Acne

Jon

So I had bad outbreaks of Acne from when I was 14 to about 16. From 16 till now I used to just get the odd pimple, but recently I have been getting a couple on my back and some on my chin. I shower either directly after working out or about an hour after. I rarely eat unhealthy foods (pop, chips, ect...). Do any of you have a clue or can relate to why I might be getting this? I'm starting to think it might just be some late puberty?

Also any suggestions on how to get rid of them. I have medication and have tried proactive but it's resilient.

Well Proactive worked for Jessica Simpson I don't understand why it didn't work for you the commercials say it works and Jessica Simpsons famous so it has to work rite?

O and when you shower wash your face really good with soap.

5 month wait here to see a dermatologist... I don't think it's that serious but I do loose a bit of confidence when I have a pimple on my face :(

Mostly hormonal when it happens i think, theres a difference between bad spots and acne though. Just dont pick them and you'll grow out of them. If you pick them you'll end up with scars

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Jon,

Some effective tips for you to get rid of acne:

Do regular exercise and reduce stress,

Drink plenty of water daily,

Do take raw food, nuts and seeds more in your diet meals,

Reduce or limit refined carbohydrates and sugar intake,

Limit dairy products and red meat,

Avoid caffeine.

Hi Jon,

Some effective tips for you to get rid of acne:

Do regular exercise and reduce stress,

Drink plenty of water daily,

Do take raw food, nuts and seeds more in your diet meals,

Reduce or limit refined carbohydrates and sugar intake,

Limit dairy products and red meat,

Avoid caffeine.

notsureifsrs.jpg

I had bad acne from 17-18. From my research and tried and tested methods this is what it comes down to -

Acne is like being fat, it can be unpreventable in some cases, but there's always things you can do to tone it down.

> Shower daily, 1-2 is fine, don't over do it, it'll make it worse.

> Don't use perfume-based soap, no lynx shower gels, etc. Just normal soap, infact - I find washing my face with a cheap shampoo is great.

> Avoid touching your face.

> Cut your finger nails very low.

> Wash hands often as possible, with soap then a dry sanitizer.

> Don't eat junk food. McDonald's is the worst for me, gives me a lot more spots than any other fast food.

> Get plenty of sunlight, sunbeds help A LOT too. Terrible for your health, amazing for acne.

> Drink A LOT of water.

> Don't smoke weed, GHB, or anything of the sort, avoid alcohol.

> A regular/healthy sleeping pattern.

> Sleep with the window open.

> Avoid stresses - therefore, if you have acne, try not to stress about having it, it'll just make it worse.

> Don't use a cheap razor.

> If possible (highly unlikely), sleep on your back.

> Avoids wearing scarves, collared shirts and coats.

> When washing your face, use hot water, then cold immediately after.

> Prescription treatments work, tell your doctor its effecting you. Don't use it for a week, claim its not working then stop. Drug treatments WILL make it worse before making it better, your acne will be quite inflamed for a short while, but it will eventually get rid of it (Forever hopefully).

> Lazer treatment is available if you have a spare £500 laying about.

> Working out does cause acne because of the chemicals it produces, this is unavoidable, hopefully your body will eventually get used to it and it'll stop. However, sweaty gym gear, wiping of the face, not washing afterwards, etc doesn't help.

> Do NOT pick your acne. There is correct ways to dry out, pop and clean them, but unless you're a border-line professional you're probably gunna end up with 3 in its place or scaring.

I had bad acne from 17-18. From my research and tried and tested methods this is what it comes down to -

Acne is like being fat, it can be unpreventable in some cases, but there's always things you can do to tone it down.

> Don't use perfume-based soap, no lynx shower gels, etc. Just normal soap, infact - I find washing my face with a cheap shampoo is great.

> Don't eat junk food. McDonald's is the worst for me, gives me a lot more spots than any other fast food.

> Get plenty of sunlight, sunbeds help A LOT too. Terrible for your health, amazing for acne.

> Drink A LOT of water.

> Avoid stresses - therefore, if you have acne, try not to stress about having it, it'll just make it worse.

> Prescription treatments work, tell your doctor its effecting you. Don't use it for a week, claim its not working then stop. Drug treatments WILL make it worse before making it better, your acne will be quite inflamed for a short while, but it will eventually get rid of it (Forever hopefully).

> Working out does cause acne because of the chemicals it produces, this is unavoidable, hopefully your body will eventually get used to it and it'll stop. However, sweaty gym gear, wiping of the face, not washing afterwards, etc doesn't help.

> Do NOT pick your acne. There is correct ways to dry out, pop and clean them, but unless you're a border-line professional you're probably gunna end up with 3 in its place or scaring.

Great post, only thing is you say that being fat is unpreventable in some cases...inb4fatgene.

> Drink A LOT of water.

Great post, only thing is you say that being fat is unpreventable in some cases...inb4fatgene.

good write up young james

lol fat gene my asshole eat less move more

There is such thing as being genetically fat :L Ask science or some shit. I used it as an example because you get basement fags who don't see sunlight and eat KFC daily complaining they have acne and put it down to the fact its 'hormonal', when 90% of the time its lifestyle.

There is such thing as being genetically fat :L Ask science or some shit. I used it as an example because you get basement fags who don't see sunlight and eat KFC daily complaining they have acne and put it down to the fact its 'hormonal', when 90% of the time its lifestyle.

100 years ago no one was fat. prob cos they can't afford to be, now that they can they r... yea theres endomorphs n crap but i really dont believe in fat gene lol, maybe endomorph + slower metabolism but u can easily fix metabolism lol

100 years ago no one was fat. prob cos they can't afford to be, now that they can they r... yea theres endomorphs n crap but i really dont believe in fat gene lol, maybe endomorph + slower metabolism but u can easily fix metabolism lol

100 years ago? There were still fat people  :rolleyes: Just not as many, obviously.

amen lol, its just an excuse for fat people to kid themselves

Tom (Rendition)

I believe for some people it is unavoidable to be fat.  But too many fat cunts blame it on their genetics, when if they ate less and exercised more they would be ok.