Idea for staking

Sambo

Ok.. id like to thank the song that made me come up with this idea link: Edit: this Vid lol:

school = old school rs = staking :D ironik eh.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

theirs two 'staking' worlds right.

and theirs a like ticket machine, and you pick your rules: i.E boxing without prays, DDS, magic, whatever you like doing. Amount of cash you want to stake and the combat level range I.E 50-55 55-55 or whatever.

Minimal amount to stake is 200k.

you need to be atleast 50combat with atleast 50 quest points to lay off the rwt

some feedback, will this work?

Also jagex would have to figure out how to stop rwting  like say they pick the exact same rules and just die ( theirs gotta be some way to nerf it a little to stop that) im no genius its just a basic idea.

Very Good idea but jagex wouldnt buy it really.

dont see why not, i never even staked like... old school staking, maybe a mill against friends but nothing else..

Edit: Brainwaves are ftw..

Would be a good idea but i don't think they would go for it =/

+1 on this dean, its a good idea, BUT jagex dont like listening to their players, they do what THEY think is right, not what WE think is right

How will that stop Rwt'ing.

You both buy a 20m ticket, you challenge the other, the person you want to transfer to wins and gets 2 tickets. Sells both tickets for 40m. 20m profit.

More like 100 qps 75+ cb.

And another idea would be that there would be a machine that picked you a random opponent of the same cb level and the same rules.

Example..

You could click "find" on the machine and enter your rules, it will wait a couple of minuites to find the exact same match of rules and the same combat.

But people would just make lvl 3s and do the same rules on both accounts so it would need a 75cb cap and a questpoint cap.

You both buy a 20m ticket, you challenge the other, the person you want to transfer to wins and gets 2 tickets. Sells both tickets for 40m. 20m profit.

because theirs only 2 worlds, you seriously think ur going to get the same person with 2000 people on each world? highly doubtfull.. thats hwy i said it needs tweaking incase u both ifnd the same rules... any suggestion on how to make it better.

There should still be a limit of around 1m-5m on it, and it can't be random numbers either, like no 2,456,921 or any shit like that... Also, it should only involve cash to prevent people from staking junk to people staking cash.

People should not be able to stake and choose their opponent, it should be randomly generated to meet a search criteria and come up with a random choice. They should make it so that somoene can put in a challenge, and someone can go and search for a challenge.

I think it has the potential to work... Good find :D

because theirs only 2 worlds, you seriously think ur going to get the same person with 2000 people on each world? highly doubtfull.. thats hwy i said it needs tweaking incase u both ifnd the same rules... any suggestion on how to make it better.

Oooooh like that ;), Didn't get that out of your story that you'd get a random person signed to.

Then good idea.

But still doubting Jagex would do it, the same with the Ticket Idea for PvP. I think it's just to complicated.

ArroW 1n Ya

Lol, you're really missing the point as to why staking was so important to get rid of compared to pking, Staking was where the majoirty of income was coming from for RWT, have u seen some of those old school staking vids where they stake over 1.5billion? because its been gotten rid of there is much less gp for the RWTers to sell, and there are still ways to RWT now so they wont bring it back.

Lol, you're really missing the point as to why staking was so important to get rid of compared to pking, Staking was where the majoirty of income was coming from for RWT, have u seen some of those old school staking vids where they stake over 1.5billion? because its been gotten rid of there is much less gp for the RWTers to sell, and there are still ways to RWT now so they wont bring it back.

Staking doesn't create money, staking transfers money.

That's why staking got removed because RWT'ers could easily sell 1billion at a time to RS GP Buyers.

There are still ways to RWT, that's true but in waaaaaayyyyy smaller scales. but you can NEVER transfer 1billion in 1 minute like with old staking.

Staking was good for selling Rs Gp to yeah lulz  :shifty:.

ArroW 1n Ya

staking was not the only way to transfer 1billion in a minute back then so it was not primarily banned because of the rate at which the gp could be sold. Your right that it doesnt create the gp, but it does have the efffect that a very small group of individuals will accumilate much more wealth than others, because  the ones with the greater chance of winning will always end up with a profit, and when a small group of individuals have that wealth it can be sold very effectivly because the seller would be trusted and buyers don't have to waste time looking for a seller.

IMO, why would Jagex care about RWT. Asian's are paying for members, there making Jagex money. And more people are able to play RS with bought gp's i.e. more members for jagex?

ArroW 1n Ya

IMO, why would Jagex care about RWT. Asian's are paying for members, there making Jagex money. And more people are able to play RS with bought gp's i.e. more members for jagex?

They stated that is was something to do with lawsuits, I think it's illegal in some countrys and the amount of scamming that occurs can be linked back to be the fault of jagex , im just assuming but one of the main reasons is legal issues. Also it devalues much of the game experiance so I guess people wouldn't play for as long.

staking was not the only way to transfer 1billion in a minute back then so it was not primarily banned because of the rate at which the gp could be sold. Your right that it doesnt create the gp, but it does have the efffect that a very small group of individuals will accumilate much more wealth than others, because  the ones with the greater chance of winning will always end up with a profit, and when a small group of individuals have that wealth it can be sold very effectivly because the seller would be trusted and buyers don't have to waste time looking for a seller.

True. But staking got banned before wildy was removed. and at the time trade limit got removed.

Which were the 3 ways to transfer 1billion in a minute.

So what I thought was that it all was a process to stop RWT, they just took it a step at a time.

Isn't this part of your post saying it actually got banned cuz of RWT?

"but it does have the efffect that a very small group of individuals will accumilate much more wealth than others, because  the ones with the greater chance of winning will always end up with a profit, and when a small group of individuals have that wealth it can be sold very effectivly because the seller would be trusted and buyers don't have to waste time looking for a seller."

In the end removing staking really didn't stop me from selling my Rs Gp's xD.