• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TJ

• i tauntz i

• Dizzy

• gregs

Top Posters In This Topic

This used to be a topic ages ago, got locked. Interested to see how this turns out.

I don't believe in it.

A post from the old topic

"The bible has no prophetic notions. Its contents reflect the basic knowledge of that time, because it was written by humans. In order for your example to be true, it would have to be proven that jesus was real, and indeed the son of god. Obviously this is not, and never will be proven. If you are going to choose to be religious, fine, but you should stick to the concept of faith. When you get into factual debates, you will never win."

/close

Edited by Trev|Low Bridd

I'm part of the Christian church. The only times I ever go to church are for weddings/funerals/baptisms so very rarely.

I'm an agnostic. Meaning I both do and don't believe in God etc. since there is no evidence to prove/disprove his existence. I'm open to the idea sort of.. hard to explain.

This used to be a topic ages ago, got locked. Interested to see how this turns out.

I don't believe in it.

"The bible has no prophetic notions. Its contents reflect the basic knowledge of that time, because it was written by humans. In order for your example to be true, it would have to be proven that jesus was real, and indeed the son of god. Obviously this is not, and never will be proven. If you are going to choose to be religious, fine, but you should stick to the concept of faith. When you get into factual debates, you will never win."

/close

compared to there being nothing at all and then a big bang and then life was here? while i don't believe in any religion myself i can't really say that the big bang theory is any less fiction than the bible i mean all it is is a theory and there is no proof and then even if you can prove the big bang where/how did time begin? where did any type of matter come from etc 

also religion is way more than the creation of life which i feel this topic will descend into loads of people who are religious don't necessarily take the bible word for word and don't really believe in how the word was created its more the teaching and morals the bible teaches people like "thy shall be a good neighbour " 

inb4 adhi's mother reads this and orders a martyr to your house

LOL!

And no. Even as a child when my parents tried to convert me. I knew even then that it was bullshit.

I don't believe in it.

/close

compared to there being nothing at all and then a big bang and then life was here? while i don't believe in any religion myself i can't really say that the big bang theory is any less fiction than the bible i mean all it is is a theory and there is no proof and then even if you can prove the big bang where/how did time begin? where did any type of matter come from etc

also religion is way more than the creation of life which i feel this topic will descend into loads of people who are religious don't necessarily take the bible word for word and don't really believe in how the word was created its more the teaching and morals the bible teaches people like "thy shall be a good neighbour "

L2 watch through the wormhole with Morgan freeman Edited by TJ

The one quote that I can remember from the last topic that was made is.

"Religion was made up by smart people, to control stupid people."

I've always believed that.

Christianity is plain and simple fiction

Religion on the other hand can be anything. Doesn't have to be about a god but can be about runescape or basketball or whatever. Religion has been around since early Mesopotamian times back in the bce days.

Christianity and it's different denominations are all stupid and pointless that seriously in my opinion have so many rules that it really comes short of fucking mortifying yourself to try and reach nirvana but yea that's a bit of my opinion

I like these debates used to have em a lot

Religion finds those worthy enough to understand it, I'm all for believing I'm just not wise enough to comprehend those things needed to become a believer.

Religion finds those worthy enough to understand it, I'm all for believing I'm just not wise enough to comprehend those things needed to become a believer.

lol

lol