[ High Council ] Colin
don
Kruck
Polar
TBR
[ Council ] Rob

Why Are Prices Dropping?

Hearts

it's the summer, prices ALWAYS drop in summer.. don't get used to it.

I've been playing for 5/6 summers now and never noticed anything THIS big effecting mass items, Doubt it's the "summer" if anything i'd almost say its the opposite, But agreed dungeering/bots/cboots/updates are all acustom to this and im pretty sure these new prices are either gonna keep dropping if they don't even out in the next couple weeks, already lost 3m on my claws  (n)

its cause ppl though there was new double xp so they invest in herbs and stuf but then there aint one and been trolls for 3 weeks and now there has been posts there aint 1 any time soon so evry1 dumped herbs to also rares crashed cause of new clues soon comming and the new impling update made all imps crash to. evry1 keeping money to invest in new clues

i know the herb prices are going down because the sorc garden script is amazing  :shifty:

i'm afraid the minigame will get nerfed, and i would have waste 16 bucks  :angry:

happens evry summer reasons why:

reason: people sell items b4 they go on vacation

reason:people quit in the summer dont feel like playing as much as its warmer outside

theyl go back up m,id summer

Zerker rings are at the lowest they have been for months now. I bought 7 as I'm pretty certain they wont go much lower considering the change in Tokkul.

Beastdefire

Imo inflation should make items to cost more...

Lol you obviously have no idea what you're talking about

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inflation

"Inflation is a rise in the general level of prices of goods and services in an economy over a period of time. When the price level rises, each unit of currency buys fewer goods and services; consequently, inflation is also an erosion in the purchasing power of money – a loss of real value in the internal medium of exchange and unit of account in the economy."

In English:

There are more GPs in the system because of various reasons (drops, alchs, etc) so each GP has lower purchasing power. Thus, items cost more because of inflation, not less.

"Inflation is a rise in the general level of prices of goods and services in an economy over a period of time. When the price level rises, each unit of currency buys fewer goods and services; consequently, inflation is also an erosion in the purchasing power of money – a loss of real value in the internal medium of exchange and unit of account in the economy."

In English:

There are more GPs in the system because of various reasons (drops, alchs, etc) so each GP has lower purchasing power. Thus, items cost more because of inflation, not less.

I'm not opposing your viewpoint and don't want to argue. But if more GP is coming into the game, why would people (who now have more money to spend, and the same amount of items available on the market) buy for LOWER prices when they have MORE money to spend? Your definition points to real life, not an instance in which every method of trading is processed through the GE.

Also: "Inflation is a rise in the general level of prices of goods and services in an economy over a period of time.

Beastdefire

In English:

I'm not opposing your viewpoint and don't want to argue. But if more GP is coming into the game, why would people (who now have more money to spend, and the same amount of items available on the market) buy for LOWER prices when they have MORE money to spend? Your definition points to real life, not an instance in which every method of trading is processed through the GE.

Also: "Inflation is a rise in the general level of prices of goods and services in an economy over a period of time.

We're arguing the same point... Shut Up Kid implied that inflation made items cost less, which isn't the case. Inflation IS NOT what is causing prices to drop right now is the point I'm trying to make.

And yes, general price level is correct. Inflation causes the price of (almost) everything to rise, not just specific items.

herbs are dropping due to the mass amount of botters at druids, this allways happens.

So jagex went and introduced a new druid location. It has 20 druids and a ranarr spawn that spawns every 45 seconds.