[ High Council ] Colin
don
Kruck
Polar
TBR
[ Council ] Rob

Cheaper alternative to blowpipe.

Phil

Blowpipe is currently the best ranged exp aside from chins, but as the price of blowpipe has dropped, the price of scales and darts have increased a very fair amount. Currently scales are 160gp, and mithril darts are 68gp per.

Earlier today someone in the CC asked about karil's crossbow in NMZ, which is something I myself have wondered about recently wanting an alternative to blowpipe.

So i went and bought 1k bolt racks and an xbow, just as a test. The results were rather promising

I'm 90 range, and am averaging about 80k exp an hour and using 2k bolt racks in that time.

I bought the bolt racks for 73gp each which is less than half the current price of scales.

So im spending about 150k an hour on bolt racks for 80k exp.. and the cost to repair the bow after an hour is 7k.. so about 157k total gp spent per hour.

This is coming off a bit long-winded, so ill just sum it all up.

Karils Crossbow

1 hour

2k bolt racks (73 gp each)

Will degrade 28%

Total cost per hour - 157k

Total exp gained per hour - 76k/80k (at 90 range)

Blowpipe

1 hour

-approx- 2.2k scales (160 each)

Total cost per hour - 352k (not including the extra cost of mithril darts)

Total exp per hour - 90k/95k is what i average at 90 range.

Less than half the cost for about 10k exp less an hour... ill take that exp loss to save some bank.

Edit:

I bought 11k bolt racks and got 412k exp

Equals out to around 74.9k per hour at 90 ranged

About 15k less than i was getting with blowpipe, but still worth it simply for the price imo.

Edited by Pulse|Anima

That's a pretty damn good find. Did you use eagle eye of some sorts?

Also, what are the exact rates for msb (i) with rune arrows/ava's? I might test that later today and see how they all compare.

Also, what are the exact rates for msb (i) with rune arrows/ava's? I might test that later today and see how they all compare.

Nah, i dont use any extra prayer. I'm trying to keep it as cheap as i can.

I cant really talk on that from experience, I havent tried it before.

But from talking to Ruhvenge who uses that method, its about 60k exp per hour. And you use 1.2k rune arrows per run

So i bought 100k rune arrows with msb(i) and I started at 62 range which is roughy like 500k exp. I tested 10000 arrows exactly during the levels 80-82 and it equaled roughly 1.167m exp for 10k rune arrows. exp rates started at 44k p/h at 62 range and at my current range (93) I get about 64-66k p/h. Meaning it would most likely take roughly 115-120k rune arrows for 99 range from 62 ( obv bad starting spot but i was super lazy ). I highly recommend it if you're looking to save money. I will test the exp per 10k rune arrows again at my new range level to see if the differences are substantial. Can't do that til I get home from Barcelona though!

So i bought 100k rune arrows with msb(i) and I started at 62 range which is roughy like 500k exp. I tested 10000 arrows exactly during the levels 80-82 and it equaled roughly 1.167m exp for 10k rune arrows. exp rates started at 44k p/h at 62 range and at my current range (93) I get about 64-66k p/h. Meaning it would most likely take roughly 115-120k rune arrows for 99 range from 62 ( obv bad starting spot but i was super lazy ). I highly recommend it if you're looking to save money. I will test the exp per 10k rune arrows again at my new range level to see if the differences are substantial. Can't do that til I get home from Barcelona though!

Alright good to hear, looking forward to your info. In the meanwhile I'll use Phil's method, sounds like a decent money safer (and no more blowpipe price fluctuation)

40-99 took me 250k bronze arrows

Jeez, i bought 10k a few hours ago for 73 each. might be able to save yourself a few mil :p

@

They wont raise, im gettin em close to 70gp now