Martial Arts

Beastdefire

TJqoLbGatJA

this is impossible IRL against a real gunman..

Lol by the time you grab the gun, he would already shoot. I would never want to be placed into that kind of situation.

I'm hopping the video was for the trololol.

Uhh.. idk what u guys are talking about. Krav maga can help save ur life. what else u gonna do wit a shotgun pointed at ur chest huh

give the guy my wallet

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Env

• Adolesc3nt

• Acclaimed|Jordan

• Marc|Criti

TJqoLbGatJA

Lol by the time you grab the gun, he would already shoot. I would never want to be placed into that kind of situation.

Uhh.. idk what u guys are talking about. Krav maga can help save ur life. what else u gonna do wit a shotgun pointed at ur chest huh

give the guy my wallet

nobody robs u with a shotgun idiot

TJqoLbGatJA

give the guy my wallet

I can't think of any other situation where I would have a shot gun pointed at me, so that vid is pretty much useless. It wouldn't work anyways. One of the advantages of guns is that you can use them from a distance

TJqoLbGatJA

give the guy my wallet

I can't think of any other situation where I would have a shot gun pointed at me, so that vid is pretty much useless. It wouldn't work anyways. One of the advantages of guns is that you can use them from a distance

its a shotgun u idiot what "distance" are you talking about

TJqoLbGatJA

give the guy my wallet

Shotguns can be fatal from a long way off. You don't have to put the barrel right on their fucking chest. My cousin was killed by a shotgun and he was at least 20 yards out

TJqoLbGatJA

give the guy my wallet

Shotguns can be fatal from a long way off. You don't have to put the barrel right on their fucking chest. My cousin was killed by a shotgun and he was at least 20 yards out

dude have you never played call of duty

fuck sakes

TJqoLbGatJA

give the guy my wallet

fuck sakes

no shotguns in france so I'm safe

TJqoLbGatJA

give the guy my wallet

fuck sakes

well obv. you guys dont even got an army

TJqoLbGatJA

give the guy my wallet

fuck sakes

well obv. you guys dont even got an army

if you went to school you'd know france has nuclear weapons, aircraft carriers and all in all enough power to destroy a shitty country like iraq

Acclaimed|Jordan

Pretty bad post env. Shotguns are deadly regarless of what the shells are loaded with. Slugs, buck shot, etc. My friend and I we're victim of a drive by last new years eve and the distance from the street to our house was about 20 yards. The spread of the shotgun was less than 3 feet diameter with hundreds of holes

Pretty bad post env. Shotguns are deadly regarless of what the shells are loaded with. Slugs, buck shot, etc. My friend and I we're victim of a drive by last new years eve and the distance from the street to our house was about 20 yards. The spread of the shotgun was less than 3 feet diameter with hundreds of holes

and you didn't die

Lol at Env for saying shotguns can only be shot close distance. Trololol.

I can't think of any situation where a shotgun would be hold in point blank rage against me.

Even so training for that situation and attempting to disarm the guy would do more harm than good imo.

and you didn't die

I concur.

Dont think ill ever come across someone pointing a shotgun in my face :) just look on youtube see what sport you like boxing or mma or w/e I prefer boxing so thats what I started training and I really enjoy it, also keeps you really fit.

TJqoLbGatJA

give the guy my wallet

acog scope?

Beastdefire

Took an intro jiu-jitsu class today at a pretty legit academy.

Had 3 parts:

1) Take-downs (basically judo/wrestling)

2) Gaining dominant position

3) Submission

The instructor said that bjj is 10% takedown, 90% submission training. I can see how learning wrestling or judo first would help a lot.

Sorry to be like this but most of the kids posting on this topic really have no idea what the hell they are talking about Dennis. Get ahold of me on Irc.

Oh and acclaimed, for the record, Judo and Jiu Jitsu started in the same place, and was brought to its popularity by a man who was proficient at both. Both are passive, defensive forms of combat.

Took an intro jiu-jitsu class today at a pretty legit academy.

Had 3 parts:

1) Take-downs (basically judo/wrestling)

2) Gaining dominant position

3) Submission

The instructor said that bjj is 10% takedown, 90% submission training. I can see how learning wrestling or judo first would help a lot.

how'd you like taknig classes? i'm really interested in joining some form of school this summer

Beastdefire

The first few classes I've taken have been pretty good. I'm taking them at a Gracie Academy (the family who brought Jiu-jitsu to Brazil).

First, one of the head instructors spent about 30 minutes explaining the art of Jiu-jitsu. Then, I joined a beginner's class (about 15 people). We did some warmup exercises then got straight to learning Judo throws. After about 30 minutes of learning two throws (practice with partners, 2 black belt instructors walk around and critique), we went to another room and started actual bjj. We learned two moves in the full guard position (again, practice with partner, instructors critique). Finally, we ended with sparring and a cool-down.

From my few classes, the key takeaways are:

1) BJJ will take a LONG time to master. If you're looking to learn self-defense, some of the skills you can use immediately...but if you want to learn bjj for competitive sport, it will take a lot of time and dedication. Also, for the moves you learn to become, reflex, it will take a lot of time on the mats and practice.

2) BJJ classes are decent exercise but you're not really exerting yourself 100% (because you don't want to hurt your partner and you're just learning the moves). You'll sweat a lot and breathe hard at some points.

3) You don't have to be huge to be good at BJJ. It definitely helps, but technique is most important. Being strong will only make you better.

Hope this helps.

The first few classes I've taken have been pretty good. I'm taking them at a Gracie Academy (the family who brought Jiu-jitsu to Brazil).

First, one of the head instructors spent about 30 minutes explaining the art of Jiu-jitsu. Then, I joined a beginner's class (about 15 people). We did some warmup exercises then got straight to learning Judo throws. After about 30 minutes of learning two throws (practice with partners, 2 black belt instructors walk around and critique), we went to another room and started actual bjj. We learned two moves in the full guard position (again, practice with partner, instructors critique). Finally, we ended with sparring and a cool-down.

From my few classes, the key takeaways are:

1) BJJ will take a LONG time to master. If you're looking to learn self-defense, some of the skills you can use immediately...but if you want to learn bjj for competitive sport, it will take a lot of time and dedication. Also, for the moves you learn to become, reflex, it will take a lot of time on the mats and practice.

2) BJJ classes are decent exercise but you're not really exerting yourself 100% (because you don't want to hurt your partner and you're just learning the moves). You'll sweat a lot and breathe hard at some points.

3) You don't have to be huge to be good at BJJ. It definitely helps, but technique is most important. Being strong will only make you better.

Hope this helps.

:ph43r:?

I myself do Wing Chun.

If you wan't something that is for show, do MMA. It wont help you. I did BJJ and Muay Thai for 2.5 years, didn't do nothing "technically" for me on the streets. With Wing Chun, you learn that Martial Arts is an art itself. And not "fighting".

So shit like, Judo, Aikido, Tae Kwan Do.. Don't waste your money. Something like Jeet Kune Do, Wing Chun or even dirty boxing. Will keep you SAFEST on the street, and if anyone want's to argue with this. FUCKING dare you.

Wing Chun has got me out of some good scenario's without even throwing that punch.