Kruck
Polar
TBR
[ Council ] Rob

The Poetry Topic¿

Ow 3 Hit

I need to stop keeping my shit here.

LOL

Hi guiz, name's Ryan. I wonder if anyone will see dis.

:O

Edited by Ow 3 Hit
  • Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ow 3 Hit

• gfdgfd

• karma pures

• Shut Up Kid

I have a Haikou that's stuck in my mind for some time now. It goes:

I scooped up the moon

In my water bucket and

Spilt it on the grass.

What it's about is someone achieving an impossible feat; It's impossible to collect the moon. But yet when he does this impossible and skillful feat, he messes it up by accidentally dropping it. No, I didn't write this, someone in my English class read it to everyone.

:Hi:

I am Sam

Sam I am

That Sam-I-am!

That Sam-I-am!

I do not like that Sam-I-am!

Do you like

green eggs and ham?

I do not like them, Sam-I-am.

I do not like

green eggs and ham.

Would you like them

here or there?

I would not like them

here or there.

I would not like them anywhere.

I do not like

green eggs and ham.

Would you like them in a house?

Would you like them with a mouse?

I do not like them

in a house.

I do not like them

with a mouse.

I do not like them

here or there.

I do not like them

anywhere.

I do not like

green eggs and ham.

I do not like them,

Sam-I-am.

Would you eat them

in a box?

Would you eat them

with a fox?

Not in a box.

Not with a fox.

Not in a house.

Not with a mouse.

I would not eat them

here or there.

I would not eat them anywhere.

I would not eat green eggs and ham.

What are you on?

Lol im messin but 200 poems? Surely another hobby such as stamp collecting might be more productive.

What are you on?

Lol im messin but 200 poems? Surely another hobby such as stamp collecting might be more productive.

200 poems, how the fuck is that hard to do? One poem takes maybe 30 minutes, if that. How long have you played RS for, 1000+ hours. And I do it because I enjoy it, just like I do everything else. And is RS productive?

How about you go find something more productive, like being less of a hypocrite. Besides that, poetry is productive. Every girl I'm with LOVES it, and I've published tons of poems onto websites/books. Which is an accomplishment you couldn't say, and the money you didn't get.

The Blood Anthem

I don't exactly write poetry, per se, but I do enjoy writing lyrics. So here's part of one that I cooked up a few moths ago over my (only) ex-girlfriend.

And finally.

Perspective shows its face.

How could you throw it away every time while I cry?

Denying me at every turn, you see me weep in a blur.

Here’s to your selfish living and countless lies.

May it eat you alive, every night you spend,

In your room all alone,

Wounded, discouraged, and defeated.

Cold.

I left you there that day, and you can shed a tear in my place.

Because my eyes are alive and dry,

Because I am history in your life.

This life will be the death of me.

If you loved me, why didn’t you show it?

Drowning in an emotional sea.

Insecurity reigns supreme.

I will never see the end of this day.

Somebody save me.. oh somebody save..

Me.

I used to write a lot of poetry when I was about 14-15 on Rapbattles.com's poetry battles section, I was pretty decent. With a ratio on about 2/3 wins per 1 lose. Gave up after the site shut down, but it's something I'll always be passionate about.

Have a few on my old PC, if I manage to get that down from the attic sometime I'll make a new thread and post them.

I only read the first one of yours as its now 6:18 AM, so poetry doesn't appeal to me right now, but that was great man. Will make sure I check out your others tomorrow.

Another thing, stop being self conscious when you showing them man, I saw shit like 'No homo', and 'lulz', which is unnessasery, your poems were great, noone on the internet will judge you because you write a few fucking poems, man (Well maybe Xxx|Frogie would, be hes a faggot anyway).

What are you on?

200 poems, how the fuck is that hard to do? One poem takes maybe 30 minutes, if that. How long have you played RS for, 1000+ hours. And I do it because I enjoy it, just like I do everything else. And is RS productive?

How about you go find something more productive, like being less of a hypocrite. Besides that, poetry is productive. Every girl I'm with LOVES it, and I've published tons of poems onto websites/books. Which is an accomplishment you couldn't say, and the money you didn't get.

I've played RS for over 9000 hours.  :mellow:

What are you on?

I've played RS for over 9000 hours.  :mellow:

Yer i averaged say... 5 hours a day, for about 4 years.

365x4x5 = 7,300...

lol i don't like most poetry unless it's witty/intelligent not just stupid heart-felt bullshit. Dr. Seuss is epic win lol.

I used to write a lot of poetry when I was about 14-15 on Rapbattles.com's poetry battles section, I was pretty decent. With a ratio on about 2/3 wins per 1 lose. Gave up after the site shut down, but it's something I'll always be passionate about.

Have a few on my old PC, if I manage to get that down from the attic sometime I'll make a new thread and post them.

I only read the first one of yours as its now 6:18 AM, so poetry doesn't appeal to me right now, but that was great man. Will make sure I check out your others tomorrow.

Another thing, stop being self conscious when you showing them man, I saw shit like 'No homo', and 'lulz', which is unnessasery, your poems were great, noone on the internet will judge you because you write a few fucking poems, man (Well maybe Xxx|Frogie would, be hes a faggot anyway).

Much appreciated, would like to read some of your stuff. This type of stuff interests me.

@ Connor - Explain "witty/intelligent"

I basically made a poem referencing a deck of cards/poker, to love. IS DAT R WITTY?

Much appreciated, would like to read some of your stuff. This type of stuff interests me.

I basically made a poem referencing a deck of cards/poker, to love. IS DAT R WITTY?

Kinda hard to explain lol, like shit that gets you thinking/ is just random/creative i.e dr. seuss, sounds like random jibberish but actually makes sense(somewhat) if you think about it.

Kinda hard to explain lol, like shit that gets you thinking/ is just random/creative i.e dr. seuss, sounds like random jibberish but actually makes sense(somewhat) if you think about it.

IT MAKES SOMEWHAT SENSE

I SO GET MAYBE NOT GET IT

What are you on?

I call bullshit on the 30 minutes part.

A decent poem would take me atleast 24 hours to get the inspiration and for the lyrics to come to me. Either you're lieing or you have a fucking amazing ability.

What are you on?

I call bullshit on the 30 minutes part.

A decent poem would take me atleast 24 hours to get the inspiration and for the lyrics to come to me. Either you're lieing or you have a fucking amazing ability.

A short story, like this. Takes 24 hours for me to write. Poems, not. As of now, a 12 liner would take me 24 hours to write. I have no inspiration, but a break-up poem. I can write one in 15 minutes. It's whatever I'm feeling.

Example of short story:

She looked down at him, laying partly on top of him, as his chest was heaving. He was an average looking man, but not average tonight. Tonight he was gorgeous. Actually, he seemed that way now almost all the time, especially in those off moments she would be day dreaming of him, or thinking of something she adored about him that she would suddenly go to tell her girlfriends at work, but then bite her tongue at the last minute. Sometimes she just told them anyway.

She couldn't get him out of her head. There was something about him. Occasionally she could put her finger on it. Sometimes she didn't bother. She just liked to feel it... feel him...

Tonight they had gone to a friend's party. They had done a little drinking, but left early. She wasn't even sure if they had planned this out loud, but somehow they found themselves on the outskirts of town, at the end of a winding little dirt road. It was the only place they could go tonight, and they didn't care.

She took him, she had him, she gave to him. She absolutely could not get enough of him. He always knew when to keep silent, and seemed to follow with the most beautiful words any man ever spoke to her. And the way he set her blood on fire, invaded her thoughts like wild horses on the run, and devastated her with one look in the eye...

But she had been growing afraid. Terribly afraid.

There were so many things that could go wrong. That surely would go wrong. He couldn't be this amazing forever, could he? But even his flaws made him perfect, so she didn't have to try so hard to conceal hers. But what if he saw too much? What if he got his fill? What if he discovered what she already knew was certain- that she could not keep him...

What she felt was pure terror as much as it was pure joy. Why did it have to be tainted, why did she have to be afraid? She suddenly wished she had skipped every man in her life before this one, just so that she could give her heart cleaner, less jaded, less trembling...

But she trembled anyway, as she laid next to him, looking down on his face, only inches away. She wished she could believe what she felt more, but the heartbreaks of the past taught her better than that. Yet she trusted it, for it was as true as her own name, it was as real as the man who breathed now quietly beneath her, it was life itself...

This was gonna hurt. Wow, this was gonna hurt. It almost made her cry just now, but she shoved that back, shoved it back for now, not caring for the future, or the details... not allowing anything to further complicate the purest thing she had ever felt before... no longer could time tick forward one more moment unless she shared this... so she waited just a bit more, as time itself stood still...

"I am falling in love with you..." she whispered...

____

Doubt anyone will read. But if you did, opinions? If not, sorry I bored you.

iv had a poem published :\ was for school lol.

Was it properly published? Or was it just one of those massive books with everyone's poems in, that cost like $30?

:D

This topic dying...

Nice poems Ow 3 hit

I was just going to let it die, haha. It's not a thread meant for FOE Boards. Thanks though. <3

My brother could write rap battle lyrics pretty good, also won contests on the internet.

I suck at it though, wish I could ;).

• 3 weeks later...

Pretty disappointed this morning. Went in my attic, got the old computer out, planning on getting a shit-load of poems, old PK pictures, ect. From it. There were 3 poems and no PK pictures. Guessing some fucker in my house got the computer down in the past 12 months and tried cleaning it up. Anyway, the only decent one I found was a W.I.P and I managed to fix up the spelling and shit.

Here it is:

I call myself a veteran, for instance let me demonstrate //

How evil faith can be replaced by super stars we see in space ;;

I fiend to make a feeble state of mind this blind to trees and lakes //

Look deep between the steaming slate and realize what she sees, she takes ;;

She needs to stop, and beat that quake to ever really be this great //

But dreams are waste, once upon a time I still believed in fate ;;

She doesn't see the plays, yet in my mind I expect her to referee //

It's embedded in my destiny to live a life of stress, fail to succeed ;;

Then when I get some peace I breathe a breath that screams //

I died inside that day I realized you were dead to me, ;;

now all I've got are memories of the night I spent with flesh and she's; //

the only thing that sets me free from nightmares I once dreamt as dreams. ;;

One night, and your entire attires used as foreplay //

for a girl who's gourmet in a world you'd sure trade ;;

As I said, it's a work in progress, not much word-play ect. Might finish it off one day soon.

• 4 weeks later...