My new guitar and amplifier.

1nc0mp4r4bl3

1nc0mp4r4bl3

Pictures coming!

3094tcp.jpg

^^^^^ The guitar I bought ^^^^^

2d9nq50.jpg

^^^^ The amplifier ^^^^

I recently bought a new guitar and I was wondering how I could learn the basic stuff the easiest and fastest way. The guitar is from dull wood (idk how to say that in English) and it may look white, but it's silver ^_^

A friend of mine plays the guitar for about 4 years and she is very good @ playing the guitar.

My Amplifier is pretty complicated, I am still trying to figure everything out haha.

Can anyone with some experience give me any tips or help with me anything?

Byebye. :)

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gfdgfd

• Blitz

• 1nc0mp4r4bl3

• Octavarium

1nc0mp4r4bl3

pretty good, google would be better then this site in answers,

inb4 old naomi jokes

I know, but maybe there are some people on this forum with some experience, because I saw some topics about it earlier.

naomi jokes are old and idgaf at all anymore ^_^ People still going on and on about it, are showing me how immature they really are :mellow:

I know, but maybe there are some people on this forum with some experience

Why, hello there. The basics, I have no idea. I just picked them up but I'll do my best. Sit down, hold the guitar as you feel comfortable. Your left hand should curl around the neck and your thumb should be placed firmly on the back of the neck pointing upwards. You don't want it to firm as you want to be able to move freely around the neck. The fingers of your left hand should curl around so they are not touching the other strings, yet still have enough pressure to produce a clean sound without any buzz. The right hand should be placed on top of the bridge and your little finger should rest just a little above the  volume knob. It should not rest on the strings, (this will produce a dampened sound although it is a technique called palm muting.) Hold the plectrum in between your thumg and index finger and have it facing the strings. Your thumb and finger should be forming a triangle paralel to the strings.

I'm guessing you want to learn A7X. Luckily, it isn't hard to get any of the riffs down at all. They are easy as hell. If you want to be a good musician, I suggest learning them by ear. Otherwise there are tons of tabs. DO NOT START WITH THESE!

It's extremely difficult to learn without pictures, video or a tutor so find one or all of those things.

Make sure you warm up and stretch your hands and forearms before playing. Practice thouroughly everyday and use a metronome. Start the metronome slowly, 60bpm, and gradually build up the speed to your desired tempo ONLY WHEN YOU CAN PLAY IT CLEANLY EVERY TIEM AT SLOWER TEMPOS.

Maybe you could duet with Naomi

You strumming that, and she strumming Anthony

lol'd.

1nc0mp4r4bl3

Thanks Octavarium, that's a bunch of useful information. I started with playing songs like Beat It by Michael Jackson and In The End by Linkin Park. These songs are extremely easy to play (the beginning), so I started playing those songs haha. I want to learn minute 7:43-8:43 of the song ''Legions Of Hell'' by Axel Rudi Pell. I think it's beautiful, but they are one of the most underrated bands I have ever seen and I can't find any tabs of that song on the internet.

I am lefthanded and I bought a righthanded guitar, but still, your using both of your hands so it doesn't really matter. I can't cover a song by only hearing it, because I don't have any experience in playing the guitar yet.

Thanks for the information, I'll keep everything in mind.

DeltaPapa stfu immature 14 years old wannabe steroids.

Good choice at right handed. Left handed players are all shit technically. Hendrix, Cobain, Paul McArtney, That other guy in A7X trololol

You don't need experience in guitar, you just need to learn the neck, and what notes areproduced where.

What guitar is it?

1nc0mp4r4bl3

Good choice at right handed. Left handed players are all shit technically. Hendrix, Cobain, Paul McArtney, That other guy in A7X trololol

You don't need experience in guitar, you just need to learn the neck, and what notes areproduced where.

What guitar is it?

Hahaha :lol: What do you mean by shit technically? Cause I am also shit technically (I think)

It is a: Richwood Stallion Limited elektric guitar (REG-140-GB)

And yes, I definitely want to learn the songs of Avenged Sevenfold, but I got to start with easier songs and learn to basics first  ^_^

You can write a good song without being good technically.

Some of the most iconic songs are just 4 chords and some lyrics. I can teach somebody to play 4 chords in 2 minutes. Just an example.

1nc0mp4r4bl3

You can write a good song without being good technically.

Some of the most iconic songs are just 4 chords and some lyrics. I can teach somebody to play 4 chords in 2 minutes. Just an example.

Teach me! :lol:

Ah I g2g a good friend is coming and we're going to jammmmm (even though I can't play a thing yet) See ya all.

Adam|Spakka

Why, hello there. The basics, I have no idea. I just picked them up but I'll do my best. Sit down, hold the guitar as you feel comfortable. Your left hand should curl around the neck and your thumb should be placed firmly on the back of the neck pointing upwards. You don't want it to firm as you want to be able to move freely around the neck. The fingers of your left hand should curl around so they are not touching the other strings, yet still have enough pressure to produce a clean sound without any buzz. The right hand should be placed on top of the bridge and your little finger should rest just a little above the  volume knob. It should not rest on the strings, (this will produce a dampened sound although it is a technique called palm muting.) Hold the plectrum in between your thumg and index finger and have it facing the strings. Your thumb and finger should be forming a triangle paralel to the strings.

I'm guessing you want to learn A7X. Luckily, it isn't hard to get any of the riffs down at all. They are easy as hell. If you want to be a good musician, I suggest learning them by ear. Otherwise there are tons of tabs. DO NOT START WITH THESE!

It's extremely difficult to learn without pictures, video or a tutor so find one or all of those things.

Make sure you warm up and stretch your hands and forearms before playing. Practice thouroughly everyday and use a metronome. Start the metronome slowly, 60bpm, and gradually build up the speed to your desired tempo ONLY WHEN YOU CAN PLAY IT CLEANLY EVERY TIEM AT SLOWER TEMPOS.

Took the words out of my mouth...

1nc0mp4r4bl3

Thanks for the helpful tips, I just played ''Walk'' by Avenged Sevenfold, it's very easy and yet it sounds amazing:D

I am trying to learn the basics and play easy songs and it goes pretty wel.

:):)

When you have all the basics, and you've got down techniques such as sweeping, picking, bending, slurs, sliding, vibrato etc. etc. you should try to learn this. I'm currently learning it and it has every guitar technique all in one song so it's great for practice.

Yw74sDWPH7U

1nc0mp4r4bl3

When you have all the basics, and you've got down techniques such as sweeping, picking, bending, slurs, sliding, vibrato etc. etc. you should try to learn this. I'm currently learning it and it has every guitar technique all in one song so it's great for practice.

Yw74sDWPH7U

Duuuude, this is way too hard for me hahah.;D
Cholesterol

Just pick up the thing and start playing it. Be prepared to get bombarded by the "I'm shite at this" thoughts, ignore em and keep on trucking, you'll only get good with time.

@Cholestoral, yes that's exactly the mentality you'll have for the first year of playing unless your some virtuoso.  Once you get beyond that if you really stick with it you'll be on your way.  My advice on the basics would be hold your guitar and hands at comfortable angles, as long as they're not at some insanely awkward angle, and same goes for your picking hand.  Start by learning scales and finger excercises and practice them in different keys so you start learning the notes of the guitar aswell as building up technique.  My primary advice overall though would be: PRACTICE ANYTHING YOU LEARN UNTIL ITS CRYSTAL CLEAN.  It may just because i'm super ocd/a perfectionist, but honestly 75% of guitar players have such sloppy playing and it just drives me crazy, especially jazz guitar players (Which really bugs me, considering i'm primarily a jazz player myself).  Listen to some great piano players and try to emulate that sound, notice how each note is clear and evenly spaced.  As for soloing, a good start is by listening and even learning some of the simple solos by your favorite artists, but don't get discouraged if you can't play the complicated ones note for note.  The best thing to do is use those solos as starting points/influences for your own solos.  Once you learn a few basic scales, your soloing is near limitless.  My soloing ability soared when i stopped trying to copy solos and started just improvising my own.  It takes practice, but you'll be satisfied with the end result. 

I could type pages on this subject, but hope this helps.

Now you can seranade her beauty to try to get her back!

Hey there Naomi, what's it like in 4nr city?

Your a thousand miles away, but i know your trying to get further awayy

Oh yes you are