07 is stupid

Perm Oil

Honestly think the GE was single handedly one of the best updates they added.

Looking back at it now, the GE really made the game run more smoothly for players but I think it took some elements out of the game I miss. Back when the game was incredibly popular, the economy on it ran great without the GE though. Merchanting was fun, and I would even argue that it made the game enjoyable. Spending 10 minutes finding the right price for a whip and having to discuss negotiations and then finally getting it was a lot more enjoyable then putting coins in the GE and waiting 10 seconds.

GE changed the game a lot though in so many ways... can't deny that.

Also, hi TJ!!! :biggrin:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ikz

• TJ

• Jonny

• Perm Oil

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly think the GE was single handedly one of the best updates they added.

Looking back at it now, the GE really made the game run more smoothly for players but I think it took some elements out of the game I miss. Back when the game was incredibly popular, the economy on it ran great without the GE though. Merchanting was fun, and I would even argue that it made the game enjoyable. Spending 10 minutes finding the right price for a whip and having to discuss negotiations and then finally getting it was a lot more enjoyable then putting coins in the GE and waiting 10 seconds.

GE changed the game a lot though in so many ways... can't deny that.

Also, hi TJ!!! :biggrin:

HEY GURL! :D And I agree, pros and cons to the GE

are you retarded lol

coming from a forum mod for a battlescape clan

hurrrrr

I would like to be forums mod :p

no seriously you must understand that there are many old school who played this game when you still went to kindergarden and they enjoyed the game for what it was.

Its like when people who do not know old rs start arguing about eoc being cooler than rs2 because eoc has sooo many more options and it takes soo much more skill, right?

I started this game when i was 8 (2003), and I don't want it to downgrade to those shit graphics, and those shit old ways that we used to enjoy before we were introduced to something BETTER.

The things they added after your beloved 2007 were added to help us, and make us enjoy the game a lot more.

I loved playing rs back then, but it is merely nostalgia, I know I probably just overloaded your foreign brain, but please try to think before you post.

You just sealed yourself as a forum enemy lol. Most of us loved the game before they made major changes. You probably didn't pk much, so Ill let your statment fly. But on the other hand, jagex has progressively ruined the pvp aspect of the game. The keep coming out with new updates to draw in new players but they've only killed out the current ones. I think the 2 biggest mistakes they made were 1 wild removal and 2 hp into constitution 1000 hp bullshit. If they come back with a 2006-2007 rs, I wouldn't complain. As long as they true to the way we want it.

oh god no, not a forum enemy!

I mean hitpoints changing. Now you could be hit a 468hit, 187veng, 19 recoil, 17 in blue numbers ( still no clue)

The grand exchange.

really just leave these two aspects. Pking was so different if you quitt in 2006 and would have come back in 2012.

The grand exchange changed the whole interacting. The communtiy. The game.

Blue number is what you absorb

lol Perm, theres nothing wrong with you never playing the 07 version of the game. But it was completely different and different people played. It really was less geared towards "hardcore" gamers like it is today.

Todays game is focused on getting things done fast and having it now, with more focus on yourself than others.

Before 08 the game was harder and it required you to set goals, meet other people to succeed, and encouraged a good community.

I had more fun in 07 when I had 20mil to my name and shitty stats than when I quit about a year and a half ago with several billion and 99's everywhere.

I don't expect you to ever have the same view as I do on this. Nothing wrong with that.

Edited by Adam

lol Perm, theres nothing wrong with you never playing the 07 version of the game. But it was completely different and different people played. It really was less geared towards "hardcore" gamers like it is today.

Todays game is focused on getting things done fast and having it now, with more focus on yourself than others.

Before 08 the game was harder and it required you to set goals, meet other people to succeed, and encouraged a good community.

I had more fun in 07 when I had 20mil to my name and shitty stats than when I quit about a year and a half ago with several billion and 99's everywhere.

I don't expect you to ever have the same view as I do on this. Nothing wrong with that.

I can see you haven't read the previous posts I made stating the fact that I started when I was 8 (2003), you can say that as much as I can say you didn't play in 2007.

PvP & BH > Plain wilderness.

I think those were added in 2010 not 2007 lol.

Thank god G.E is gone, that shit was cancer, and fucked up the economy.

No Turmoil/Ovls/Dung fuck yeah.

bh came at the end of 2007

Those were craters not BountyHunter Target/PvP.

Old BH with craters sucked dick lmfao.

ppl r retards if they think anything before 08 is fun, it was only fun cuz u were a fucktard 8 year old (dizzy was like 4) and u didnt know what u were doing. wonder why 06scape sucks dick ? cuz u know how to play this game yh good one if u think <08 is fun anyway fuck you all

/rant

Edited by Devon

Those were craters not BountyHunter Target/PvP.

Old BH with craters sucked dick lmfao.

those were the start of them, and nah, they didn't

you just didn't make as much money as when pvp rolled around

ppl r retards if they think anything before 08 is fun, it was only fun cuz u were a fucktard 8 year old (dizzy was like 4) and u didnt know what u were doing. wonder why 06scape sucks dick ? cuz u know how to play this game yh good one if u think <08 is fun anyway fuck you all

/rant

Yeah this lol

I don't give a fuck about skilling all day/merching. Most people want it back for clanning and clan wars is a big part of that..

I laughed at this topic.

You guys all bitch and moan about things and saying Runescape is going to suck and shit because its from 2007. 2007 WAS THE CLIMAX OF RUNESCAPE. Clanning was at its peak, and the memberbase was at its best.

Right now FOE is sitting on a Private server with a unreliable host paying around 6$ a month for basically membership being down half the time. The service is shit, and is ran by a 20 year from his basement.

Jagex is an official company meaning that there will be no downtime and it will be loads of fun once everyone gets the stats. Also remember there will be a strong presence of botting and what not meaning a majority of you dont have to even train your account.

Just some videos from 2007 of what clanning was:

Its going to be better than ever. Going to buy membership on my Runescape Account and going to vote friday. Honestly cant wait for this update.

Edited by Co0kiezs

I laughed at this topic.

You guys all bitch and moan about things and saying Runescape is going to suck and shit because its from 2007. 2007 WAS THE CLIMAX OF RUNESCAPE. Clanning was at its peak, and the memberbase was at its best.

Right now FOE is sitting on a Private server with a unreliable host paying around 6$ a month for basically membership being down half the time. The service is shit, and is ran by a 20 year from his basement.

Jagex is an official company meaning that there will be no downtime and it will be loads of fun once everyone gets the stats. Also remember there will be a strong presence of botting and what not meaning a majority of you dont have to even train your account.

Its going to be better than ever. Going to buy membership on my Runescape Account and going to vote friday. Honestly cant wait for this update.

only cool looking thing is f2p, and still have fun training in 2007, i remember, it was awful.

I laughed at this topic.

only cool looking thing is f2p, and still have fun training in 2007, i remember, it was awful.

If you actually think I am going to train than you are a complete fucking idiot. There was something in 2012 called a "bot" that I will be using a long with about 70% of the people in this clan.

I laughed at this topic.

The memberbase is not coming back. There's no way it's going to be better than ever, not even comming close if you have to pay an extra $15 for it...

It's plain stupid to "remake" the game without some updates which improved the game alot.

I laughed at this topic.

Yeah all that's true but what i hl'd is the keyword. Everyone since then has quit and the memberbase is far smaller lol. Clanning will be full of 30 def even without turmoil. Clans will still be ddosing and shit like that. It'll never be the same as it once was and that's that. Yeah we might be able to bot but it'll take a while till we can even get the supplies we need and shit. Plus botting and getting banned is not the same anymore as now you'll be losing $20 instead of $5. Edited by Wrecka

'i dont want to play something therefore it's a bad idea'

shut up u neek no1 cares

No, it's a bad idea because of the things I made in my post.

Idiot.

its clearly not though is it because a majority of people think it's a good idea, whether or not a game will be a good idea is based off of how many people would enjoy it, u may be a little neek who only enjoyed sitting there masturbating over ur summoned honey badger while killing level 60 mains in the white portal using your extremes, but other people enjoyed the game without that stuff.. it's not like prior to 2007 u were like 'i cbf to play this game anymore, there arent even any potions that are better than super.. and you can't even summon shit.. ' is it. jam ur hype rudeboi

Yep, and when idiots who were "all for these epic new 2007 servers" realize that instead of clicking a tab that get's them across the map. They get to walk there! That' right, you get to walk all over the game, no sense in afking, who has a life anyways?

You even get to sit there and spam for an hour trying to buy a rune scim, you used to be able to buy it with 2 clicks! I hope you enjoy your game, I can picture a majority of these naive children quitting within 5 months. I wish these idiots would go play some shit server like Projectrs06 instead of bitching about how they want their 2006/2007 servers back. Some of us took the initiative to obtain things like chaotics/dung/overloads, while the rest of you sat there jacking off to league of legends. Shoot yourself you lifeless neckbeard

do u even lift?