What I have realised.

Walli

since the whole talk of 06 and 07 with these new servers.

far far far too many fucking newfags.

you guys have no idea and the amount of bitching and crying i am seeing is truly hilarious. I know for a fact not one person complaining experienced high quality clanning whether in Foe or any of the clans back then (big and small) because if you did you will realise we dont need the retarded glitz glam show pony update bullshit jagex through at the game.

We dont need clanwars.

We dont need OP weapons

We dont need GE.

The clan becomes a community again rather than bunch of faggots who hate each other because when the game was like this... 90% of the clan skilled together whether combat or none combat skills. You trained together to get the stats to war and pk, you skilled together to get the supplies whether you worked as a team getting different things or just did the same stuff together.

IT WAS COOL TO SKILL. Getting a WC or Mining level didnt mean you were as legit as a naked sefket it meant you were just the same as everybody else.

Clans would just war in the wilderness. What i loved from these private servers from 06 is the sense of warring again, the skill being brought back to some extents... a different skill base but one i prefer to the new scape.

Where you dont have hp and prayer to see in the top of your screen, where it isnt a numbers game and where defence isnt the be all and end all and OP.

You can go into a war out opted and if you spam your balls off and pile better you will win. It also isnt just a mass left click fest (although it prob still will be to an extent as team capes were about although not every1 used./.. i think )

If there are bots then so be it, we will need bots to saturate the economy and boost it... and stabilise it faster.. the quicker we have raw materials in the game farmed the quicker we have set prices.

There brings back a whole new market for people who wanna do things such as like... get Mith Glove quest item kits together and sell for 100k a pop etc... things like that without GE.

There is so many reasons why that type of game was superior. The reason most of you dont like it because you never experienced a high quality clanning or playing experience during it, you were either with a bad clan or you wernt even pure or you were crap and small.

You also have been worn down and become a cancer amongst a cancer of communities where its better to hate than to help.

Deal with it.

I don't recall ever seeing anyone in a team cape before 2007, they were introduced in late 04/early 05 but I don't think anyone actually realized how useful they were lol.

It is true though, everyone moaning about not having the GE or having PvP/BH worlds (why you'd want these piece of shit updates I'll never understand) clearly didn't play back then, or played but wasn't part of a community.

The GE essentially killed off all social ties within the game. I remember talking to almost anyone around whether it was at the fishing guild or cutting magics in camelot or mining in the mining guild, people didn't just ignore you when you talked to them. The community was very tightly knit because you were forced to trade with other people in order to get supplies, and this gave you social confidence to talk to anyone because you always had to trade people so you always were talking. Now it's just you typing in numbers into a mechanic that spits out your items so everyone is the result of a boring, monotone community where the only talking is dice hosters.

IT WAS COOL TO SKILL. Getting a WC or Mining level didnt mean you were as legit as a naked sefket it meant you were just the same as everybody else.

Made me lol

OT:Good read i totally agree with you,back in the days selling stuff in seers village etc so fun hopefully the whole pure community moves to it.

xRAnewC.png

Man the game won't ever be the same as it once was.. EVER. The community was huge back then and at it's peak. A lot have quit since then and aren't coming back. There was always someone to kill in the wild, for example people knew to pking. There was always 100s of ppl multi & that's will never happen again. Everyone that will be playing would be the same people who helped ruin RS. That quote above sums everything up quite perfect.

Oh yeah and the whole thing about clan wars.. Come on do you really think you're going to be able to prep/mini in the wild without getting crashed/1 item'd/sniped by someone with todays clanning community lol? Inb4 newfag you didn't even play! Nah I did but things changed, people changed. I mean come on even ratting/phishing/ddosing is a normal thing now lol. Spies everywhere it just won't work and won't ever be the same.

Lol and the whole rs was ruined and it wasn't a social game anymore etc bots will pretty much run this game since jagex won't be monitoring it at all no bot detection systems. Bots were the thing that killed the social part of runescape??

It will NEVER be the same lol before you call me newfag etc I WAS around and most of the people you'll be playing with are NEW lol. I'm willing to bet not long after it's released everyone will be bitching cause they want kiln/gwd/corp/nex because they can't make money and then they'll just leave. Srs

I'm willing to bet not long after it's released everyone will be bitching cause they want kiln/gwd/corp/nex because they can't make money and then they'll just leave. Srs

and then I'll be rank 1

Good topic Walli mate.

I remember training strength at rock crabs and experiments with clan members whilst sitting on ts joking around, range at pest control with cunts joking about and trolling each other and stunning at zombies with Ikz which was god awful. Never was a fan of questing or skilling but doing it with a few foe members made it bearable.

Wars/mini's were a lot more fun, running in at a random part of the wild. People cry about being crashed but back then you'd call the rest of the clan and you'd rape the fuck out of those who crashed and people got phat lootz.

btw 60

@ Wrecka yeah I guess a majority of the community has changed and people have left. Only a few people remain of Foe who were back in the days that made the game enjoyable for me but that's not to say that the current community couldn't either. I haven't decided whether its worth the time investment yet though with uni/work/gym.

Edited by Tris

I'm willing to bet not long after it's released everyone will be bitching cause they want kiln/gwd/corp/nex because they can't make money and then they'll just leave. Srs

and then I'll be rank 1

Yeah then it'll just be dead again with bots/gold farmers everywhere once again. You guys seems to think we're going back in time to 2007 runescape and playing from there. That same community is no longer the same. Shit changed and it was for the worst. Gl having any sort of event in the wild when clans now have 10 spies and ddos the fuck out of each others. Inb4 you call me new and ask me if I even played lulz.

I mean i'd play a bit but not for $20 and I wouldn't expect the community to be anything like it was in '07 lol

Edited by Wrecka

Good topic Walli mate.

I remember training strength at rock crabs and experiments with clan members whilst sitting on ts joking around, range at pest control with cunts joking about and trolling each other and stunning at zombies with Ikz which was god awful.

????????????? you mean the best time of your life right

ge was the best thing to happen to rs

LMAO Newfag?? Did you even play man? Autotyping in w2 until you got what wanted was the shit man. W2 was so packed and everyone was merching there or at cammy! Now that we're going back to 2007 everyone will magically be back!! Bet you never even experienced it lol!

Lol @ sanity bro pretty sure the people playing know how to cast barrage and auto attack with a whip and switch to dds by now. LMAO. Pretty delusional if you ask me lol.. 1 item switches are so much harder than people who main brid, pure brid.. Once again thinking the community is exactly the same as 2007. lawd..

Edited by Wrecka

since the whole talk of 06 and 07 with these new servers.

far far far too many fucking newfags.

you guys have no idea and the amount of bitching and crying i am seeing is truly hilarious. I know for a fact not one person complaining experienced high quality clanning whether in Foe or any of the clans back then (big and small) because if you did you will realise we dont need the retarded glitz glam show pony update bullshit jagex through at the game.

We dont need clanwars.

We dont need OP weapons

We dont need GE.

You also have been worn down and become a cancer amongst a cancer of communities where its better to hate than to help.

Deal with it.

THIS THIS THIS THIS.

90% of the kids complaining about no ge, cwa, etc. are NEWFAGS. If you didn't clan in 07-pre 07scape you really have no say in this what so fucking ever. You're new, deal with the fact that we had to put up with a lot more bullshit than a lot of you guys ever had to.

You don't need a GE. You can spam like the rest of us in w2 fally, I did that for years and years.

You don't need clanwars. You can be a fucking man and take it to the wildy.

You don't need OP weapons. You can learn to fucking PK like a man, you shouldn't have to two hit someone every 1/3 fights, hell you shouldn't be able to do that period.

The fact of the matter is, those that cry about the "slowness" of PvP at the time are one or more of the following:

1. Rs3 Products

2. Absolutely, positively, undeniably horrible at PKing

3. Mentally challenged

Sorry that Jagex won't bring back the days of prods, no one had fun then, and none of you that think you're good in battlescape will succeed in 07scape, period. LOL I tell you guys this all the time, the majority of players who started PKing after the removal of the wilderness will not be able to hack it with us old schoolers.

most of that is true wrecka

however im not expecting it to be the same or better.

just better than what we had and certainly better than what we got lol

most of that is true wrecka

however im not expecting it to be the same or better.

just better than what we had and certainly better than what we got lol

Just annoying when people are calling others newfags etc just cause we know what to expect lol. I mean i'd play but I know for a fact many others would have wanted clan wars in there to actually have an enjoyable prep. Yeah I know what you mean by it being better than what we have. All pservers are shit lol.

$20 is a bit much for runescape though.

wrecka im not refering to people like you, i agree with the people who dont like it because it wont be as it was etc.

im just laughing at the people who have never experienced anything but the bullshit scape became and think thats the be all and end all.

Good topic walli and fuck you making that joke.

New fags need to shut the fuck up. You never had to go through all the bullshit jagex put us through. 2005-2007 was the best years. The tutorial island, pking people in edge dung, do unids runs in edge dung, so much good shit back then.

Yea good topic. I was in Legendary Pures in 2007 back when it 1st started and it was honestly a lot of fun just running around owning people and shit. I remember I would fish lobsters at karamja and run them back, and sat on a looter as well picking up adamant arrows for extra cash.

I really hope we can get 500k votes because I want to see a distinction between the two benefits of being F2P and P2P. Personally I think I will enjoy this update for this upcoming summer, and it sucks that it was not introduced prior to EOC. The good times of Range 2h are going to be loads of fun.

Clanning wont change though, the same downies will open and close several clans during this era/decade if it occurs, and it will be the same shit filled with propaganda, DDoSing, DOXing/Hacking and what not. This is a new community in general and things will never change.

A majority of the people bitching and moaning can bitch and moan all they want, they can sit on there retarded private servers and enjoy some cheap shit of the game rather then the real deal. Enjoy down time and the fear of getting your personal information leaked as well.

Hopefully once the servers come out around this summer we can make the most out of them and have small groups of people pking and having a blast. Personally bots will be developed a week after the release of this 2007 remake and it wont be hard to get some semi decent stats.

At the end of the day its better than this Battlescape shit, its mort interactive and will be loads of fun