don
Kruck
Polar
TBR
[ Council ] Rob

I wanna get stronger.

Tom (Rendition)

Tom (Rendition)

Didn't really feel that great this morning, I havn't eaten that well this weak and havn't been sleeping enough.  I took myself down the gym anyways.

2 minutes imbetween each set

I would have normally done legs today as well, but I'm going ice skating later so thought I'd skip (weak excuse Ino).

Hand Stand Pressup

Set 1: 9

Set 2: 8

Set 3: 7

Wide grip pullup (I do these on shoulder day because I feel them equally in my shoulders as in my back):

Set 1: 13

Set 2: 11

Set 3: 9

Seated Dumbbell military press:

20kg*10

20kg*8 :/

20kg*5 - fucking shit kid, you suck

lateral raise:

9kg*9

9kg*9

9kg*9 - not gonna lie, my form was pretty bad

normally do military press at this point as well, but I felt dire.  Overall a shit workout.  Chest and triceps tomorrow or the day after depending on how i feel

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom (Rendition)

• Steroids

• Tango_Oscar

• Reevesy

yayy welcome to the wonderful world of logging tom, in a few months when u look back at this first post u will feel so good about yourself.

Tom (Rendition)

Thankyou.  Yeh hopefully.  Still relatively new to gym going, so my gains should still be fairly quick and conistant.

Thankyou.  Yeh hopefully.  Still relatively new to gym going, so my gains should still be fairly quick and conistant.

so much quicker when you bulk lol

Tom (Rendition)

I eat alot, just I do alot of cardio (just due to my liyfestyle) and I have a natually high metabolism.  I find bulking almost impossible.

Chest and Triceps today.  I perhaps should have waited another day before this workout.  2 minutes imbetween sets

Dumbell bench press

Set 1: 28kg*8

Set 2: 28kg*8

Set 3 28kg*8  Will move onto 10 reps next week, and then 30kg then week after

Incline bench press

Set 1: 24kg*8

Set 2: 24kG*8

Set 3: 24kg*7  It was my shoulders that were struggling more than anything else, still a bit stiff from my shoulder workout the day before.

Dumbell flys

Set 1: 22kg*8  Could tell I wouldn't be able to finish next set at 22kg

Set 2: 20kg*8

Set 3: 20kg*8

Dips:

Set 1: BW+5kg*8

Set 2: BW+5kg*7

Set 3: BW+5kg*6 Not very good at all really, I managed more in each set the week before

Upright rope pull tricep exercise (not sure of right name):

Set 1: 15kg*9

Set 2: 15kg*8

Set 3: 12.5kg*8

Skull Crushers:

Set 1: 25kg*10

Set 2: 25kg*10

Set 3: 25kg*8  I may move up to 30kg next week depending on how I feel.

Swimming tomorrow, Back and Biceps friday most likely.

In all seriousness, do you put max effort in? like that you couldnt do any more? cause your weights go down as you progress in your session

Or is it the fact you do what you did the week before on your first set, cause you'll fatigue too early on. For example:

If last week i did benching and managed-

1st set - 70kg for 12 reps

2nd set - 85kg for 10 reps

3rd set - 100kg for 8 reps

4th set - 110kg for 5 reps

the next week i would probs do

1st set - 75kg

2nd set - 90kg

3rd set- 105kg

4th set - see how confident i was, but probs try to get either more than 5 reps out for 110kg or try for 115kg

Im not trying to troll mate, just telling u what i think, cause you seem to be getting pissed off with your results

Tom (Rendition)

Yeh I'm putting my all in.  I'll do my first set at half weight (not included in log).  Then my my first proper set isn't that far off my max, so to sustain that for 3 sets is sometimes too much of a challenge.  

I've heard mixed reviews about pyramidding, what makes you chose it?

I've heard mixed reviews about pyramidding, what makes you chose it?

I use pyrammidding cause its natural to me, e.g. if i start on a weight i can do 12 reps, if i put the weight up, i cant do as many reps and so on so it makes sense.

and also it stops you getting mega fatigue and joint ache early on in the session

i think its called 1 sided pyramiding^ since u dont work back down lol

lol doing like

12-10-8-10-12 is shit for me, and most others lol

Tom (Rendition)

Back and Biceps.  I hate biceps

3 minutes imbetween DL's, 2 minutes for everything else.

Deadlift

Set 1: 90kg*12

Set 2: 100kg*10

Set 3: 105kg*8

Set 4: 110kg*6  Hard work, but went fine.  The grip on my left hand was my biggest issue.  First time using pyramidding, I quite liked.

TRX opposite of pressups

Set 1: BW*10

Set 2: BW*10

Set 3: BW*10  I'll have to think of a way to make these harder.

Wide grip pull up:

Set 1: BW*10

Set 2: BW*8

Set 3: BW*6  Really shit tbh, my peks were hurting from last workout which made them harder.  My back wasn't feeling the strain at all.

Seated pull back machine (annoyingly the machine doesn't have the weight on it, the maximum weight is 16):

Set 1: 10*10

Set 2: 10*10 Not great form

Set 3: 10*10 Bad form

Barbell curl

Set 1: 30kg*8

Set 2: 25kg*8

Set 3: 25kg*8

Preacher curl

Set 1: 16kg*6 Shit kid

Set 2: 14kg*8

Set 3: 14kg*8

I'm going to need to change something with biceps, I've been making almost no progress for a month.  I'll try pyramis next time, see if that makes any difference.

TRX opposite of pressups

Set 3: BW*10  I'll have to think of a way to make these harder.       y diddnt you do more reps then? id prob scratch this exercise.

Set 2: 10*10 Not great form

Set 3: 10*10 Bad form                   if the forms suffering due to the weight, reduce it.

back is the key to improving biceps. do you not do any row variations?

also for improving bicep strength rather than fore-arm / peaking, i'd substitute preacher curls with incline dumbell.

i found that dumbbell row is amazing, stretch it to the floor and rip it back up, made my fucking abs and obliques sore for a couple days lol

edit: do rows for thicker back and bigger bench tom :)

Tom (Rendition)

Been struggling with training recently, had too much other stuff on my mind.  Yesterdays workout (I hope I've remember weights correctly).

Legs + Shoulders

The Gym I went today didn't have a barbell rack, so I couldn't squat.  I wasn't complaing as my back hurt was stilla ching from dl.

On leg values I'm really not sure, I'm kinda guesttimating as to what I achieved.  

Leg press:

12*150kg

10*150kg

8*170kg

6*180 - quite easy set

Calf dips (on leg press machine)

12*110kg

10*120kg

8*130kg

6*120kg

Leg extension

12*65

10*70

8*75

6*80 I think this was the highest on the machine :s

Wide grip pull up

BW+2kg*11

BW+2kg*10

BW+2kg*8  If I can do 13, 12, 11 next week I'm moving up to 4kg

Shoulder pressups

6 Shit.  I'm going tos top doing these anyways, I don't progess with them and just leave me feeling tired.

Seated dumbbell military press

22kg*6 Shit

20kg*8

20kg*8 Generally dissappointing.

Lateral raises

9kg*10

9kg*10

9kg*10 Ok, I'll move up to 12 reps the week after, if I can complete that. Then I will go up to 10kg.

Going to swap miltary press (unless anybody has any better suggestions) for shoulder pressup next week.  I went swimming today, I'll do chest and triceps tomorrow if I'm feeling it.

Chris: Yeh, I most likely will drop that exercise.  Why incline dumbell?

Reevesy: I used to do dumbell row, I don't know why I stopped really.  Will take up again.

Tango: I get your point, but whatever my rotation; previous workouts are always going to slightly effect my next workout whichever way I do it.  Imma stick.

180 pounds should be extremely easy legpress lol, a disabled person could do that o.o, r u sure it was only 180 pounds and not kilos?

Tom (Rendition)

180 pounds should be extremely easy legpress lol, a disabled person could do that o.o, r u sure it was only 180 pounds and not kilos?

Idk, it doesn't specify.  Thinking about it kg sounds more realistic.

Edit: The reason I went for pounds, is cos I can only squat something shit like 80kg, so to jump from 80kg on a squat to 180kg to a press doesn't sound quite right.

Edit: The reason I went for pounds, is cos I can only squat something shit like 80kg, so to jump from 80kg on a squat to 180kg to a press doesn't sound quite right.

think about it, legpress.. legs, ur sat down... squat ur stood up, ur squatting with ur bodyweight + the bars weight lol

Tom (Rendition)

think about it, legpress.. legs, ur sat down... squat ur stood up, ur squatting with ur bodyweight + the bars weight lol

Logic fail.  Thankyou.