass. The Newtonian theory of gravity is just wrong.

Marc|Criti

I might be christian, but I believe the big bang actually happened. This means I believe everything comes from the same source, and that elements were scattered around the universe. If there were such other fundamental particles, we would surely know that already: we would have some too...?

Besides what we can see about other galaxies isn't much different of what we have in the Milky Way.

I Pown3r I

I honestly think there's aliens, I mean the universe is so fucking huge and massive that it's practically impossible that our planet is the only one capable of hosting life.

Who says they can't go faster than the speed of light?

Theories are meant to be disproved. Who says ET out there can't find a way to go faster than the speed of light?

Marc|Criti

Who says they can't go faster than the speed of light?

Theories are meant to be disproved. Who says ET out there can't find a way to go faster than the speed of light?

every single decent physicist.

The only hope I see is that they managed to go above the speed of light by sending photons at the speed of light into a supraconductor (or w/e you call that) and for a fraction of a second, it went above light speed (am not 100% sure of this)

anyways for particles that have a weight it's pretty much fucked, physicists say so.