• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom (Rendition)

• Steroids

• Tango_Oscar

• Reevesy

Yeh, I feel pullups in my shoulders as much as my back :s

You're doing it wrong then, you should feel it most in your lats.

na lol i doubt u actually feel it in ur lats.... even though ur right thats the main focus of the exercise.

most people feel it most in bi's.

I think going up quickly, and going down slowly makes my lats burn, otherwise i feel it in my forearms

Yeh, I feel pullups in my shoulders as much as my back :s

You're doing it wrong then, you should feel it most in your lats.

na lol i doubt u actually feel it in ur lats.... even though ur right thats the main focus of the exercise.

most people feel it most in bi's.

I think going up quickly, and going down slowly makes my lats burn, otherwise i feel it in my forearms

strap up then. don't sacrifise ur back for ur forearms. ur back is so much stronger

Tom (Rendition)

Lol will everyone stop telling me I'm doing pullups wrong.  I KNOW HOW TO PULLUP!

Edit: only explanation for me feeling it in the shoulders is that I have very rounded shoulders.  I don't have paticularly weak shoulders, but yep, as long as I carryon feeling it in my shoulders im going to carry on doing them on s houlder day.  I probbaly will drop it further back int he workout though, doing it as first exercise probbably doesnt make sense.

Tom (Rendition)

Chest and tri's

2 mins imbetween sets

DB bench:

18kg*12

22*10

26*8

30*6                Wasn't too bad, I think I will move up to 32 next week.

DB incline bench:

16kg*12

20kg*10

24kg*8

28kg*6            Same, half pyramidding makes bench so much easier, I'll move up to 30 next week.

Flys:

22kg*10

22kg*10

22kg*10  Was ok, I'll probably stick at 22 and try to go depeer next week before I up the weights.

Dip:

BW+8kg*11

BW+8kg*8

BW+8kg*8  I will weight until I can do 12,10,8 before I progress to 10kg.

Upright tricep rope pull: No weight description

9*9

9*7 Felt like i was about to pull a muscle, didn't learn my lesson form next week, must stretch more.

8*8  

Skullcrushers:  I don't really like these, does anybody  have any suggestions for alternatives.

30kg*7

25kg*10

25kg*10

Fairly good workout.

Beek looking at fly vids on yt to check form, I need to go deeper.

Tom (Rendition)

8pm on friday I weighed myself - 72.5k. 8am on saturday I weiged myself 69.5kg.  I ate a footlong steak subway as well.  Fuck. Put it all back on by the following morning though.

3 min rest for squat, 2 mins for most of the others.

Legs and shoulders;

Squat:

60kg*12

70kg*10

80kg*8

90kg*6 Was ok, should move up to 95kg with relative ease next week.

Leg extension (No weight on machine, max weight of 16?)

12*11

10*12

8*13

6*14

Leg Curl (I hate these, again, no weight.  Max weight of 12)

12*5

10*6

8*7

6*8

Calf dip (no fucking weight description, shit gym)

10*13 (Id probably guesstimate 13 to be 120kgish)

10*13

10*13 Realised I wasn't far off closing time or would have done another set.

first 2 exercises of shoulders i was resting 1min 30.

Dumbell seated military:

12*10kg

10*14kg

8*18kg

6*22kg was ok, will go up to 24k next week.

Lat raise

8*10kg

8*10kg

6*10kg I reckon I could have finished if i had a full 2 mins rest.

Left the main section of the gym, went round to the iron gym, back to 2min rests.

Military press

40kg*10 Easier than I had remembered

45kg*8

45kg*7

Wide grip pull up:

BW+9kg*7 9kg was the smallest weight they had in the iron gym.

BW+9kg*6

BW+9kg*6

lol mate u didnt put anything back on the following morning. food and water weight. i weigh half a stone more b4 bed. the reason u lose so much overnight is because u sweat, u breathe, and u piss, and possible shit in the morning. breathing alone will make u lose about 3 pounds. breathe on the back of ur hand then rub it with the other, know wat i mean?

Tom (Rendition)

lol mate u didnt put anything back on the following morning. food and water weight. i weigh half a stone more b4 bed. the reason u lose so much overnight is because u sweat, u breathe, and u piss, and possible shit in the morning. breathing alone will make u lose about 3 pounds. breathe on the back of ur hand then rub it with the other, know wat i mean?

Don't really know what you mean lol.  I was up the whole night, and ate a decent amount, had alot of liquid too.

Tom (Rendition)

Been as sick as a parrot this week.  Went ot the gym wednesday and today.  Not even gonna bother listing weights and reps as it was all shit.

Tom (Rendition)

y would u refer to parrots as being sick

So northern.

Yesterday back and biceps:

First day feeling better:

Deadlift:

90*12

100*10

110*8

120*6  Could have gone to 125 this week, I will next time.

Wide grip pullup:

BW+6kg*11

BW+6kg*11

Bw+6kg+10

Seated pull back machine:

12/16*10

12/16*10

12/16*10

One arm row:

30kg*10

30kg*10

30kg*10

Cable curl:

14/16*10

14/16*8

14/16*8

Today I had my phrenulum lengthened.....

My penis is swole ;(

No lower body exercises for a week ;(;(

No sex for a 6 weeks :((((((((((((((((((((((((((

Just went to the toilet and it made my penis bleed.

Tom (Rendition)

not sure reevesy, but thats what the doctor said, and i'm not gonna run the risk when it comes to my penis.

Mmmm yeh tom,

with one arm rows, the heaviest dumbell at the gym which i go for my back workout (other gym doesnt have a good area for deadlifting so i have to go this one) is 30kg, so pyramidding would be kinda pointless in a way.

Seated pull back I will probably try to half pyramid next week.  Not sure about for cable curl :s...maybe.

Tom (Rendition)

Will probably switch gyms when my current year runs out, still got like 8 months lol.

Todays chest and tri's

DB Bench:

20kg*12

24kg*10

28kg*8

30kg*6 Tryed 32kg, couldnt complete a rep lol.  I'll probably try squeeze out 8 reps next chest workout, don't think I'm ready for 32kg just yet.

Incline db bench:

16kg*12

20kg*10

24kg*8

28kg*6  This was ok, will probably start at 18kg. and finish at 28kg*8 next week

DB flys:

20kg*10

20kg*10

20kg*10 Fuck off steroids

Dips:

BW+8kg*11

BW+8kg*9

BW+8kg*7  Will stick at 8kg next week.

Upright rope pull:

12.5kg*12

15kg*10

17.5kg*8 Cba to do another set

Skull crushers until failure:

30kg*10

30kg*8

25kg*10

Was ok.  May fuck the doctors advice in a couple of days time and do leg/shoulders.

if u could do 6 with 30s but not one on 32 that indicates to me that your first rep of every set is the hardest, which means you dont lower the dbs all the way.

Tom (Rendition)

if u could do 6 with 30s but not one on 32 that indicates to me that your first rep of every set is the hardest, which means you dont lower the dbs all the way.

Yes, it is always the hardest, If i could have done oen rep at 32, i probably could have done three or four.

I don't know if it has something to do with the shape of my shoulders (very rounded), but I lower the DB's until i feel a slight stretch before pushing back up, I wouldn't really want to lower them much lower.

Tom (Rendition)

Saturdays - Legs (not really) + shouders

Squat:

65kg*12

75kg*10

85kg*8

96kg*6 Ready for 100kg next week.

At this point i left the iron gym, walk up to the room where most of the machinery is, when I find the gym is closed cos some shitty gig is going on.  So I can't do any of my usual leg exercises, so I leave my legs at that.

Shoulders I do my normal routine, alot of the weights didnt have numbers on them, so i wasnt sure how much i was lifting.  But I assume it would be the same or slightly more as the previous week.

Tom (Rendition)

Todays Chest + Triceps

DB Bench:

20kg*12

24kg*10

28kg*8

30kg*8 Ready for 32kg next week.

Incline DB Bench:

18kg*12

22kg*10

26kg*8

28kg*7  I may go up 30kg next week, we will see how I feel.

Flys:

20kg*10

20kg*9 Was careless/sloppy with a rep and wanked my right hand shoulder up.  Hindered me the rest of the workout.

20kg*8

Dips:

BW+8kg*11

BW+8kg*9

BW+8kg*7

Standing vertical rope pull:

12.5kg*12

15kg*10

17.5kg*7 =(

20kg*5 =(

Skull crushers:

30kg*8 poo

30kg*6 poo

My shoulder was getting on my tits so didnt feel like finishing last set

Did a quick ab exercise that i cba to explain.  Started off well, shit workout post flys.

Tom (Rendition)

Saturday Backs and biceps:

I slept over my girlfriends and got like 4 hours sleep, 4 hours uncomfortable sleep, cos i slept on the floor.  Had a shit breakfast as well.

DL:

95*12 - As soon as I started lifting I felt really uncomfortable, something wasn't right, carried on anyway

110*10 - Kid took the 2.5kg's.

120*3 Just felt really really like something was grinding, I dont undestand why.  Anyways, my back feels fucked today.

Wide grip pull up:

BW + 8kg*8 - 8kg is too much really, atleast when i feel so fatigued it is

BW + 8kg*6

BW + 8kg*5

Seated pull back machine

11*12

12*10

13*7

13*6

Kneeling one arm DB Row:

30kg*12

30kg*12

30kg*12

Barbell curl:

30kg*8  Lost all interest in the workout, I'm going to change my split to be chest/biceps, back/triceps.  My biceps are always too fatigued after doing back.

Won't be dling or squatting for a couple of weeks i dont think.  Gonna put in t bar row instead of my back can handle it.