[ High Council ] Colin
don
Kruck
Polar
TBR
[ Council ] Rob

My Assignment

Ultama

So for this semester I have to produce a CD Label, DVD Case and a video advertising a fictional game or movie. We were advised to use a mixture of already existing games and movies to make it easier to get clips to edit our videos with, which explains why i've used a mixture of Mass Effect, Metroid and Star Wars.

What i've done so far:

244w101.jpg

Progress:

qz4v4n.jpg

Progress 2:

24ffmsi.jpg

(Colours look weird because it's designed for printing, not for the internet).

edit: I forgot to mention, none of us have any previous photoshop experience, so this is completely from scratch, without the use of any tutorials etc.

Any CnC is welcome. Not sure what colour to use for the description, suggestions? White and Black doesn't work, andi've tried gradients but i can't seem to get a colour which fits with the background.

Edited by Ultama

The text on the left side the description bit could do a bit of work. Font/Colour is nasty and doesn't look good against back ground.

Thanks guiz ;]

you described it as a semester yet ur from the UK. fake

5fkad4.jpg

Cya l8r m8.

The text on the left side the description bit could do a bit of work. Font/Colour is nasty and doesn't look good against back ground.

Yeah our tutors told us to write something meaningful instead of using text-fills so I had to write all the description out. The end product won't be using red, it's just to make it easier for me to read.

Edited by Ultama

• Assessment 1 (60% of Module Grade)

The brief is to create a DVD package for a film or video game of your choice. The final work you will submit consists of:

o Stage 1 (30 % of Assessment 1 Grades)

Create a DVD case wrap for an Amaray-style case. This must be created in Photoshop. You will be expected to demonstrate, at minimum, that you can set up a Photoshop file with correct size, dp, use selections, filters, layers, layer transparency, levels, selection tools, guides, and apply effects to photos. You must submit the full Photoshop workspace psd file.

o Stage 2 (30% of Assessment 1 Grades)

Create a DVD on-disk label including a logo. This may be created in Photoshop an/or Illustrator. You will be expected to demonstrate, at minimum, use in Illustrator of the pen tool, type tool, placing images, brushes, clipping masks, guides, layers, transparencies, text wrap. You must submit the Illustrator workspace file.

o Stage 3 (40% of Assessment 1 Grades)

Create a short (1 minute) promotional video for your finished package. This must be edited in Premiere, and you may import previously created elements from Photoshop or Illustrator. You will be expected to demonstrate, at minimum, import images and video, setting up a Premiere project with the right frame size and frame rate (and widescreen), trimming clips, adding transitions to clips, and adding titles over clips. You will submit this video as a Quicktime movie file encoded with the DV codec.

• Assessment 2 (40% of Module Grade)

A project logbook detailing how you achieved the work. This logbook should go into considerable technical detail (“I did this, I did that...” is not enough) of the principles used and the reasons for the technical decisions you have made. The following statement is a good example of what is expected: “I decided to create the overlapping text effect by placing text on different layers, because it would be easy to adjust the arrangement later without retyping all the text”.

The logbook will show your complete project design process through images, annotations, sketches, notes, references, etc. It will also act as a design log where you record what you are doing for each stage of the project, what works and what doesn’t, why you have made decision x, etc.

You should consider the logbook not only as a record of the actions you have taken, but an ongoing evaluation of your progress. You should also ensure that you also consider the success of your final designs in terms of what works and what doesn’t, what you would do differently next

ew a university in the UK that describes terms as semesters lol must be bad!

lollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollol. Every university has semesters

ew a university in the UK that describes terms as semesters lol must be bad!

do u even lift breh? lol jk, but srs do you actually go to uni or what? ;o

@ everyone else

thanks <3 x

save your image as png-24

You can't save CMYK as png, only RGB. This image isn't designed for the internet, but for printing. Edited by Ultama

Just thought I'd point out that you used a single c in the word 'acess' as opposed to the correct spelling 'access' in case you're marked down on spelling etc.

The box in the lower left could be reduced by rather a lot to remove the unnecessary unused space, or you could make the text larger.

May I ask, why did you lower the transparency of the main character? You can see the planet through the centre of her body and it looks a bit peculiar/out of place.

This isn't hate, I just thought I'd point out some things that stood out to me. I have no expertise in this field so my points may be invalid so feel free to ignore me completely.