[ High Council ] Colin
don
Kruck
Polar
TBR
[ Council ] Rob

Swine Flu Pandemic

Camo

Probably everyone in the world heard about this 'pandemic', and if you didn't you obviously live under a rock. My uncle is a Biomedical/Research Scientist and is currently studying the virus and how it's evolving, and trying to find a cure. He fills me in on everything and I pretty much know alot about it so far. I will add more stuff to this as needed because this virus is constantly evolving. I just decided to put this in cause I see alot of panic in #finalownage chat and I wanna fill everyone in as to what is going on.

Swine flu is a respiratory disease of pigs caused by Type A Influenza viruse. Outbreaks in pigs is very common, and is almost never transmitted to humans. But human infections can and do occur. Normally this happens to farmers who are around pigs who is carrying the virus, the virus normally doesn't evolve and causes nothing more than flu like symptoms. But in this case it is possible for the virus to transmit from person to person also.

The symptoms of it in people are similar to the symptoms of the normal human flu, which includes; fever, cough, sore throat, body aches, ear infections, head ache, chills and fatigue. Some people even report diahrea and vommiting. Severe symptoms can lead to respiratory failure and death. Like normal flu, swine flu may cause a worsening of chronic medical conditions such as asthma, athritus, heart disease, and muscle conditions.

Between 2005 and Januaray 2009 only 12 human cases were reported of having the swine flu, with no deaths occuring.

Spread of swine flu can occur in 2 ways; the first way through contact with infected pigs or environments contaminated.

The second way is through contact with a person who is infected with the virus. It is normally spread human to human by coughing or sneezing.

Medicines that can treat swine flu:

There is currently no vacine available that is able to protect against swine flu. There is everyday actions that can help increase the chance of staying swine-free. These are: Wash your hands atleast 4 times a day. Try not to use public bathrooms, bring hand sanitizer where ever you go, and if you have to cough, cough in your arm.

Timeline of how the flu is evolving and spreading:

April 26th - 33 Cases of Swine Flu in Mexico, No fatalities.

April 27th - Pandemic level raised to level 2. 113 Cases of Swine Flu in Mexico, 23 Cases in New Zealand, and 8 Cases in Canada. 8 Fatalities in Mexico.

April 28th - 645 Cases of Swine Flu in Mexico, 63 Cases in New Zealand, 54 Cases in Canada, 8 Cases reported in Israel. 168 Fatalities in Mexico.

April 29th - Pandemic level raised to level 5, Martial Law Reported in Areas of Mexico. Around 2000 Cases of Swine Flu in Mexico, 134 Cases in New Zealand, 88 Cases in Canada, 52 Cases in Israel, 18 Cases in United States, 344 Cases in China, 800-Some Fatalites in Mexico, 1-3 Fatalities in United States. Disease also spotted in the Middle East, Countrys not known at this time.

April 30th -

May 1st -

May 2nd -

May 3rd -

May 4th -

At first we didn't think it would be able to survive the cold conditions of Canada and the US. It's evolving at a rate that the infection level should triple each day, and if there is no cure in a month we are probably looking at 30M+ Infections and 200k+ Fatalities.

I will update this everyday and hopefully you guys find it helpful. I found all the information myself, through internet and my uncle. All put into my own words. Hope this helps.

If you guys want to know something, post down below and I will be happy to answer your questions, I want all Foe to be Swine free and be aware of this.

God Speed,

`Camo N1te

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• I C0NN0R I

• Ow 3 Hit

• Camo

• Zero

i heard the people who have got it over in the Uk are only showing mild symptoms and it can be dealt with

the only people to die are the mexicans...basically its down to them being to poor to afford appropiate health service

thank fuck for the NHS :D

x itsonme x

i not scared the media blew up avian flu the same way swine flu is being blown up and as i remember avian flu didn't influence my life in any way besides the only ppl who die are the ones who dont get treated or already have major problems so dont be a hero just see a doctor asap

At first we didn't think it would be able to survive the cold conditions of Canada and the US. It's evolving at a rate that the infection level should triple each day, and if there is no cure in a month we are probably looking at 30M+ Infections and 200k+ Fatalities.

Dont you think thats a lil too much? Seems like it :X, if not thats crazy.