[ High Council ] Colin
don
Kruck
Polar
TBR
[ Council ] Rob

Evolution

MikeQ

Believing god created everything is not only wrong, but dangerous.

There is more evidence that proves that it was evolution, but you are just closing the book of the theory of religion. You cant because that is also a possibility, and I doubt its dangerous most people find happiness and hope from religion.

The smart religious people know god wants you to do be happy, do good, worship him, and work on what you want yourself, God wont always hand you what you want on a silver platter. But it isnt dangerous beleiving one thing over the other, because I dont see how it effects us, Maybe you can say something like: "If we beleive that god created everything then we will be sitting there in blind ignorance." BUT, IT maybe is/maybe isnt true.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MikeQ

• karma pures

• Murder He Wrote

• watch me tb

Actually we do have a right to our opinion, damn man how bad has that zeitgeist bullshit been effecting you?

You do not have the right to an opinion that is baseless. You do not have the right to assume something works a certain way with no way of backing yourself. You do have the right to all of the information that is necessary to make a logical conclusion on a matter. Opinions are useless.

Off topic: Btw most of the zeitgeist stuff is wrong, as right as and convincing as it might sound, no, most of it is wrong.

There are several things I do not agree with in the zeitgeist films. However, the overall message is entirely accurate. Please enlighten me as to what is wrong with zeitgeist.

There is more evidence that proves that it was evolution, but you are just closing the book of the theory of religion. You cant because that is also a possibility, and I doubt its dangerous most people find happiness and hope from religion.

There is an equal possibility that an invisible pink unicorn created everything. Until some evidence is presented that god created us, it is irrelevant. Religion does not give hope, it gives a false sense of comfort. People believe that they will be rewarded in some afterlife, and that the evil will be punished. This is a restrictive train of thought.

The smart religious people know god wants you to do be happy, do good, worship him, and work on what you want yourself, God wont always hand you what you want on a silver platter. But it isnt dangerous beleiving one thing over the other, because I dont see how it effects us, Maybe you can say something like: "If we beleive that god created everything then we will be sitting there in blind ignorance." BUT, IT maybe is/maybe isnt true.

The large majority of religious people are not smart about it. Just look at almost every war in man's history. Look at the scientists who were put to death because they believed that the earth revolved around the sun. Once again, until some evidence is presented, religion is irrelevant.

OK I AM NOW SICK OF THIS TOPIC!

YOU CREATED THIS TOPIC SPECIFICALLY TO FLAME ANYONE WHO TALKED AGAINST EVOLUTION.

I SUGGEST YOU LOCK THIS TOPIC, BECAUSE YOU'RE JUST REPEATING YOURSELF CONSTANTLY, AND NOBODY REALLY CARES AS MUCH AS YOU.

I created this topic to discuss different theories of evolution, as there are a few. God has nothing to do with it, and after the 10th person brought up religion, I had to deal with it.

I suggest you don't post on this topic if you don't care.

I SUGGEST YOU LOCK THIS TOPIC, BECAUSE YOU'RE JUST REPEATING YOURSELF CONSTANTLY, AND NOBODY REALLY CARES AS MUCH AS YOU.

I care, I just have very little to say on the subject.

yes, it has been proven.

there's no evidence that could be found to prove it any further.

if there was a video of a man evolving, people still wouldn't believe tbh.

i believe in evolution 100% but it is still the THEORY of evolution...

I beleive in God although when I go on to desperatly think about how we were born and we came to meet existance.  It's so hard to beleive in somethong so almighty. But, considering we can only go on what is past down, I beleive there is a God.

People who beleive in the Monkey theory, you have to think about who made the monkeys.

Perhaps we did evolve from Apes and such. But, either way I believe a certain someone created this all.

All life is originally derived from the Big Bang.

Why is it so hard for you to believe that it was all created out of thin air, people used to believe flys spawned from rotting flesh, and frogs/toads from mud etc etc. Yet you'd all rather believe some man on a cloud in the sky made everything, rather then believe in science, which ACTUALLY HAS SOMETHING TO BACK IT THE FUCK UP.

in all fairness.. science said the earth was flat.

and, there can be nothing 100% proven in science, just 99.999999% repeting. cuz noone can acually no for sure.

Science didn't say the earth was flat, scientists did. Science is merely a tool we use to evaluate evidence, it's not a belief system. People act as if science is an alternative to religion, when the two have nothing in common.

Murder He Wrote

science never thought the earth was flat, folk stories, were made when people disappeared after long sea voyages.... someone had said they fell of the face of the earth, and that's where it came from, no science to it, and many thing have been proven 100% thanks? nothing can be proven in religion.....not even .000000000000001 percent......so gtfo with that....

science never thought the earth was flat, folk stories, were made when people disappeared after long sea voyages.... someone had said they fell of the face of the earth, and that's where it came from, no science to it, and many thing have been proven 100% thanks? nothing can be proven in religion.....not even .000000000000001 percent......so gtfo with that....

..... not even going to fight with you man. your never going to change you oppinion im never going to change mine. i wasnt freaking out... you, the smarty pants that knows it all, is.

Come on now let's try to stay on topic. There's no need to get into ego fights.

The truth cannot be told, it can only be realized. You can tell others they are wrong all you want, but that just creates enemies. However, that is not an excuse to form a belief and ignore opposing viewpoints. You have to keep yourself open to new ways of thinking about a subject.

alwayse open to new ideas. im never going to say that i will believe in one thing forever. if something better comes along then that is what i will choose. same with religion, im agnostic, i will never say there isnt a god, but i dont really know... its all too goddam confusing.

Murder He Wrote

lol i was just disproving your hypothesis that science can prove nothing, and that the earth was flat because of science?

come on now, this is a debate? your counter argument please?

This is just flame wars between the two sides. I can't help to notice the same few people posting stuff.

That zeitgeist crap has REALLY messed you up - there is a world out there!!!!

K I'm gone, no point quarreling with a bunch of idiot guests.

Kyle|Lol The PK

This is just flame wars between the two sides. I can't help to notice the same few people posting stuff.

That zeitgeist crap has REALLY messed you up - there is a world out there!!!!

^

Anyway it's almost a waste of time creating debate threads on this forum. No one even knows how to debate correctly without flaming. (Connor, Murder He Wrote, etc.)

I'm still waiting for someone to tell me how zeitgeist has messed me up  o.O

And I've realized debates here are pointless. I won't be starting anymore threads.

stay open to different viewpoints? Religion is a far inferior way of thinking, why the fuck would i open myself up to it.

if your not even going to give it a chance, then shows exactly what i said in the other post. athiests, maybe not all, are ignorant. they wont even spend the time to try and learn the other side... if you really believe in what you say you do, then you should put you foot in both shoes.

Sorry for double post.

i found this quote from a magazine

"The purpose of science is to find out why something is the way it is. The purpose of religion is to find out Who it is that stands behind all reality. The why of things can be tested and re-tested in carfully controlled settings. the Who of life can only be encountered through faith. Scientists misunderstand their own methods and purpose when they declare that there is not God behind this universe simply because this data is not subject to experiment. And religionists misunderstand the bible when the ignore the literary forms in which it was written and presuppose that God is trying to tell us how the world began."