• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• d72

• TJ

• Adam|Note

• Octavarium

Top Posters In This Topic

Typical

Somebody posts a thread about Football and all the fucking trolls come out and start bashing it.

These forums fucking blow.

"Real man football"...? Don't think so.

rmsdy1.png

Lol anyone can just take a skinny guy from each sport and then pair him up with a huge player from the other sport.

But I guarantee most NFL players are stronger in terms of speed/lifts.

rmsdy1.png

That's one of the worst trolls I have ever seen. Seriously I would consider suicide right now.

OT: Thank God the lockout is over. Now for the NBA...

rmsdy1.png

Know what your fucking talking about before you speak

And they get ass like this   God bless America....

Also...

Rugby Hats = Lul

Octavarium

It may be an eggageration but the pinciple is the same, American football players do appear bigger. I'm not saying they're not athletic because I've seen that "run into a dummy at 100mph" training they do, they get an awful lot of power and speed.

What I can't stand is the fact that you can bring players on for 20 seconds and then take them off based on their strengths and weaknesses, no. You be good at everything and do it all. 11 players can do a "play" it could fail after 20 seconds and then a whole new 11 players could come on and try a new "play". Am I correct in thinking this because if so that's retarded. You'd barely have to do anything at all.

Rugby hats? You mean skull caps which are used in a lot of sports, football, wrestling...

American football paint under my eyes like we're in the army = lol.

It may be an eggageration but the pinciple is the same, American football players do appear bigger. I'm not saying they're not athletic because I've seen that "run into a dummy at 100mph" training they do, they get an awful lot of power and speed.

What I can't stand is the fact that you can bring players on for 20 seconds and then take them off based on their strengths and weaknesses, no. You be good at everything and do it all. 11 players can do a "play" it could fail after 20 seconds and then a whole new 11 players could come on and try a new "play". Am I correct in thinking this because if so that's retarded. You'd barely have to do anything at all.

Rugby hats? You mean skull caps which are used in a lot of sports, football, wrestling...

American football paint under my eyes like we're in the army = lol.

Either way it's a funny looking hat, it's like a football helmet that's missing it outer urethane cover. hehe

That's actually for sweat, not sure why (you can look it up.) And every player has a "Job" in A F(American football), that they specialize in. They switch the players for change of possession between the defensive and offensive sides.

Here for info on that

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_football#Change_of_possession

It's a really simple game, once you watch a couple games, and know the basics you start to catch on. And to be honest, it's a fun sport to watch.

AF is by no means an easy sport, if someone comes to you and tells you it is for wussies, know they have never played on a team before.

Even in highschool the training is brutal and hard, and the coaches work you to the bone, to make sure you get a good days work in.

Octavarium

I have watched a few games, there's too much stopping and starting. I got bored.

Every player has a job in football but you don't see people coming off because the other team has the ball, you just have to make an effort yourself in tackling even if it's not what you do.

I have watched a few games, there's too much stopping and starting. I got bored.

Every player has a job in football but you don't see people coming off because the other team has the ball, you just have to make an effort yourself in tackling even if it's not what you do.

Not completely understanding what you mean. If you mean that all the players should go after the ball,

then that would fuck up the entire mechanism of the game. The game has to be played like it is, for it to work. It would be complete chaos on the field, just like in UKF, they can't leave their areas, or else it would be a fuck fest.

To give you an example of just how brutal AF is, this is HIGHSCHOOL football...

REt0IJpU2k4&feature=related

Octavarium

That was the biigest hit of all time? I've seen wrose tackles in football and that's a "non-contact" sport. There's worse tackles than that in rugby that are applauded.

Not impressed enough by a slam to make me watch American football. I'll just go watch some Rampage in PRIDE if that's all I wanted.

That was the biigest hit of all time? I've seen wrose tackles in football and that's a "non-contact" sport. There's worse tackles than that in rugby that are applauded.

Not impressed enough by a slam to make me watch American football. I'll just go watch some Rampage in PRIDE if that's all I wanted.

That's not the hardest tackle lmao... If you want hard tackles look to the NFL. I was mearly pointing out that, that is high school football, with like 9th graders.

And here in America... We don't like our favorite players getting completely mauled down, beaten and unable to play. (That's why we have pads) When a player gets hurt, and is still on the ground, we go quiet and if they are taken off the field for injuryies, we applaud them. We have a skill set when it comes to tackling. You have no idea how hard it is to sack a Quater-back, when he's defended by 5-6 6ft 400pnd monsters lol.

Octavarium

That's not the hardest tackle lmao... If you want hard tackles look to the NFL. I was mearly pointing out that, that is high school football, with like 9th graders.

I just quoted the title of the video you posted, "The biggest hit of all time."

And here in America... We don't like our favorite players getting completely mauled down, beaten and unable to play. (That's why we have pads) When a player gets hurt, and is still on the ground, we go quiet and if they are taken off the field for injuryies, we applaud them. We have a skill set when it comes to tackling. You have no idea how hard it is to sack a Quater-back, when he's defended by 5-6 6ft 400pnd monsters lol.

Rugby players don't get hurt, they just get up and play regardless. If it's serious then of course people are concerned but most of the time they just get up and soldier on. That's why we don't need pads. Why would applaud an injury? That makes no sense.

I just quoted the title of the video you posted, "The biggest hit of all time."

Rugby players don't get hurt, they just get up and play regardless. If it's serious then of course people are concerned but most of the time they just get up and soldier on. That's why we don't need pads. Why would applaud an injury? That makes no sense.

Sign of respect for them, getting up and walking off the field with an injury, with minimal help.

And same for us, when they get hurt (if it's not serious) will get back up, and play on. We also have players like Bret Farve(the vikings quarter back), that play on even with serious injuries. He had a fractured ankle, and still played like fuckin' beast.

Octavarium

and if they are taken off the field for injuryies, we applaud them.

The way you worded it sounds more like he's on a stretcher.

I've heard of Bret Farve.

75wD4E6LSDg&start=126

This made me watch my first few AF games and Madden wasn't even commentating :(

Typical

Somebody posts a thread about Football and all the fucking trolls come out and start bashing it.

You're kidding me right? When the thread is named "real man football" then the thread is obviously a troll from the start. It shouldn't even be called "football", it should be called "safe rugby" because rugby is the real mans sport. Anyone can look big in pads, I played O-line for nearly 2 years and I saw people go from scrawny to big by simply putting on pads.

2qna849.png

Tango_Oscar

Typical

You're kidding me right? When the thread is named "real man football" then the thread is obviously a troll from the start. It shouldn't even be called "football", it should be called "safe rugby" because rugby is the real mans sport. Anyone can look big in pads, I played O-line for nearly 2 years and I saw people go from scrawny to big by simply putting on pads.

2qna849.png

Rofl you sire are a legend. Rugby is a real man game.

Typical

My bad, didn't know rugby was also known as football.

Typical

2qna849.png

You have no idea what football is... They are completely different sports retard. I dare you to come to america, and join a team.

Octavarium

Actually you have no idea what football is. The entire sport is in the name, foot and ball.

The entire rest of the world calls football "football" and you seem to call it soccer then correct everybody else.