[ High Council ] Colin
don
Kruck
Polar
TBR
[ Council ] Rob

2018/2019 Football Season

Jordan

Went to the new Spurs ground for the first time today and it was unbelievable. Even though it was a charity game with 40,000 instead of 62,000, at times it got really REALLY loud. I can't imagine what it will be like full capacity on a derby game or champions league tie. 

The actual facilities there are exceptional. The queue for a beer was huge but I didn't need to wait more than 2 minutes to get served due to the amount of staff and the new pump system (beer is cheap, around £4 a pint - which is very reasonable for London - and it's fresh as they've got a beavertown brewery in the stadium). The selection of food is also ridiculous - any type of food you want, you can get (from curry to falaffel). You can also drink two hours prior and post match there with seating and tv's that show all the live games going on at that time, turning it into a great pre-drinks and post-match drink spot.

8 hours ago, `Ben said:

Went to the new Spurs ground for the first time today and it was unbelievable. Even though it was a charity game with 40,000 instead of 62,000, at times it got really REALLY loud. I can't imagine what it will be like full capacity on a derby game or champions league tie. 

The actual facilities there are exceptional. The queue for a beer was huge but I didn't need to wait more than 2 minutes to get served due to the amount of staff and the new pump system (beer is cheap, around £4 a pint - which is very reasonable for London - and it's fresh as they've got a beavertown brewery in the stadium). The selection of food is also ridiculous - any type of food you want, you can get (from curry to falaffel). You can also drink two hours prior and post match there with seating and tv's that show all the live games going on at that time, turning it into a great pre-drinks and post-match drink spot.

Sounds sick bro, I'd love to go there one day when they play United! 

shootmyfruit
10 hours ago, `Ben said:

Can'r wait for Wednesday. Somehow managed to get a ticket when they released them to members I think there were  less than 100 seats left when it finally let me in.

Just now, shootmyfruit said:

Can'r wait for Wednesday. Somehow managed to get a ticket when they released them to members I think there were  less than 100 seats left when it finally let me in.

If you're able to get there a couple of hours early do it and explore. 

Which stand you sitting in? I assume it'll be North (or one of the more expensive seats in West?) if it was a members ticket last minute?

shootmyfruit
1 hour ago, `Ben said:

If you're able to get there a couple of hours early do it and explore. 

Which stand you sitting in? I assume it'll be North (or one of the more expensive seats in West?) if it was a members ticket last minute?

North in row z pretty much. But I'm just happy I got a ticket atmosphere should be insane. 

2 hours ago, `Ben said:

Very Spursy game - no idea how we didn't win that, let alone lose it hahahahahahaha.

yeet, we're catching up to you now after your L today and our W yesterday! ? Too bad Chelsea got the W against Cardiff...the top 4th race is still wide open, so is the titlerace. God I just love the PL!

23 minutes ago, ceZa said:

yeet, we're catching up to you now after your L today and our W yesterday! ? Too bad Chelsea got the W against Cardiff...the top 4th race is still wide open, so is the titlerace. God I just love the PL!

We'll get top 4, confident of that.

We've played really well the last two games and created so many chances. Just need to put them away, which I'm sure we will at home.

Just now, `Ben said:

We'll get top 4, confident of that.

We've played really well the last two games and created so many chances. Just need to put them away, which I'm sure we will at home.

It will be close tho cause Arsenal is only 1 point behind with 1 less match played. Everything can happen at the end of the season including a bit of luck, the shape of each team and injuries. I do hope that both you and us gets top 4 instead of Arsenal and Chelsea, but its gonna be a close one for sure. 

3 minutes ago, ceZa said:

It will be close tho cause Arsenal is only 1 point behind with 1 less match played. Everything can happen at the end of the season including a bit of luck, the shape of each team and injuries. I do hope that both you and us gets top 4 instead of Arsenal and Chelsea, but its gonna be a close one for sure. 

Arsenal imo, have a tougher run in. Only game that I think we'll struggle in will be City away.

We've got Palace, Huddlersfield, Brighton, West Ham and Everton all at home with City and Bournemouth away. 

United have got to play City, Chelsea and Wolves.

Arsenal have 5 away games and have to play Napoli in Europa (and their away record sucks).

Edited by `Ben

United lose 3 away games in a row. Will be interesting to see how Ole shakes it up.

Bring on tomorrow night, can't wait for the new ground!

8 hours ago, ceZa said:

Should've been up 3-0 after 30 min yesterday @`Ben, yet we manage to loose. Unbelievable....

Join the club. Against Southampton we had something like 11 shots on target and hit the woodwork 3 times before half time (we were 1-0 up).

Ended up losing.

1 hour ago, `Ben said:

Join the club. Against Southampton we had something like 11 shots on target and hit the woodwork 3 times before half time (we were 1-0 up).

Ended up losing.

Lol yea that's the worst feeling you can have tbh, just feeling annoyed and robbed after matches like that really. Now like Ole said; we gonna need 15p in 6 freaking matches. Game on! 

View from my mates seat at new ground. I'm a few rows further down! Great night.

sNTqC8e.jpg.5cf54c96cc2488770a77a8dd4e642174.jpg

Yes, she's a girl so put stupid filters on it..

Edited by `Ben
6 hours ago, `Ben said:

Unreal night. Lost my voice - best atmosphere I've witnessed at a Spurs game.

Congrats mate probs gonna be a day and match you'll never forget! Wish I was there to witness it. Can't for wait the match today aswell, should've been there and see it live. 

Ready for matchday today @London2nyc? I just hope we keep a clean sheet today and score a goal or two, that's our only chance to go thro imo. Playing Barca in the CL wakes up bad memories, but hopefully we can deliver a strong performance today. 

Barca didn’t even play that well tbh.

Between the goal and the first set of substitutions, United played alright/decent.

Deserved a 1-1, but it is what it is. 

On to Tuesday.

10 hours ago, don said:

Nah man utd is gone @ceZa

Lol fk u don!! 

7 hours ago, `Ben said:

Barca were absolute trash, so were united. Yes, they pressed but there was zero quality in that team.

Missed opportunity from United.

They were yea, not looking good for the return match now but we still got a chance. Our attack were terrible tho. Our midfield, specifically Fred and McTominay impressed me alot. I think he has a bright future here and he'll take over Matics spot.