Vinyl Record Enthusiasts?

W3`

I've been into the hobby of vinyl records for about 2 years now. Purchasing, listening to, collecting, and real life merching records.

Just wondering if there are any other collectors here, post your collection, your rig, any holy grails or rare variants, any epic/cheap finds at your local store? Anyone's reaction to the deja entendu repress news? lol

Here's my collection, http://www.discogs.com/user/beckman1337/collection

I don't have a deadformat list anymore but I knew Deja was coming back around and snagged the pre-order as fast as I could haha

Defeater

Dads

Knuckle Puck

DGD

Motion City

Senses Fail

Touche Amore

You've got good taste

Edited by Robbyy

i collect thrash band records, but i don't make a list on some site about it. 

do you actually own the records ? i wanna see some picssssssss

Isn't it really $$

Depends, I mean if you are just interested in owning a couple favorites, you could find a cheap 60-80$ player at a pawn shop or Ik retail stores like Target sell cheap players at 100$, some with radio/mp3 plug ins to play your ipod too. Amazon has a bunch of different players starting at lowest 25$. I started with a cheap player my father got me for Christmas, had built in speakers and a bass knob, that's it lol. But only had maybe 5-10 records and was portable so it did the job. Currently use my grandparents old player with built in stereo receiver and 2 tower speakers. It's nothing compared to what my friend has, he's got a 250$ player with a 200$ receiver and 800$ speakers w/ subwoofer bass. It's literally my dream setup and he built it over the years using tax returns. If bills are on my side next month I'm hoping to get 600$ speakers. And with the actual records, their prices can range from 5-25$. Most I've spent on a record was 60$ for Childish Gambino - Because of the Internet. Which was retarded because a few months later they had some extra copies at my store for 30$, and during record store day they were an exclusive release and sold out so i panicked. lol I spent 100$ on enter shikaris Mindsweep bundle. came in a rare variant only 1,000 of them were going to be pressed a certain colour and the sleeve was also a 40 page hardcover book. came with dvds and shit but only 50 of them were sold to north america, so I got 1 before they sold out in 10 minutes. A good average find is about 15$ for a record, but the thing is something in a store that's 20$ could be worth 60-100-200$ online. Which is what I look out for, some buys can make you a profit.

Records can be a fairly cheap hobby, just depends how hard you get into it. I have 5 other friends who are into it, so we do record store runs, vinyl parties, share news and releases, just get together, chill, and talk about/listen to music.

Enter shakari mind sweep =]

Some good artists on that list mate

ES is my favorite band of all time, and The Mindsweep album is my favorite album ever, listening intensively to every note and word was a spiritual experience. The notes about each song Rou wrote about was so intuitive. I try to think about those song meanings and live by them every day. Life, death, faith, love, corruption, natural stability, the seemingly impossible reality of our existence and the universe around us. The album has everything that should be important to us all in some way.

I don't have a deadformat list anymore but I knew Deja was coming back around and snagged the pre-order as fast as I could haha

Defeater

Dads

Knuckle Puck

DGD

Motion City

Senses Fail

Touche Amore

You've got good taste

I'll be trying to grab 2 exclusive copies of deja on record store day and flip them for 150-200$ each =p and get 1 of the non-exclusive copies whenever they are released.

I first had an account on that website to find ES cd's & vinyl. Got bored one day and organized it all lol. It's also a way to see what the street price of some of them are in case I want to sell or find more to sell. Or check the 'Have/Want' ratio so if more people want than have, expect to flip the next repress the album gets.

7zwWgRD.jpgFHcYRYh.jpg

SW3jVDE.jpgk6BjLlA.jpg

Dads- american radass | ES-Mindsweep | Senses Fail-let it enfold you                               (One of my coolest variants, clear with black smoke. Closer photo to show

TDWP- dead throne | WCAR- to plant a seed                                                                                          cuz I think it's really neat!)

(just a few of the cool looking ones)

Edited by W3

Isn't it really $$

Depends, I mean if you are just interested in owning a couple favorites, you could find a cheap 60-80$ player at a pawn shop or Ik retail stores like Target sell cheap players at 100$, some with radio/mp3 plug ins to play your ipod too. Amazon has a bunch of different players starting at lowest 25$. I started with a cheap player my father got me for Christmas, had built in speakers and a bass knob, that's it lol. But only had maybe 5-10 records and was portable so it did the job. Currently use my grandparents old player with built in stereo receiver and 2 tower speakers. It's nothing compared to what my friend has, he's got a 250$ player with a 200$ receiver and 800$ speakers w/ subwoofer bass. It's literally my dream setup and he built it over the years using tax returns. If bills are on my side next month I'm hoping to get 600$ speakers. And with the actual records, their prices can range from 5-25$. Most I've spent on a record was 60$ for Childish Gambino - Because of the Internet. Which was retarded because a few months later they had some extra copies at my store for 30$, and during record store day they were an exclusive release and sold out so i panicked. lol I spent 100$ on enter shikaris Mindsweep bundle. came in a rare variant only 1,000 of them were going to be pressed a certain colour and the sleeve was also a 40 page hardcover book. came with dvds and shit but only 50 of them were sold to north america, so I got 1 before they sold out in 10 minutes. A good average find is about 15$ for a record, but the thing is something in a store that's 20$ could be worth 60-100-200$ online. Which is what I look out for, some buys can make you a profit.

Records can be a fairly cheap hobby, just depends how hard you get into it. I have 5 other friends who are into it, so we do record store runs, vinyl parties, share news and releases, just get together, chill, and talk about/listen to music.

ES is my favorite band of all time, and The Mindsweep album is my favorite album ever, listening intensively to every note and word was a spiritual experience. The notes about each song Rou wrote about was so intuitive. I try to think about those song meanings and live by them every day. Life, death, faith, love, corruption, natural stability, the seemingly impossible reality of our existence and the universe around us. The album has everything that should be important to us all in some way.

Defeater

Dads

Knuckle Puck

DGD

Motion City

Senses Fail

Touche Amore

You've got good taste

I'll be trying to grab 2 exclusive copies of deja on record store day and flip them for 150-200$ each =p and get 1 of the non-exclusive copies whenever they are released.

I first had an account on that website to find ES cd's & vinyl. Got bored one day and organized it all lol. It's also a way to see what the street price of some of them are in case I want to sell or find more to sell. Or check the 'Have/Want' ratio so if more people want than have, expect to flip the next repress the album gets.

7zwWgRD.jpgFHcYRYh.jpg

SW3jVDE.jpgk6BjLlA.jpg

Dads- american radass | ES-Mindsweep | Senses Fail-let it enfold you                               (One of my coolest variants, clear with black smoke. Closer photo to show

TDWP- dead throne | WCAR- to plant a seed                                                                                          cuz I think it's really neat!)

might be a long shot, do you own any exodus, black sabbath, judas priest, megadeth, metallica records ?

nah man, my dad might have an older black sabbath record though, I know my parents have a bunch of older rock band records. I would have to ask him. You got a store near you? If you were interested in anything I could check my shop or summit.

Isn't it really $$

Defeater

Dads

Knuckle Puck

DGD

Motion City

Senses Fail

Touche Amore

You've got good taste

7zwWgRD.jpgFHcYRYh.jpg

SW3jVDE.jpgk6BjLlA.jpg

might be a long shot, do you own any exodus, black sabbath, judas priest, megadeth, metallica records ?

O_O