Need some laptop help.

Alcohol

Since last week when i start my laptop up it wont go further then the start up acer screen. It had this problem 2-3 weeks ago aswell but when i turned it off and on for a couple of times it fixed itself..

Laptop is a acer aspire e517 with windows 10 and is 3 years ish old.

Any1 got some advice how to fix this??

is it a windows problem or a acer problem? check that first. Try to boot windows 10 from a usb. If its a acer problem u can check in the bios whats wrong or do a factory reset. GL

1 minute ago, Forced said:

is it a windows problem or a acer problem? check that first. Try to boot windows 10 from a usb. If its a acer problem u can check in the bios whats wrong or do a factory reset. GL

probs pc issue not windows cos the acer loading screen is before windows boots up

1 minute ago, TW XT said:

probs pc issue not windows cos the acer loading screen is before windows boots up

defo need more info. It can be that it boots up fine but cant load up windows 10 so just stays at acer screen.

16 minutes ago, Isaak said:

Unplug all the usb things like mouse and shit and try to start it

and if you have a cd or anything inside take it out

Already tried that doesnt work

23 minutes ago, Forced said:

I tried booting it with a disc but it wont work and to get in the bios (or idk whats its called) you have to press alt+f10 but that doesnt work for me.

7 minutes ago, Alcohol said:

I tried booting it with a disc but it wont work and to get in the bios (or idk whats its called) you have to press alt+f10 but that doesnt work for me.

tried any other keys like f2 key. I just googled it and that should bring u into the right menu

14 minutes ago, Alcohol said:

probs want to access the boot menu to try get into safe mode first to see if windows will boot at all, when you see the acer screen, try pressing ESC and repeatedly pressing f12 and try safe mode boot

edit; may have to access bios to disable fast boot

Edited by TW XT
21 minutes ago, Forced said:

tried any other keys like f2 key. I just googled it and that should bring u into the right menu

Thats what iv been trying aswell but nothing pops up lol..

Screenshot_20190916-132243_Chrome.jpg

what does the screen that it keeps hanging on looks like? Do you have anything of value on the Pc? If it fixes itself back up all ur files and reset it. Cant really know whats up when u cant access any bios or boot menus

32 minutes ago, TW XT said:

Odd, when you boot into the acer screen, do you hear beeps? if so, what are the beeps like, take note of the pattern and lmk

No only when theres a disc in the laptop and i turn it on it makes alot of wierd noises then yea..but thats been for a long ass time though.

17 minutes ago, Forced said:

what does the screen that it keeps hanging on looks like? Do you have anything of value on the Pc? If it fixes itself back up all ur files and reset it. Cant really know whats up when u cant access any bios or boot menus

No theres nothing on it thats means anything to me and normal on my screen theres a loading circle at the bottom but thats gone now.

Screenshot_20190916-140600_Gallery.jpg

Edited by Alcohol

Start computer and hit the f2 key like crazy so u wont miss the window.

-If u cant get into BIOS, take off the power cable and press power button for 15 secs

-If still cant get into bios look for small battery reset-hole usually bottom of the laptop, if u find it press it 5 secs with some sharp weapon

-If there isnt any reset buttons, open up ur laptop and find the CMOS Battery from the motherboard, take it out and press power button for 15 secs. Wait 2 minutes and put the battery back in.

Start the computer with everything plugged in, lemme know what happens

1 hour ago, Alcohol said:

No theres nothing on it thats means anything to me and normal on my screen theres a loading circle at the bottom but thats gone now.

hold the alt key and press f10 key a few times while rebooting. It should go in recovery mode so u can factory reset it

1 hour ago, NiK0 said:

-If u cant get into BIOS, take off the power cable and press power button for 15 secs

-If still cant get into bios look for small battery reset-hole usually bottom of the laptop, if u find it press it 5 secs with some sharp weapon

-If there isnt any reset buttons, open up ur laptop and find the CMOS Battery from the motherboard, take it out and press power button for 15 secs. Wait 2 minutes and put the battery back in.

Ait i just screwed it open and took the small battery out.gonna wait 5 mins then put it back in and c what its gonna do then..

1 hour ago, Forced said:

hold the alt key and press f10 key a few times while rebooting. It should go in recovery mode so u can factory reset it

1 hour ago, NiK0 said:

It actually worked l0l