Need some laptop help.

Alcohol

9 minutes ago, Alcohol said:

K now i have this lads kind of lost rn lmao.

@Forced

@NiK0

@TW XT

Screenshot_20190916-165811_Gallery.jpg

you took the cmos(this will reset your date and time on the pc - well it should) out and now you've gotten to bios? what happens if you exit bios and try get into boot menu?

i'd highly suggest trying to reseat your ram, if you have two sticks or more, take them all out, try boot up with 1, see if it works etc and add a stick each time if it works to see if you have a dead ram stick, ram does sometimes cause booting issues like this, if you have one stick, try it in another ram slot if you have another slot for ram

as something to do with hardware(cmos) has gotten you a bit further, it could well be hardware related so see how you get on with the ram

Edited by TW XT
Just now, Forced said:

yea try getting into the boot menu and see what it says, maybe it cant see ur windows installation

I got in the boot menu now and i can re install windows 10 happy days( i think)

5 minutes ago, Alcohol said:

I got in the boot menu now and i can re install windows 10 happy days( i think)

id suggest trying the ram first cos more than likely if it was a hdd or OS corruption, 90% of the time when you boot, the logo will appear and then itll say cannot see hdd or boot file in black and white so then you know the OS is fucked and needs reinstalling but in this case it's not reaching that point so my feeling is it's not a fucked OS, no harm in trying to reinstall and see if it works if you don't have anything important though!

Edited by TW XT
7 minutes ago, Forced said:

Try a usb with a windows bootable and boot from there. U can select it in the boot menu where u want to boot from

Yea i dont have a usb with windows on..

2 minutes ago, NiK0 said:

Yes, it was BIOS that was fucked up.

Why u started to install clean windows? If u can, stop it and boot the computer from the HDD/SSD where u have windows.

he still can't boot into windows so wants to reinstall but can get into bios/boot menu, no corrupt hdd or boot file msg so probs isn't windows being the issue, something hardware like ram probs

4 minutes ago, TW XT said:

he still can't boot into windows so wants to reinstall but can get into bios/boot menu, no corrupt hdd or boot file msg so probs isn't windows being the issue, something hardware like ram probs

Yea im kinda lost tho on how to check the ram

3 minutes ago, Alcohol said:

Yea im kinda lost tho on how to check the ram

youtube is probs your friend for this bit, gotta take the panels off on the bottom and unclip it

do you get any beeps when you boot your laptop up?

7 minutes ago, TW XT said:

youtube is probs your friend for this bit, gotta take the panels off on the bottom and unclip it

do you get any beeps when you boot your laptop up?

Yea kinda a beeping sound but multiple times

7 minutes ago, Alcohol said:

Yea kinda a beeping sound but multiple times

those POST beeps are hella important, those are error codes and tend to suggest hardware issues, take note of what the beep pattern is and let me know

ie one long beep then 2 short beeps etc

Edited by TW XT
22 minutes ago, NiK0 said:

show the boot options, can u acces windows in compatibility mode?

when u restart the laptop where does it boot u?

Those are the options/where it boots me too.

Screenshot_20190916-182326_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20190916-182339_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20190916-182755_Photos.jpg

Edited by Alcohol
14 minutes ago, TW XT said:

those POST beeps are hella important, those are error codes and tend to suggest hardware issues, take note of what the beep pattern is and let me know

ie one long beep then 2 short beeps etc

Its a short beep pattern and it beeps 2 to 3 times

1 minute ago, Alcohol said:

Its a short beep pattern and it beeps 2 to 3 times

3 short beeps is RAM failure

Looks like it doesnt regonize any hard disk's either, atleast windows installation media doesnt regonize it.

Go into BIOS and see if BIOS regonizes the HDD/SSD, also show the boot options from bios.

If  bios cannot see any hdd/ssd's, buy external SSD and install windows there.

2 minutes ago, NiK0 said:

3 short beeps is RAM failure

Looks like it doesnt regonize any hard disk's either, atleast windows installation media doesnt regonize it.

Go into BIOS and see if BIOS regonizes the HDD/SSD, also show the boot options from bios.

If  bios cannot see any hdd/ssd's, buy external SSD and install windows there.

if its ram and hdd at the same time, mobo could be fucked, 2 short beeps which he said also is circuit failure I think so that explains it