Need some laptop help.

Alcohol

46 minutes ago, Freecandy said:

Lemme consult my tech guy @ubermensch

6 hours ago, NiK0 said:

3 short beeps is RAM failure

Looks like it doesnt regonize any hard disk's either, atleast windows installation media doesnt regonize it.

Go into BIOS and see if BIOS regonizes the HDD/SSD, also show the boot options from bios.

If  bios cannot see any hdd/ssd's, buy external SSD and install windows there.

6 hours ago, TW XT said:

if its ram and hdd at the same time, mobo could be fucked, 2 short beeps which he said also is circuit failure I think so that explains it

Yeah looks like a motherboard issue possibly, it happens all the time at my job. No HDD showing up in Windows 10 installation GUI is a big red flag, and if 3 short beeps is RAM failure, it definitely sounds like a bad motherboard.

Replacing this in a laptop I hear is really tricky, I've never done it before but I'm sure it can be done. Check to see if your laptop is still under warranty @Alcohol and if not look into how much replacing the motherboard yourself would be. From there, you need to determine your time/effort vs. money and decide if you want to replace the motherboard or buy a new unit.

Also one thing I saw in a photo above, your boot mode is set to UEFI. Try changing it to Legacy and see if that helps, it could have been changed for whatever reason or by accident. Yes, even with Windows 10.

10 hours ago, ubermensch said:

Yeah looks like a motherboard issue possibly, it happens all the time at my job. No HDD showing up in Windows 10 installation GUI is a big red flag, and if 3 short beeps is RAM failure, it definitely sounds like a bad motherboard.

Replacing this in a laptop I hear is really tricky, I've never done it before but I'm sure it can be done. Check to see if your laptop is still under warranty @Alcohol and if not look into how much replacing the motherboard yourself would be. From there, you need to determine your time/effort vs. money and decide if you want to replace the motherboard or buy a new unit.

Also one thing I saw in a photo above, your boot mode is set to UEFI. Try changing it to Legacy and see if that helps, it could have been changed for whatever reason or by accident. Yes, even with Windows 10.

I just changed the boot mode but im still getting the same problem..prob just going to a store and c what they can do if its fairly cheap else im buying a new one

12 hours ago, Alcohol said:

I just changed the boot mode but im still getting the same problem..prob just going to a store and c what they can do if its fairly cheap else im buying a new one

Check out https://www.reddit.com/r/techsupport/

Make a post on that subreddit, lots of good people there. Be careful taking your stuff to a store, they usually charge a shit ton of money for minimal work. At least in the US.