Snowbombing

Jim

I'm about to order my tickets/book my hotel for Snowbombing 2011. The line-up might not be the best this summer, but the overall experience looks insane. I obviously can't speak from experience, but I'd personally advise you to do what ever is in your power to attend this thing.

Firstly, it's in Austria (As in Fritzland, not Australia), it's in the alps, all the hotels are close-by, so I'd imagine you'd see a lot of familiar faces after a few days, it's for 5 days - from the 4th to the 9th of April, the venue/main-stage is made of fucking snow, there are a number of nightclubs around the arena, you can ski/snowboard during the day.

The price of the accommodation and tickets (Providing you get them from the official website; www.snowbombing.com/en/) is as low as £279 (+£99 for snowboarding) per person. Which if you consider the fact that it's a festival, a ski holiday and gathering in one that's pretty damn good. Despite this, I imagine the nightclubs will cost a cuntload to get in, as will food, drinks, etc. However, that applies to any festival, gathering or touristy holiday.

As for getting there, I'm unsure of flight prices, I look at Austria tickets from GB about a year ago, I vaguely remember them being about £250 return flight. However, Snowbombing provide a roadtrip service, it's £103, it'll pick you up from your nearest city and drive you all the way there. Which for me, I'd love. Infact, I'd be willing to pay MORE for this service than the flight. The fact that you'd make friends/small social circles before even arriving is a plus, as well as the atmosphere, I imagine it would be a laugh.

Right, as for the line-up, as I said, it's not going to match Glastonbury or V-Festival, it is still pretty good though. Here's the ones that have been announced so far;

Pendulum

The Prodigy

Professor Green

Tempa T

Fat Boy Slim

Chase & Status

Ms. Dynamite

Example

.. and a few others.

I've probably missed something out, if this is the case I'll edit it in later.

Didn't say what month it is :P who're you going with?

Ah, it's April, shall edit it in. Also, going with my mate, you've probably seen him on my Facebook; Kyran, the black guy with the big hair.

Jim why do you hate me....... :(

now its either go there or go Amsterdam....

Dude, go to Snowbombing. You can go to Amsterdam when you're 87, you'll still have the same experience, this seems like a once in a life-time thing. Not to mention it's not for a while, so it's plenty of time to get organized.

Gareth l Rare

When is it happening? If its next year i may be in a chance

but ill be in uni so ill have to use my student grant money :shifty: can be done?

but ill be in uni so ill have to use my student grant money :shifty: can be done?

I imagine it'll be once a year in festival season. If all fails and this doesn't go ahead next year, they have a beach alternative in Ibiza which seems to happen every year, religiously.

Gareth l Rare

I'M COMING TOO

Your too young

And soz jim, no matter how much id love to do this i doubt ill be able to go

but next yeah im game for that + ibiza do be serious ill bang straight on that  :wub: and ill drag sly and cal with me

wana strip them naked and tie them to a poll

Sounds ledge man, really does Skiing holidays are actually fuking ledge. Have a good time m8.

I'm off to Canada on Tuesday for 1 month and 4 days should be skiing alot as i'm just seeing cousins and stuff and nothing planned apart from plenty of time for skiing ;)

I imagine it'll be once a year in festival season. If all fails and this doesn't go ahead next year, they have a beach alternative in Ibiza which seems to happen every year, religiously.

Ibiza is ledge <3

I'M COMING TOO

Your too young

And soz jim, no matter how much id love to do this i doubt ill be able to go

but next yeah im game for that + ibiza do be serious ill bang straight on that  :wub: and ill drag sly and cal with me

wana strip them naked and tie them to a poll

LOL! ill already have tied myself to it bro you'll have nothin' to do, with a doughnut around my cock.. And this gig does sound pretty sick and i can promise good performances from them i've seen them half of those artists this year :p