5X5

Walli

Couple of weeks ago i decided to fuck it off with the random shit i been plodding along with for a while. Was slacking since my hammy injury and just lack of effort whilst playing rugby etc.

Really refound motivation and got into it last few weeks and now I just wanna build strength, dont care for size or anything like that really etc as I am happy with how I am, its ideal with my rugby. 

So yeah, im currently starting the summer league for rugby so I am getting some fitness back for that but other than that i am just as i said looking to build strength and see what I can get to. 

My diet is pretty nice, I am prob on around 2500 Cals a day

Breakfast 1 = 2/3 eggs

Breakfast 2 = Shake

Lunch 1 = Chicken and Sweet Potato 

Lunch 2 = same as above

Mid afternoon shake before i finish work and go to the gym.

then its generally w/e for tea after i have been to the gym but still usually a good clean meal. 

I have only really been on it strict for the past couple of weeks but I have loved it, much more enjoyable routine for me and tbh it has shown some noticable fatloss gains as well as strength gains. 

I started low with my squat and deads as I wasnt sure how my hammy would hold up as i hadnt done either in months since injuring it around xmas time. However, all has been going well with it so I am looking to push it hard next few weeks. 

At the moment as of last week I got these sets out, all 5 x 5

Bench 90kg - was tough

Deadlift 110kg - fairly easy

Squat 100kg - reasonable

Shoulder BB press 52.5kg - tough

Going to add bent over BB row this coming week.

Also been doing Dips, up to 10kg plate for 5x5 so thats around 100kg total weight.

and pull ups, managed to do 5 sets of 3 reps which is a huge thing as pull ups have been shite for me for a long time lol.

Will see how i get on with it, if any1 else is doing feel free to let me know any tips or tricks or ow you like it.

You seem dedicated, compared to other people (such as myself)
Looking good, how is the hamstring?

They arn't weight lifting shoes as such but when i do running i use some barefoot style shoes, basically they have 0 heel so they are essentially flat so kind of like weight lifting shoes. 

They have helped build strength in my hammy when it comes to running as they kill them when u go running lol.

http://www.barefootathlete.co.uk/Shoes/New+Balance/Minimus+Road+Shoe+MR00.html?gclid=CInGp96AtrcCFYTJtAodjTQAng

I don't think I could ever stick to a diet like that, I hate having the same sandwich everyday at work let alone eating the same thing everysingle day, do you not get bored and just treat yourself? haha

eating is just a means to an end product, ive always been lucky to be able to eat plain and boring food and enjoy them.

i am a margarita and a chicken korma man for example. 

90kg bench done easy no assistance today so will up to 92.5 next time

dead was 125kg with not too much strain really. will go to 135 and see how i do getting the 25 reps done.

always good talking to you about your progress etc. just try and remain 100% consistent and great things will happen mate.

They arn't weight lifting shoes as such but when i do running i use some barefoot style shoes, basically they have 0 heel so they are essentially flat so kind of like weight lifting shoes. 

They have helped build strength in my hammy when it comes to running as they kill them when u go running lol.

http://www.barefootathlete.co.uk/Shoes/New+Balance/Minimus+Road+Shoe+MR00.html?gclid=CInGp96AtrcCFYTJtAodjTQAng

Great running shoes.

As to weightlifting..

If you start to feel any inward rotation in any part of your leg you should look into weightlifting shoes. They really help you with depth of the squat without putting excessive pressure on any of your joints.

Need help let me know, I fr squat 180kg backsquat 190kg  :biggrin:

Edited by Molly