Progressive Rock

Mikey`

Probably my favorite type of music.  I'm not sure the exact definition of the genre progressive rock but i'm pretty sure it's just music that goes beyond the traditional verse chorus of most alternative/classic/pop rock songs.  Here's a taste :

0OnFKTNC77I

The album version of this goes on for 30ish minutes, sick

fjwg7gh3gdA&feature=related

The screaming isnt my thing, but the instruments is what i listen to

H-XRME-BIvs

These are just 2 bands, but there are others of coruse.  I'm somewhat new to this genre, but i love it, so opinions? Other nice prog artists? Post away...

Prog topic :wub:

Saw Rush in concert last summer and almost lost my mind, might be going to see them again some time in the new year. Fuck I can't wait! :o

Rush, BTBAM, Dream Theater, Tool, The Mars Volta... the list goes on and on lol

And prog is described as being in an odd time signature :p

Threw in some BTBAM here; they're scream, but the way they play together gives me goosebumps. For real.

EDlC7oG_2W4

hii17sjSwfA

UhjG47gtMCo

in0h71WceI4

eepBIdfWLj4

x1Oth4fKbLc

cSn9tAxSPZ8

u1xY7Heaqg8

5nmOMo4OPi4

ZOxAUzIFZHU

M_bvT-DGcWw

LUASiDg-kg4

d78K4rCEfAo

KPeSbITit5U

v2ayKK8E7gc

All I can think of at 2 in the morning :S

Benny The Leak LMAO

ah okey ive heard tool and all them but from the first few videos I didnt think i was familiar with the genre (not that im a hardcore metal/rock fan)

But yeah its pretty cool i <3 Staind dunno if they are progressive rock or not they sound different anyways but Tool is cool first heard them at this place in NZ where you go bungie jumping \, they were playing lateralus and it sounded mean :)

All American bands aspire to be English bands.

Can I ask you a question?

Why are you trying to spark up a Europe vs. USA debate in a progressive rock topic? What does that have to do with progressive rock whatsoever?

@Benny: Staind is a pretty sweet band, but I don't think they're prog :p