Gfx eww

MellyPie

tbh they would look 1000x better with better proportion i watch anime and i know what it looks like and they look better than that

Whats constructive about that? gtfo the topic please.

P.S Yes they do, they look exactly like it.

Anime isnt about proportion at all.

severed arow

tbh they would look 1000x better with better proportion i watch anime and i know what it looks like and they look better than that

Whats constructive about that? gtfo the topic please.

P.S Yes they do, they look exactly like it.

Anime isnt about proportion at all.

orite you fucking airhead try to be more modest it will get you further and take what we have to say connor is 1000x better than you at toons / pixels so it wytchcraft  they are offering good help anime isnt about guys that look like they've had their head punched in and then put through a wrack dip shit.

but here at foe we encourage you to practise more in order to improve your artwork so keep practising you will get there!

Okay everybody, easy on those triggers.

MellyPie; you say your style is anime, and that anime isn't supposed to be perfect anatomically all the time. This is true, however what style you're incorporating into your drawings is quite tacky and not really appealing in any way.

I'm referring mostly towards the way your characters look as if they have developed spider-like limbs, and strange sense of 2D, kind of like the portrait of the battle of hastings, or even Egyptian style; it's not porportionate, it doesn't look good, and it needs work.

Instead of making your characters so strangely shaped in regards to the way they're portrayed, there's a few things you can alter to make them a bit more appealing.

Instead of making them so super skinny, try and picture your character in your head. Is your character meant to be anorexic? If not, then add meat.

Second off, try not making them look so incredibly block-like in design. They're people, not robots, unless you're drawing robots disguised as people, in which case go for it. If not, relax them a bit more.

The arms of your characters are supposed to be longer than the body, however should not extend anywhere near the knees. 3/4 down to halfway down up the character's thigh is low enough, a bit more than 3/4 down being the maximum. So unless you're drawing spider people with horse legs, try and follow those guidelines in regards to arms.

Also, on the arms, the forearms of your characters are not supposed to be the same size as your character's upper arms and shoulders. The upper arm-shoulder should be more thick and the forearm slightly thinner, with the two sizes meeting around the middle where the elbow is.

Finally, the character's legs are too long for the body; refer to proper porportionates in regards to legs. Just look at yourself in the mirror; are your legs really freakishly long? Probably not.

You sparingly call us "trolls" for telling you your work isn't that good and needs work, yet it's uncertain of whether or not you yourself are trolling due to the fact that anybody who would know what the fuck they're talking about in regards to anime would know that there's a shitload of porportions and anatomical guidelines that need to be followed to efficiently maximize the ability and the way the piece tends to catch the eyes of individuals at first glance. Although some of the things portrayed in anime in regards to characters can be regarded as being extreme, there are proper porportions used throughout the portrayal of said characters.

Also, if your style of anime IS commonly used, please do not hesitate to give us something to compare them to, because from what I know about anime, I've never seen the way you style your characters ever until now.

If you are still having problems with anatomy in regards to the way characters should be looking, please take a look at the diagram below, as it will help you a lot.

And also, if you would please stop flaming the members of these boards for expressing a valid opinion that would be great, because what they're giving you IS constructive criticism; they are the public, and this is what the public thinks your works are lacking. Use the knowledge wisely.