• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Steroids

• Snipers

• Teh Combos

• Dravid

The Pro's outweigh the Con's for me, which is why i haven't quit.

The only Con's would be, i used to play a bit too much and used to sometimes choose scape > going out. But that's in the past and that has changed now, Rl will always > Scape.

Pro's would be, i'm a hell of a lot more computer-literate, i've made money off it, I've met a hella lot of nice people both IRL and Online through the game. And it's just something to waste some spare time... I tried quitting for a week and just found myself bored during the weekdays lol....

And all you guys hating on him, Fuck off. You all say how much you don't scape and shit, yet you're on a fucking runescape forum 24/7 Get a life, You don't fit in here idiots, you're the reason our community has gone to shit recently.

THANKYOU!

Someone with some common sense.

Just thought i'd start an interesting topic to see other people's like view on rs and what it's done for them, didn't expect all the trolls would come out of their hole and say we all need lives. Considering basically everyone plays rs here alot i'd assume if your in foe.

But thanks for that.

Don't let a video game, interfere with your life. Simple.

Not hating on you here, but that's just like saying "Don't let drugs interfere with your life" or "Don't let alchohol interfere with your life" or "Don't let smoking interfere with your life" You know, those 3 things are addictive, and sometimes, once people try it, they get addicted. They try their best to quit, but can't. Some people can quit easier than others, however other's both physically and mentally can't, so the whole topic was pretty much trying to find out, what's it done to them. Like i said, not hating.

Don't let a video game, interfere with your life. Simple.

Not hating on you here, but that's just like saying "Don't let drugs interfere with your life" or "Don't let alchohol interfere with your life" or "Don't let smoking interfere with your life" You know, those 3 things are addictive, and sometimes, once people try it, they get addicted. They try their best to quit, but can't. Some people can quit easier than others, however other's both physically and mentally can't, so the whole topic was pretty much trying to find out, what's it done to them. Like i said, not hating.

Explain this...

I'm on runescape killing bandits right now, honestly I am.

If I got a text/call from a friend asking if they wanted to hang out, or chill and do something.

What do you think i'd do?

Tell them no? Or go hang out with them?

I'd probably tell them no, because it's 6:30 AM and It's thanksgiving... lol.

It's all on your decisions, if you're the type of person who wants to play Runescape > hanging out with friends, then you got some problems... haha.

Don't compare this to drugs.

Steroids is right..

my parents sent me to rehab over my addiction, it was as bad as you r d3ds. I was a real virg like him

warnpmod.gif "my parents sent me to rehab over my addiction, it was as bad as you r d3ds. I was a real virg like him"

Don't need trolls on these forums. You're on "Moderated" till further notice. - Sefket

http://www.foe-rs.com/forums/rs-general-chat/how-has-runescape-affected-your-lives/msg877319/#msg877319

Started scape year 7. Grades where good up to year 7. Went to highschool , failed all my exams , due to rs . At school for the last 4 years i day dreamed about runescape. Runescape got me kicked off the computers weekdays . Runescape thieving got me thieving my mums cash everday for pins . Runescape got me snaking pins off my grandads phone line . Runescape got me making pk vids on paper during physics . Runescape got me rushing my bro irl with d claws . Runescape got me ice barraging in the shower . Runescape got me bad reports every term . Runescape got me on the game 5am every morning . Runescape got me mad whenever i lost bank staking . Runescape got me drawing up plans of stats/items in my maths book . Runescape got me pking in maths with calculators for random hits . Runescape got me attached to the shit game . Runescape got my teachers ringing my parents saying he wont stop talking . Runescape was a game back in year 7 , now its just a bad habit . Runescape got me spending my life on a game . Runescape got me trying to make a shortbow irl . Basically runescape has fucked my life . Only pros about runescape is im a better troll , in a community with people all around the world . Im not proud to say but runescape took my life away the last 5 years .. And im gradually slipping away from scape now. I never liked people knowing i play rs , i weigh 65kg and am 17 . My life can still become great

thats weird because a similar thing happened to me. Started scape year 7. Grades where good up to year 7. Went to highschool , failed all my exams , due to rs . At school for the last 4 years i day dreamed about runescape. Runescape got me kicked off the computers weekdays . Runescape thieving got me thieving my mums cash everday for pins . Runescape got me snaking pins off my grandads phone line . Runescape got me making pk vids on paper during physics . Runescape got me rushing my bro irl with d claws . Runescape got me ice barraging in the shower . Runescape got me bad reports every term . Runescape got me on the game 5am every morning . Runescape got me mad whenever i lost bank staking . Runescape got me drawing up plans of stats/items in my maths book . Runescape got me pking in maths with calculators for random hits . Runescape got me attached to the shit game . Runescape got my teachers ringing my parents saying he wont stop talking . Runescape was a game back in year 7 , now its just a bad habit . Runescape got me spending my life on a game . Runescape got me trying to make a shortbow irl . Basically runescape has fucked my life . Only pros about runescape is im a better troll , in a community with people all around the world . Im not proud to say but runescape took my life away the last 5 years .. And im gradually slipping away from scape now. I never liked people knowing i play rs , i weigh 65kg and am 17 . My life can still become great

No way that happened to you guys too?!?! thats weird because a similar thing happened to me. Started scape year 7. Grades where good up to year 7. Went to highschool , failed all my exams , due to rs . At school for the last 4 years i day dreamed about runescape. Runescape got me kicked off the computers weekdays . Runescape thieving got me thieving my mums cash everday for pins . Runescape got me snaking pins off my grandads phone line . Runescape got me making pk vids on paper during physics . Runescape got me rushing my bro irl with d claws . Runescape got me ice barraging in the shower . Runescape got me bad reports every term . Runescape got me on the game 5am every morning . Runescape got me mad whenever i lost bank staking . Runescape got me drawing up plans of stats/items in my maths book . Runescape got me pking in maths with calculators for random hits . Runescape got me attached to the shit game . Runescape got my teachers ringing my parents saying he wont stop talking . Runescape was a game back in year 7 , now its just a bad habit . Runescape got me spending my life on a game . Runescape got me trying to make a shortbow irl . Basically runescape has fucked my life . Only pros about runescape is im a better troll , in a community with people all around the world . Im not proud to say but runescape took my life away the last 5 years .. And im gradually slipping away from scape now. I never liked people knowing i play rs , i weigh 65kg and am 17 . My life can still become great

Played in 2004-2007. Wild went away. Quit and life didn't really change much. Came back in 2011 and life slowly went down hill. Quit earlier this month. Life going up. I think it's just because I'm older.

The Pro's outweigh the Con's for me, which is why i haven't quit.

The only Con's would be, i used to play a bit too much and used to sometimes choose scape > going out. But that's in the past and that has changed now, Rl will always > Scape.

Pro's would be, i'm a hell of a lot more computer-literate, i've made money off it, I've met a hella lot of nice people both IRL and Online through the game. And it's just something to waste some spare time... I tried quitting for a week and just found myself bored during the weekdays lol....

And all you guys hating on him, Fuck off. You all say how much you don't scape and shit, yet you're on a fucking runescape forum 24/7 Get a life, You don't fit in here idiots, you're the reason our community has gone to shit recently.

You are the main reason our community has gone to pot. Hacking/Scamming/Mistrust due to FT and people finding themselves not knowing who to trust because of people like you.

As for the topic

Fuck sake please can you try using PARAGRAPHS

Apart from that, I play too much, but I've made a LOT of money which is what I use to justify playing so much. This is kinda hard to get your head around as you don't live my life.

I'm quite isolated atm due to a number of reasons but that should change within the next 6-12 months. What you should do?

QUIT RS

warnmute.gif Has been warned several times to stop talking shit. However he cannot. Muted until he realizes. ~Pete

hmm I know I spend too much time infront of the screen. But I go party 2 times a week, I am over average in school but still should be better and could be if I quitt. I have my sport and never miss out on oppurtunities. Thats why I often have breaks of a few weeks, or the entire last year but then play more at other times. It really depends, I know its not good for me but i still do it