Kruck
Polar
TBR
Teleporting
[ Council ] Lay
Rob

To Idolize's Application

To Idolize

How have you found out about FOE originally?

I had first found out about FOE when I was browsing their Recruitment thread on Zybez/RSC. I also heard about FOE through a friend, Sarah, who knew Devlz and told me that FOE was a great community.

Why do you want "GFX Artist" rank on FOE boards?

I would like to be ranked as a GFX Artist so I can help others learn/work with graphics as well as further my own knowledge of graphics.

Are you associated with any other clans/communities?

No, this is the only community and clan I am associated with.

Do you check FOE forums on regular basis?

I only play Runescape on the weekends but I check the FOE forums on a regular basis and plan to keep it in that manner. I also will stay active on the forums as I look forward to meeting people from the FOE community as well as getting familiar with the community.

Are you willing to take part in SOTWs?

I may not be able to participate in all SOTWs but I will try my best to participate the ones I am capable of entering.

3 (favorite) examples of work

I created this to show the use of different C4Ds. I used 11 different C4D with tons of effects added. I also love the flow in this.

Posted Image

This is a tribute to my favorite soccer player.

Posted Image

This was my first attempt at a sprite signature.

Posted Image

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• I C0NN0R I

• d72

• Ikz

• To Idolize

The ronaldinho one and the sprite look good, the one below the sprite looks good but i don't know how much was already there. First two are way too simple. I'd like to see a few more recent ones before you get my vote.

The ronaldinho one and the sprite look good, the one below the sprite looks good but i don't know how much was already there. First two are way too simple. I'd like to see a few more recent ones before you get my vote.

The futuristic one is a few different images. It's a background image which I rendered and then a stock I found on Google as the background (with effect/colors added)I found the focal point on my hard drive but I can't seem to find the background stock as I don't have it saved on my computer. I do remember the stock being very dull colors (midnight blue to black color scheme) and having no color contrast so I added the orange to blue flow to match in with the render. I also added the lighting source and such.

Also for the first few I started to develop a different style of artwork. It's supposed to be very simple and have matching colors. It also normally contains very few colors that are similar.

The focal point.

Posted Image

EDIT: I checked Google to try and find the background image but unfortunately no picture.  :(

Ah I'm sorry for that. I thought a render was just a cutout of an image (remove the background). What I meant by focal is that I rendered that image to just the character and then used it as my center point in my signature. I'm not really sure how to explain it.  :whistle:

I'd like to see a few more recent ones before you get my vote.

Well I was really tired and wanted to make one quickly as I did.

It took me about 1 hour and 15 minutes to make - including the times to find the stocks.

I over sharpened it a bit too much even though I was going for a sharpened look after seeing some from a few days ago. I wanted to try different effects and different style of art.

Well if you would like to see some more work, I'd get right too it.  ;)

I'll agree with Ikz on this one.

You've shown your activity around the graphics portion of the boards, which is a good thing. Like Connor, the Ronaldinho, the sprite and the guy with the flare(?) caught my eye, but the others are looking just a bit too simple or out of place.

I would definitely like to see more work from you, including more recent signatures... Please, don't be intimidated by our decisions right now, because you definitely have potential :)

So my decision is neither Y or N at this point.

Okay cool, I'll see if any ideas pop up so I can make a few better ones.

EDIT: Just got done making an anime signature. I love the colors and flow in it. I used 11 different C4Ds and lots and lots of effects. Also, if I don't get the position, can I apply in the future if my graphics get better?  :wub:

Re-edit the topic with what you think are the best three, and then I'll advance to a decision.

Okay, I just finished editing the topic. Done.  :unsure2:

Once again, you've had a great understanding of the tool, and you've been active around the gfx portion of the website. You've shown your signatures, although after being asked to make new signatures for your application you had only come up with one new result. Will this be a cripple in how you'll contribute to this board as an artist? Or will you end up becoming one of the many who acieve the rank and leave the forum for good?

I'll wait for Ikz's input on this one. I really wanted to see more than one new signature to be honest  :unsure2:

Once again, you've had a great understanding of the tool, and you've been active around the gfx portion of the website. You've shown your signatures, although after being asked to make new signatures for your application you had only come up with one new result. Will this be a cripple in how you'll contribute to this board as an artist? Or will you end up becoming one of the many who acieve the rank and leave the forum for good?

I'll wait for Ikz's input on this one. I really wanted to see more than one new signature to be honest  :unsure2:

I probably won't be leaving FOE until I quit Runescape and at that point I'll still be active around the boards. Even if I don't get the rank I'll stay active as a guest contributing to the GFX portion of the forums and hope to work my way up to a member.  ^_^

I made one to part-take in the SOTW #45 competition.

Posted Image

Anyways, if you would like to see more, I'll get to it. I'll have to PM you it as Ikz requested for me to clean up the thread with the ones I thought was my best. So out of the ones I've done, I've thought those 3 were the best because of the colors and flow.

Recently my ISP was down while they were upgrading for the past 5 days so I had no internet at all.  :mellow:

None the less, thanks for your input.  :Hi:

Although I probably don't have to say much about this, I'd still like to say that he's improving really fast. Also I don't think he's one of those tards who leave after getting the GFX rank. I mean, most people who go for GFX artists and the rank doesn't mean anything to them, leave after the first time they get declined. To Idolize has already shown that he really wants to improve, just by trying and trying to get better, asking for advice, etc. I remember my applications, which were pretty horrible, because I'm not much of someone who does GFX, more of someone who likes drawing better (okay, and I was, maybe still am, a noob). Anyways. I say Yes. I don't think he's one of those one day flies.

Good luck, Idolize. :nice:

I've made a few posters on my old computer but it crashed and there's no way we know of how to get it back up. I've made the posters in GIMP and trial versions of CS3 until I got this computer and about 2 months ago, I got Photoshop CS3.

I mainly do GFX instead of pixeling/cartoon because I've yet to learn those styles. I'm willing to learn so I can improve though. :)

I've made a few posters on my old computer but it crashed and there's no way we know of how to get it back up. I've made the posters in GIMP and trial versions of CS3 until I got this computer and about 2 months ago, I got Photoshop CS3.

I mainly do GFX instead of pixeling/cartoon because I've yet to learn those styles. I'm willing to learn so I can improve though. :)

It's cool... i am just asking whenever you do them or not.