• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• I C0NN0R I

• Paxman

• Idiot_Wasabi

• severed arow

Idiot_Wasabi

I assume the way the leg is up high its meant to be stepping back, to me it just looks like she has a short leg, maybe its just me. but perhaps the dress needs to follow that leg curve a bit more, the leg will be pulling on the back of the dress so the front will still be free and flowing.

the wand arm looks like a watering can spurt it shouldn't give that hook, maybe a little curve, a bit more subtle.

also with the wand arm, when you throw a ball with your right arm, your right leg goes back, same with the left but she is doing the opposite so it makes her look unco to me  :p

the arm looks a touch long but maybe that's just because of the short leg.

remember I'm not experienced in giving feedback and I'm certainly not a gfxer but its just my views, i still think its a good piece. I'm just giving my view and every POV counts right?

severed arow

I assume the way the leg is up high its meant to be stepping back, to me it just looks like she has a short leg, maybe its just me. but perhaps the dress needs to follow that leg curve a bit more, the leg will be pulling on the back of the dress so the front will still be free and flowing.

the wand arm looks like a watering can spurt it shouldn't give that hook, maybe a little curve, a bit more subtle.

also with the wand arm, when you throw a ball with your right arm, your right leg goes back, same with the left but she is doing the opposite so it makes her look unco to me  :p

the arm looks a touch long but maybe that's just because of the short leg.

remember I'm not experienced in giving feedback and I'm certainly not a gfxer but its just my views, i still think its a good piece. I'm just giving my view and every POV counts right?

kk ty + shes stepping forward and throwing her wand arm forwards the trails is where the wand has been :)

Idiot_Wasabi

oh yes, i see. the throwing arm is still the same as the leg that's back  :) hope i helped  :p

i'm trying to learn to pixel at the moment, with miserable results a might add  :lol:

severed arow

oh yes, i see. the throwing arm is still the same as the leg that's back  :) hope i helped  :p

i'm trying to learn to pixel at the moment, with miserable results a might add  :lol:

better ior worse than mine yeh ik i suck atm but i really wanna get good and my grandad just gave me  one of those expensive office chairs cause he got a new on its so comfortable ranther than the turned upsidedown basket wit ha wooden plank on it >.<

ty as if i didnt fucking think of dat!

well the light on ur breasts are at the bottom so i thought you didn't think of it..

you asked so i tried to give an answer, please don't get lippy with me :/

severed arow

well the light on ur breasts are at the bottom so i thought you didn't think of it..

i wasnt getting lippy lol it was like ah im such an idiot why the fuck did i think of that:P i was insulting myself and thanking you and :P its not meant to be the bottom :)

i wasnt getting lippy lol it was like ah im such an idiot why the fuck did i think of that:P i was insulting myself and thanking you and :P its not meant to be the bottom :)

Oh right I completely apologise mate, I completely misread that :L

Ahh okay, I thought it was light at the bottom or is that the trim then? :)

It still looks really nice and the shading on the hat is really nice and so is the wand and it's trail!

severed arow

Oh right I completely apologise mate, I completely misread that :L

Ahh okay, I thought it was light at the bottom or is that the trim then? :)

It still looks really nice and the shading on the hat is really nice and so is the wand and it's trail!

thanks :) now i look at it i suppose it is the bottom but in my mind when i was drawing it it was the front/top :S im an idiot lol

Gareth l Rare

nice tbh m8 but tock is pro GFX

lol?

He's spammed every thread in every topic

He's just a little kid don't mind him baby... now get back to work!  :shifty:

• 2 weeks later...

I like the work Jamal. I didn't read all the comments so sorry if I repeat any advice. To start off, I honestly don't know much about pixeling, I'm no pro at it. Connor is a better resource. But if you want my advice I can only use the stuff I found out when I started pixeling. I started off on a smaller scale for starters. And I did not draw any hair, I suck at drawing hair. Basically I went with basic shapes (monk robes) just kind of simple rough outlines so it looks like a monk robe but not super detailed. Shading was very rough and sloppy but in the end looked ok. So i guess what I'm saying is I feel as though you jumped too quickly into large scale pixels. Start off small, not tiny where you can't see the eyes though. Practice with your own style of proportions. My first characters had pretty big heads that were perfect cirlces mostly. And then work from there. Your work right now is very well done. The first one only has some issues with like the head shape, dds and sky. But the shading is exceptional so good job. I love the small pixel you did, those are always fun to look at. The mages stance is a little awkward and the hats on the floor shud vary more in size but you work very well on a small scale, lots of detail (more could be added to the floor). The close up is on the right track, again working on a smaller scale than that would help. When I look closely at the shading it doesn't feel 3d to me. For example the right shoulder armor has a shadow thats flush on the arm and chest when it should be offset and curved to show the shape of the arm and chest. I love that you starting pixels Jamal and I'll join you soon. :)

I like the work Jamal. I didn't read all the comments so sorry if I repeat any advice. To start off, I honestly don't know much about pixeling, I'm no pro at it. Connor is a better resource. But if you want my advice I can only use the stuff I found out when I started pixeling. I started off on a smaller scale for starters. And I did not draw any hair, I suck at drawing hair. Basically I went with basic shapes (monk robes) just kind of simple rough outlines so it looks like a monk robe but not super detailed. Shading was very rough and sloppy but in the end looked ok. So i guess what I'm saying is I feel as though you jumped too quickly into large scale pixels. Start off small, not tiny where you can't see the eyes though. Practice with your own style of proportions. My first characters had pretty big heads that were perfect cirlces mostly. And then work from there. Your work right now is very well done. The first one only has some issues with like the head shape, dds and sky. But the shading is exceptional so good job. I love the small pixel you did, those are always fun to look at. The mages stance is a little awkward and the hats on the floor shud vary more in size but you work very well on a small scale, lots of detail (more could be added to the floor). The close up is on the right track, again working on a smaller scale than that would help. When I look closely at the shading it doesn't feel 3d to me. For example the right shoulder armor has a shadow thats flush on the arm and chest when it should be offset and curved to show the shape of the arm and chest. I love that you starting pixels Jamal and I'll join you soon. :)

ty stand :)

comments tl;dr, but try a smaler scale. Easier perfecting the shapes and shading ;)

Also try having a printscreen for the using actual colours, alteast thats what I did there V.

Jamal update this i wanna see more of this stuff! I've been sketching some ideas for my own pixels. Ill post the steps on the forums soon. Just gotta finish the thing for sefket and some other requests that i think are there.

• 2 weeks later...